Derby County Community Trust

angieram

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Is there a reason why none of the posts have any indication of salary?

The club and the community trust never seem to publicise their salaries. Coming from the public and charity sector I find it strange.

But lots of private companies don't. 

I would hope if you send for details, they are in there. Lot of wasted effort if not! 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

The club and the community trust never seem to publicise their salaries. Coming from the public and charity sector I find it strange.

I would hope if you send for details, they are in there. Lot of wasted effort if not! 

I bet they'll say dependent upon skills and experience. In other words, we'll pay as little as we think you'll accept. 

17 hours ago, angieram said:

Indeed - it's a bug bear of mine whilst job hunting.

Any company that doesn't include a salary range says to me

1) we have no idea of the value of this role - or

2) we are hoping to pay as little as we can get away with

Either or both of those things doesn't reflect well on the company

I went through a really long recruitment process for a new job and they didn't mention salary at all (I asked and they said that was just negotiated by HR at the end of the process, should I be successful)

No surprise - they offered me the job, I spoke to their HR dept who asked my salary expectations, and then told me that was above what they could afford.

Total waste of time for everyone, and I stayed in my old job

On 01/10/2021 at 19:22, StockholmRam said:

In Sweden... Public sector jobs have the same pay for each relative position regardless of age, sex.

Private sector heavily regulated on fluctuating salary offers.

Yes, public sector do here, relatively speaking - although some councils or Health Trusts pay better rates within each salary band, plus there are area weightings based on cost of living. 

Trouble here is, Derby County Community Trust is a registered charity and have more choice. A quick look at their Board suggests they are mostly private sector business type trustees, so I am not surprised that they are adopting private sector values, which aren't really governed at all in this country apart from minimum wage legislation and market values. 

Lots of charities (any I have run included) always advertise salary bands and try to mirror scales in similar jobs in the public sector, especially when receiving public or Government grants. But they don't have to.

BTW, this is not a criticism of DCCT, who I think do some fantastic work across sports and the community. I am just explaining how it is.