Double-Edged Sword

DarkFruitsRam7

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good for you but, from my observation, the Doughty song was a “in the moment” type of song, specifically aimed at Forest (unless you’re talking about a different song) that wasn’t around for long and I’ve not heard it for a long time including away games. 

The treadmill one? Yeah I very rarely heard it, but it’s definitely made a comeback this season.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I sing about kicking people’s heads in down Shaftesbury Street and I was in my dad’s nutsack when that was relevant.

When you're tired and weary

Your heart may skip a beat

You'll get your effing heads kicked in

As you walk down Shaftsbury Street

You'll walk onto the Popside

You'll hear a mighty roar

Eff off you forest Ba**ards

We are the Derby boys

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve been vocal about how proud I am of our fans’ support this season. The singing has been pretty much non stop. I think it’s partly because there seems to be more younger fans (16-21) going at the minute.

However, there have also been a lot more unsavoury chants in recent months, generally led by that age range. Barely a game goes by without hearing songs about Nigel Doughty these days. And I must have heard the words “Billy Sharp” and “sex offender” 1,000 times yesterday.

Not sure there’s really a point to this post. Just an observation.

it is always a minotirty dark fruits, but i think as a whole we are just not a popular club anymore. authorities dont like us, clubs dont like us, players dont like us.

the worst part it its not out of jelousy either 

the best thing a new owner can do is to try and restore our once great name that has been destroyed by you know who

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

The problem with coke is it highlights peoples flaws and makes them more confident to not worry about those flaws, a bit like alcohol without being blindingly obvious to other people or eventually falling over.

Not that I ever took it in my clubbing days, but er, if I had, it would have made me more likely to hug people than get aggressive.

But that isn't always the case and I know people who took it and became super arrogant and aggressive. And if people take it in a group of dicks, they're going to become a dick too.

It would definitely account for what is being discussed, and it's highly doubtful anybody who has never taken it would know from dickish behaviour. 

Having said all that, it's expensive (at least it was I'm told) to the point that Sting once said 'Cocaine is Gods way of telling you that you have too much money' so I doubt a LLOT of people can afford it. But I could be wrong.

From experience of being offered it in Manchester and Leeds (I always politely declined) and my housemate taking it I'm not sure it's as expensive as it used to be. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

From experience of being offered it in Manchester and Leeds (I always politely declined) and my housemate taking it I'm not sure it's as expensive as it used to be. 

It’s absolutely rife. People were in and out if the toilets at the pub when England played the Czech Republic during the Euros and that was a Wednesday night. 

Got a couple of mates who are well into it and you’re probably looking at £100 for three grams. 

No more expensive than smoking, really.

Theres a MAJOR drugs issue in this country and football is just a reflection on that. 

Edited by cannable

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve been vocal about how proud I am of our fans’ support this season. The singing has been pretty much non stop. I think it’s partly because there seems to be more younger fans (16-21) going at the minute.

However, there have also been a lot more unsavoury chants in recent months, generally led by that age range. Barely a game goes by without hearing songs about Nigel Doughty these days. And I must have heard the words “Billy Sharp” and “sex offender” 1,000 times yesterday.

I was there also and me and my mates couldn’t understand it and didn’t partake in it and it was unfair on the player regardless of his history 

Just now, cannable said:

It’s absolutely rife. People were in and out if the toilets at the pub when England played the Czech Republic during the Euros and that was a Wednesday night. 

Got a couple of mates who are well into it and you’re probably looking at £100 for three grams. 

Yeah in Leeds if you wanted to take drugs you could easily find some in about 30 minutes to an hour tops I would imagine given the prevalence of it all. The guy who approached me in his car literally had a business card.... 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah in Leeds if you wanted to take drugs you could easily find some in about 30 minutes to an hour tops I would imagine given the prevalence of it all. The guy who approached me in his car literally had a business card.... 

I’ve been given multiple business cards in Fallowfield (Manchester) this week. They’re everywhere during Freshers.

Ket is massive here.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Pure Coke can/will fry your brain and is at the top of the price list, It'll be cut several times(baking soda)to make it weaker and the profit higher, How do I know this, I've watched Narco Wars on TV, The Liverpool one shows you what happens once bought by gangs.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Having said all that, it's expensive (at least it was I'm told) to the point that Sting once said 'Cocaine is Gods way of telling you that you have too much money' so I doubt a LLOT of people can afford it. But I could be wrong.

You've been abroad for too long.

It's now about the same price as a bit of blow/puff would've been 20 years ago.

No longer a treat.

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

Theres a MAJOR drugs issue in this country and football is just a reflection on that. 

It was certainly cited as one of the issues with what went on at the Euros final with open drug use on Wembley Way discussed widely. 

People are social animals and often deeply flawed. And everyone's been caged up for 18 months without an outlet. I think we may be heading back to the times similar to when the debate was whether football hooliganism was a football problem or a societal problem.

I absolutely hate hearing distasteful songs on the terraces, but when you have young animals (not at all used disparagingly, just a scientific statement) in packs together then this sort of behaviour will happen, not helped because there's also the thing where football fans are continually being preached at by the media, players and middle classes (who have a strong puritanical dislike of the great unwashed) and there's the natural rebellion against authority.

I think it's crazy that some drugs are legal when others aren't, with zero rational justification, and would personally legalize and tax all drugs whether alcohol or cocaine and treat any additions as a public health issue. The "war on drugs" is the wrong approach and has failed as prohibition always will.

Football's problem is that it is the most popular "religion" in the world and everyone gravitates to it so it becomes the magnifying glass through which a lot of society's ills are exposed. 

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think with Covid perhaps some older fans havent been going away so much so perhaps the younger fans who want to cause trouble are more concentrated together in away grounds so unacceptable songs perhaps get going more easily. Of course the majority of our young fans are funny and lovely, shouldnt be tarred with the same brush and are the lifeblood for the club going forward. Our away support has been so excellent it is real shame we are even talking about this.