Player Ratings #9 : vs Sheff Utd (a)

Rampant

Posting this in case I can't sort it later. Your ratings for our heroes are invited. Average performance is a 6.0. Half marks accepted. Deadline of 2100 Sunday. COYR.

Roos

Byrne

Buchanan

Jagielka

Davies

Shinnie

Bird

Morrison

Sibley

Lawrence

Baldock

(add subs as you see fit)

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

Posting this in case I can't sort it later. Your ratings for our heroes are invited. Average performance is a 6.0. Half marks accepted. Deadline of 2100 Sunday. COYR.

Roos 4 - Not a sending off for me but still took us out of the game

Byrne 6

Buchanan 7

Jagielka 7.5

Davies 6 - what on earth was he doing? Decent until then

Shinnie 6.5

Bird 7

Morrison 5

Sibley 6.5

Lawrence 6.5

Baldock 5

Allsop 5.5

Knight 6

Jozwiak 6.5

Roos 0 - we would have won this game with 11 men on the pitch  

Byrne - 7

Buchanan - 7

Jagielka - 9 awesome  

Davies - 9 would have been 10 but for the handball…. Still amazing performance though 

Shinnie - 10 outstanding  

Bird - 8 another solid game 

Morrison - 4 didn’t notice he was on the pitch really 

Sibley 3 the only time I spotted him was when he was pulled up for being offside all the time 

Lawrence 5 oh Thomas, what were you doing at the end…?

Baldock 4 should have scored but lacked much service. 

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

Roos 8

Byrne 7

Buchanan 7

Jagielka 8

Davies 7

Shinnie 9

Bird 8

Morrison 5

Sibley 6

Lawrence 6

Baldock 6

(add subs as you see fit)

Roos - 4.5         Before the red was probably going to give a 7 but that mistake changed the game.

Byrne - 6           Decent.

Buchanan - 6    Decent. 

Jagielka - 9       Immense. 

Davies - 8.5      Until the 88th min fantastic. What on earth was he doing with his arm though!?

Shinnie - 9.5     Brilliant. In my opinion he's our real captain.

Bird - 7.5           Another good display. At his best when we up the tempo and he looks/drives forward. 

Morrison - 5.5   Very quiet. 

Sibley - 5.5      Would be so much better playing no.10, he's not a winger. 

Lawrence - 5.5 Infuriating. Every single shot, head down, kick it as hard as can, aim for the middle and hope it swerves either side

Baldock - 4     Was he even on the pitch? Missed a great chance with his left foot is all i can remember him doing

Jozwiak - 7  Made a difference when he came on, even with 10 men. Pace is a threat, quick feet, good link up play.

Knight - 6    Extra energy and pressing when he came on, decent cameo.

Allsop - 6.5  Did well given the circumstances. Caught crosses, made saves. Did nothing wrong. 

Edited by Chris_Martin

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Roos - 4.5         Before the red was probably going to give a 7 but that mistake changed the game.

Byrne - 6           Decent.

Buchanan - 6    Decent. 

Jagielka - 9       Immense. 

Davies - 8.5      Until the 88th min fantastic. What on earth was he doing with his arm though!?

Shinnie - 9.5     Brilliant. In my opinion he's our real captain.

Bird - 7.5           Another good display. At his best when we up the tempo and he looks/drives forward. 

Morrison - 5.5   Very quiet. 

Sibley - 5.5      Would be so much better playing no.10, he's not a winger. 

Lawrence - 5.5 Infuriating. Every single shot, head down, kick it as hard as can, aim for the middle and hope it swerves either side

Baldock - 4     Was he even on the pitch? Missed a great chance with his left foot is all i can remember him doing

Jozwiak - 7  Made a difference when he came on, even with 10 men. Pace is a threat, quick feet, good link up play.

Knight - 6    Extra energy and pressing when he came on, decent cameo.

Allsop - 6.5  Did well given the circumstances. Caught crosses, made saves. Did nothing wrong. 

So you dock Roos 2.5 points for a mistake that didn't cost a goal but give Davies an 8.5 despite the mistake that did?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

So you dock Roos 2.5 points for a mistake that didn't cost a goal but give Davies an 8.5 despite the mistake that did?

It's still possible to win from a goal down. It's not with 10 men. Roos's mistake had much more of an impact.

Edited by Chris_Martin

23 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Not a large pool of ratings this time around but the top three were:

MotM     8.39   Shinnie

8.00   Jagielka

7.78    Bird

Thanks, Rampant. I couldn't vote having listened to the match on Radio Derby and therefore not having the foggiest idea who played well. Back to it on Wednesday, though.