Simon Jordan

NottsRam

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That really isn't the same thing at all. You really are pushing this topic too hard - for what reason I wonder.

Of course it’s the same

For what reason ? What an odd question, you seem to imply I have some strange agenda or ulterior motive.

In case it isn’t completely obvious: the reason I raise it is because I think he behaved shabbily and I want to express my view.  That’s all 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Of course it’s the same

For what reason ? What an odd question, you seem to imply I have some strange agenda or ulterior motive.
In case it isn’t completely obvious: the reason I raise it is because I think he behaved shabbily and I want to express my view.  That’s all 

I'm not the only one who think s you have an agenda. You keep on about our manager behaving shabbily when left out of the communications loop by the owner and by the sound of it the CEO. Listening to Sportscene RD and the first thing they commented on 'now can all the fans see what problems we've had with communications with the club' (paraphrased). Where they behaving shabbily then?!

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

FWIW I think Simon Jordan is a brilliant broadcaster. Nearly always agree with him and he is a funny bloke with a great turn of phrase who can laugh at himself. 

As he is liable to saying himself..he 'has skin in this particular game' so no surprise he is against a manager calling out his owner! Also seems like he has been talking to Mel behind the scenes and knows his side of it  -  ie Mel was ill with Covid, there is a CEO for Rooney to talk to... and the fact Mel had to consider if he had told Rooney of his plans would it have been splashed all over the papers next day.

Didn't agree with him but he argued a good case.

That CEO was probably as in the dark as everyone else.

It’s been obvious for quite a while now that there was very little communication from the top, ie Rooney saying he was hopeful of bringing in players in the transfer window when in reality there was no chance.

I’m not a business man myself, but I’m sure this isn’t the ideal way to run a business.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m not the only one who think s you have an agenda

Well if I have an ‘agenda’ part of it is to call out MM and the club and Rooney if they are unprofessional, undignified, skuzzy  etc. And I understand others may disagree with my views 

You insinuate I have a different agenda, let me know if you’d like to share your insight 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Well if I have an ‘agenda’ part of it is to call out MM and the club and Rooney if they are unprofessional, undignified, skuzzy  etc. And I understand others may disagree with my views 

You insinuate I have a different agenda, let me know if you’d like to share your insight 

Lol. The DCFC fans 'superhero'. Are you wearing your pants over your trousers? 

56 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Interesting. I have always assumed Pearce is Mel’s stooge and that they probably speak several times a day. 

CEO and CFOs are generally very close and from my experience, if the CEO has made it clear he is going to do what the hell he likes, the CFO has 2 choices, have some balls and walk or sit back take the money and hope that the miracle happens........ 

18 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Did anyone hear Jordans outburst on TalkShite this morning?  He absolutely laid into Rooney for criticizing Mel Morris for not answering his calls and for his lack of sincerity in the meeting with staff and players.  Jordan seems to think the manager has no right to be kept informed of the situation and even suggested Rooney should be grateful to Morris for giving him the job.  It left me fuming.   

but its talk sport they don't exist without causing discussion don't listen ten you dont get irate. Simon Jordan is no better than other chairman. standing up for his side and thinks he is perfect

I think Jordan usually speaks sense, he’s the only voice on there constantly saying how it is re football finances and the fact the only way it’ll ever change is when we stop paying unsustainable salaries to Footballers and fees to their agents. He quite often puts that cretin Jim White in his place over Sky and their detrimental impact on football, which is always nice to hear. 

On this occasion he’s completely wrong however.

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Simon Jordan talks a load of tripe, he doesn't deserve the air time.

Completely disagree.

Only pundit on Talksport that I take any serious interest in.

Always got an interesting angle and is very good at getting his point across. Compared to Jim White,  Darren Bent,  Jamie O'Hara??

What about Andy Hinchcliffe? Or Micah Richards, Jermaine Jenas, Alan Shearer? Nothing at all of any interest to say on football to me or the wider issues. Just trot out stock phrases. 

Simon Jordan likes to be argumentative sure, but he's firmly tongue in cheek and he clearly has a proper opinion on things like contracts,  agents,  money in the game etc that is worth listening to, if taken with a pinch of salt at times. 

23 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Wasn't he backing Erik Alonso? Talks balls, can't believe he's still a thing

simon jordan is nothing more than a rent a gob on talkshite.

he knows very little of the football industry anymore and has no contacts at all within the game left. he is no different from going to a pub and listening to some drunk old fool rambling on about topics he knows nothing about.