Simon Jordan

NottsRam

Did anyone hear Jordans outburst on TalkShite this morning?  He absolutely laid into Rooney for criticizing Mel Morris for not answering his calls and for his lack of sincerity in the meeting with staff and players.  Jordan seems to think the manager has no right to be kept informed of the situation and even suggested Rooney should be grateful to Morris for giving him the job.  It left me fuming.   

It's a rather strange outburst and odd take on things IMHO. Take it into any other workplace and make Rooney a Head of Department or whatever and the MD won't answer your calls or emails or give you any heads up about a looming financial crisis and then just announces Administration without even telling you before eventually deciding to speak to people ? I'd be seriously unimpressed with that.

I do however think we just need to get his settled hopefully amicably before anyone starts any war of words that might impact deals to be done. We need everyone to play their part including MM. A time for cool heads I feel.

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Jordan's an absolute knobber who changes his stance every time the wind blows. He owned a club, yet now finds himself a paid talking head for Talksport, whilst desperately trying to remain relevant. That's a pretty spectacular downturn by anyone's standards. 

Why is it always so black and white on here? Rooney has done well recently and now we really need him. But that doesn’t excuse what he did yesterday to the man who has paid (part of) his wages since he joined. Rooney called MM insincere, dishonest and said he was glad to see that back of him. Doesn’t he realise the difference between speaking publicly and in private ? 
looking forward to the angry faces ? 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Why is it always so black and white on here? Rooney has done well recently and now we really need him. But that doesn’t excuse what he did yesterday to the man who has paid (part of) his wages since he joined. Rooney called MM insincere, dishonest and said he was glad to see that back of him. Doesn’t he realise the difference between speaking publicly and in private ? 

He doesn't need excusing for what he said.

When MM goes on Radio Derby and sings Rooneys praises pretending everything is ok, he deserves to be called out.

Its actually good to be getting some honest news from inside the club, probably the first time in 3 years that we have had it.

Plus if it galvanises people behind Rooney and helps create more of a siege mentality, even better.

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rooney was answering a direct question about the meeting with MM and the staff.  What should he have said?

59 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Can't believe people still listen to this garbage. 

I've never listened to it, probably just as well from what I've read in recent months. I get the impression the occasional good discussion is seriously outnumbered by garbage - are they the radio equivalent of the Daily Star?

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He called him disrespectful and said his talk to the players and staff was insincere and basically a replay of the radio interview..

People need to realise that TalkSport is just noise designed to incite a reaction. It’s essentially clickbait journalism for the ears.

It can’t be a coincidence that every “fan” that calls in is an absolute moron. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pre-arranged to come on with their nonsensical opinions purely to increase interaction.

As be said before, because he’s posh, all relative on Talksport though, people are taken in by his ridiculous ramblings. Rooney did manage to get through to Mel, by borrowing the club Doctors phone, although Mel probably cut him off when when Wayne said a Cortisone injection was a sports car. Only joking Wazza, keep up the fantastic job you are doing mate.