Chris Wood - West Bromwich Albion

Rams_unite

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, I understand what the situation is and if we are looking at bringing Wood in I'd give him a chance before writing him off.

I think alot of people are missing the point in what Clough is trying to do, due to the lack of money he is trying to bring in young players with potential, yes some will flop but that's expected, have a look at Sir Fergies transfer history.

Let's take Charlie Austin again for example, had we signed him from Poole Town last season there would be a bloodbath, "What's Clough playing at", "He's taking us down" blah blah.

Now because Charlie Austin has scored 21 goals, alot of fans would be over the moon and praising Clough if we signed him today. Austin would probably cost us around a million + now with a sell on clause, had we signed him last season from Poole he would of cost us a can of coke and bag of Cheese and Onion.

What Clough is trying to do is cutting out the middle man, the club that finds the players and sell them on for a fortune. It is a risky stratagy I agree but if Clough pulls it off he'l be on the road to legendary status.

if we don't get a permanant striker in and bring wood in instead it will be the begining of the end for this board and rightly so. They havn't put any money in so they ought to go dcrew themselves in my opinon. I hope tom glick the swarmy git leaves

Clough has already said he's looking at loan players so you had better start making your "Board Out" banners now.

I think Glick will still be here in May despite your protests and will blow a raspberry at you from the directors box.

porter is always injured and unreliable

Any ideas when he's due back?

davies is injured

Any ideas when he's due back?

In the meantime we'll have to make do with Commons, Hulse, Cywka for the one up front position.

Honestly, you make it sound like we've no options at all.

well we did play a reserve left back up front on saturday so what do you think, davies is out for 6 months, porter may be ready for saturday however his hip is basiclly knackered, will always be in and out of fitness. Cywka and commons are needed in the advanced midfielder positions really, also none of them would do with this formation in that position, we would need to change it round a little. We do have very little options, our swuad is threadbare tbh if you can't see that then there is no hope

a loan signing wont be as commited as a permanant deal, first thing warnock did at qpr was send back every loanee. If clough wants to build a small close knit squad loanees arn't the way to go, even warnock said that. Also finding a good striker on loan is very difficult, why didn't we sign john stead for 200k? somone like that instead of loaning an inexperienced player who probablly wont help one jot.

Well bravo to Warnock but guess what? they are loaded!!

Why didn't we sign Bellamy, why didn't we sign David Villa, why didn't we sign Humpty Dumpty....because Clough didn't want or was able to, are you going to come out with this crap everytime another club signs a player?.

Well bravo to Warnock but guess what? they are loaded!!

Why didn't we sign Bellamy, why didn't we sign David Villa, why didn't we sign Humpty Dumpty....because Clough didn't want or was able to, are you going to come out with this crap everytime another club signs a player?.

first of all warncok hasn't spent big at all daveo, qpr are an example fo where we should be within a few seasons. What angers me is the fact that you go on there isn't any proved players for little money ect, when there is I point it out and then you moan as well. You can't have it both ways, there are striekrs out there who can do a job for little money, now wood isn't proven and if he comes it shows the ambition of the board and this club, set at fecking rock bottom, also if clough is contacting clubs for loans like man city as a prime one why weren't we within sniffing range of bellamy daveo?

Archived