My apologies to Mr Wayne Rooney

DanS1992

Wayne Rooney doesnt need Derby County. He is still here because he is willing to get stuck in on our (the fans) behalf. 

Regardless of what happens on the pitch from here I've developed an immense amount of respect for him. Thank you, Wayne.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Maybe we should adopt him.

He's one of our own...he's one of our ooowwwnnn

Wayne Rooney is one of our own

image.png.9a8d1e8ac934a9a94dc31606691674f2.png

As far as i am concerned, he already is.

Thank you Wayne, it's an honour and a privilege to have a Man of your character at the club.

Sorry about my jab at you for that hotel thingy, we all make mistakes.

I didn’t want Rooney and he is the epitome of why this club has fallen so far. Not because of him but by his appointment. If Mel was focussed on the club then he never appoints Rooney as manager.

For me Rooney’s lack of coaching experience would of immediately ruled him out if getting the job, especially considering the position we were in.

However, he was given the job and I was pleasantly surprised when we improved so much before falling away after the Bielik injury.

I do believe though that with the correct backing in the summer transfer window this season he would of got some decent players here. I really do believe he had a large number of players waiting to come to the club.

At present time Rooney has shown himself to be a decent and honourable person but sticking with us through all the poo show.

I do feel sorry for him. He really has been dealt a really bad hand with an owner who could give a duck about anything.

Edited by Warwick Ram

I won't lie -  I was unhappy with him at the end of last season and when he played for us, but his actions on and off the pitch (for the most part) in this season have been exemplary and I would like to thank him for his significant efforts to help the club through this difficult period when nobody else would.

I know it’s not in his make up, but if he could just give the fans a little gesture after a game that would cement the bond even further.

He’s already a legend, he could take us from L1 to the prem, money is of no interest to him so finishing a project is I feel higher up his list.

If he took us from L1 to the Prem I’d personally drive him to Manu if they came knocking.  

He’d totally deserve it.

I to was very sceptical that Wayne Rooney was the man to take us forward, but over the last few weeks I have been won over by his honesty, integrity and willingness to fight for OUR club.  Yes, he's a 'rookie manager', but at the beginning of this season we can see an improvement, a style of play that he's striving to achieve, but it's over the past few hours that he has shown those qualities that I mentioned at the start of this post.  So I say to you, Wayne Rooney, thank you for the commitment that you are showing and we, the fans, are behind you, 100%......DNA!

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I know it’s not in his make up, but if he could just give the fans a little gesture after a game that would cement the bond even further.

He’s already a legend, he could take us from L1 to the prem, money is of no interest to him so finishing a project is I feel higher up his list.

If he took us from L1 to the Prem I’d personally drive him to Manu if they came knocking.  

He’d totally deserve it.

I know what you mean, but he clapped all four stands from the middle of the pitch Saturday.

It wasn't the token gesture either, it felt to me he got the club totally in that time, and appreciated the support.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He’d totally deserve it.

B12FDBFB-35FF-490B-B6C5-511225661185.gif

Always thought he was trying his very best even last season and was put in a near impossible position by the owner even back then..

He just gets on with it and his dedication to his job here is fantastic..

As is the way with forums some people on here  said some disgraceful things about Rooney during last season and even into this one..

I'm glad he is here and hope he stays to see the job through..I think now he is very much etched into the hearts of most Derby fans..he could become an absolute legend here..

I don't think apologies are needed. 

I should explain, last year we were arguing solely about Rooney’s unproven management ability in an apparently stable context. 

This year is completely unprecedented. And he has done inordinately well, so deserves huge appreciation for that performance, without needing to reflect back on last season. 

Massive appreciation, yes. Apologies for the previous years questions - not necessary IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are going to get more points deducted, hopefully all the points will be deducted this season and we can start a fresh next season in League 1…

That’s what i mean. If he keeps us up this season, it’s a Jesus level miracle. But it ain’t over til it’s over. 

So it turns out, the rock on which we're standing is actually Wayne Rooney. He'll still be judged on his results, as any and all managers should be, but then the win at Stoke was a huge result and he's definitely earned every plaudit this week with the way he's conducted himself.

I sense a growing siege mentality at the club and I think Mr Rooney himself is as much the architect as anyone. Let's be honest here, it'd be the most Derby thing ever if we somehow conjured up a run that saw us stay up. The dream may have changed but it's still alive.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

I know what you mean, but he clapped all four stands from the middle of the pitch Saturday.

It wasn't the token gesture either, it felt to me he got the club totally in that time, and appreciated the support.

Hairs standing up on the back of neck moment. 

We are Derby. This is what its all about. Supporting a football team when it really matters, Rooney has stood up and said he's the leader. Us fans now have the choice to back him, back our club, and do everything we can to make sure there will be a Derby County for our kids and grandkids to follow.