Supporters Trust

1of4

A lot of those questions are easy to deflect off or just give a yes/no..the covid issue is already being dealt with isn't it so they can just flick that one off..would be good to get something out of them but they just give bland politician responses so not sure that will change..the conflict of interest one would be good or when they plan to make final decisions on our total punishment (rather than wait and wait potentially putting new ownership at risk)

All seems a bit pointless…integrity of the league blah blah blah. Some of the questions are good, some pointless, but I want to see them answer questions on the spot, preferably in a legal setting, with a chance to immediately reply and pull them up on their answers. They will have a couple of weeks to carefully draft a response, run it by lawyers and then there is no right to reply. All seems a tick box exercise but well done to those getting the questions to them. 

As for a further points deduction, have we actually been charged with anything yet? I don’t remember anything. I know Mel talked of a £4 million overspend in one year but that doesn’t amount to an actual charge. So how can EFL points deductions be mooted before a charge? 

The EFL didn’t buy Nick Blackman and pay Jason Shackell and a cast of thousands stupid wages but they are certainly complicit in this whole mess we find ourselves in. 

If only there was a catchy song we could sing about them! 

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

All seems a bit pointless…integrity of the league blah blah blah. Some of the questions are good, some pointless, but I want to see them answer questions on the spot, preferably in a legal setting, with a chance to immediately reply and pull them up on their answers. They will have a couple of weeks to carefully draft a response, run it by lawyers and then there is no right to reply. All seems a tick box exercise but well done to those getting the questions to them. 

As for a further points deduction, have we actually been charged with anything yet? I don’t remember anything. I know Mel talked of a £4 million overspend in one year but that doesn’t amount to an actual charge. So how can EFL points deductions be mooted before a charge? 

The EFL didn’t buy Nick Blackman and pay Jason Shackell and a cast of thousands stupid wages but they are certainly complicit in this whole mess we find ourselves in. 

If only there was a catchy song we could sing about them! 

There has already been a face to face meeting between EFL and Rams Trust, where other questions were fielded and answered (not necessarily in a good way!) The report of that is on the Rams Trust website and links were posted on this thread if you want to read it. The EFL insisted on approving and editing the report of that meeting. 

They then gave Rams Trust an opportunity to ask follow up questions and these are those. 

I don't think we necessarily think we will get straight answers to these questions either, but it is important to continue the dialogue and probe for chinks in their armour.

The questions are varied because they reflect the range of views of Rams Trust members, who were asked to contribute. I wouldn't have asked some of them myself, but the ones I wanted to ask were included so I am happy with the process. 

I am finding it better to do something than to sit by moaning about it all. Not a criticism of anyone who doesn't believe in that route, but we need a really active - and wide reaching - Supporters Trust in future. 

The EFL need to know fans' views, aside from the singing their praise at matches, this is one way of doing it! 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

There has already been a face to face meeting between EFL and Rams Trust, where other questions were fielded and answered (not necessarily in a good way!) The report of that is on the Rams Trust website and links were posted on this thread if you want to read it. The EFL insisted on approving and editing the report of that meeting. 

They then gave Rams Trust an opportunity to ask follow up questions and these are those. 

I don't think we necessarily think we will get straight answers to these questions either, but it is important to continue the dialogue and probe for chinks in their armour.

The questions are varied because they reflect the range of views of Rams Trust members, who were asked to contribute. I wouldn't have asked some of them myself, but the ones I wanted to ask were included so I am happy with the process. 

I am finding it better to do something than to sit by moaning about it all. Not a criticism of anyone who doesn't believe in that route, but we need a really active - and wide reaching - Supporters Trust in future. 

The EFL need to know fans' views, aside from the singing their praise at matches, this is one way of doing it! 

Thanks Angie. Appreciate this. 

my main concern is thing about punishments being necessary to maintain the integrity of the League.

that flimsy pretext and subjective interpretation was precisely the language used by Efl when they banished Bury from the League.. a wholly disproportionate punishment in which only the innocent fans suffer.

any dialogue with Efl should in my view expose the hypocrisy and deceit of those weasel words.

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Need a modern, forward thinking Supporters Trust, not the navel-gazing, curmudgeonly, old fashioned one we have got now. Yet it's impossible to change from the inside because the control the board have from the Chair, Vice-Chair downwards is too strong. It really is a closed group.

14 minutes ago, tinman said:

Need a modern, forward thinking Supporters Trust, not the navel-gazing, curmudgeonly, old fashioned one we have got now. Yet it's impossible to change from the inside because the control the board have from the Chair, Vice-Chair downwards is too strong. It really is a closed group.

I’ve seen something kicking off on Twitter about a suspect tweet from a member of the trust.

Any ideas?

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve seen something kicking off on Twitter about a suspect tweet from a member of the trust.

Any ideas?

One of their members (high up) tweeted something about "Italians aren't black" or along those lines. Obviously it's a very poor tweet and even in context, it's bad, but I think it was taken waaaaaay out of context.

52 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

One of their members (high up) tweeted something about "Italians aren't black" or along those lines. Obviously it's a very poor tweet and even in context, it's bad, but I think it was taken waaaaaay out of context.

Yeah I think you're right. That seems like she's saying it's because he's black that this bloke's heritage was even mentioned, which is supporting the argument Michelle Gayle is saying. Wasn't necessary to answer the rhetorical question, but my word she's naive to have worded it like that, as it's very easy to read it a different way.

Is this the general state of RamsTrust board members? Is this the best we can do?

37 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

100% this. What BAWT is doing is great alongside Punjabi Rams. Rams Trust have always been a bunch of solipsistic, self-serving clowns and likely always will be. The vice chair clearly isn't racist, as she spends half her time ReTweeting Sadiq Khan. It was a stupid Tweet on her behalf. But stupid is as stupid does. Nobody has ever been able to tell me where all those £2 memberships go....

I was told something yesterday that sums them up.

There's a google group set up for members to discuss things. Fair enough. it's a bit clunky though and hard to keep track. So a channel was set up on Discord. It's an app/website that is a bit like a message board crossed with Whatsapp. I've never used it because I've not needed to. From what I'm told it would be ideal for that kind of thing. 

However one of the comments against using it was " I'm not using it as I don't like the name". 

Edited by tinman

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah I think you're right. That seems like she's saying it's because he's black that this bloke's heritage was even mentioned, which is supporting the argument Michelle Gayle is saying. Wasn't necessary to answer the rhetorical question, but my word she's naive to have worded it like that, as it's very easy to read it a different way.

Is this the general state of RamsTrust board members? Is this the best we can do?

There was absolutely no sense of introspection on the discussion yesterday. No sign of admitting that it was a clumsy tweet at best. Just went on about accusing the people who called her up on it a bunch of sad men who hate ramstrust.

2 hours ago, TheSlate said:

IMG_8454.PNG

This particular person is why I won't get involved with RamsTrust. First came across her in another Rams forum about 10 years ago. Her behaviour to other Rams fans online was shocking. Having witnessed her previous posts then, I am not so sure I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

I joined the RamsTrust when they were first setup - paid up for the first year but then decided they weren't really by cup of tea so stopped paying - they kept my membership going for several more years (I suspect to makle the numbers look better - in fact I may still officially be a member for all I know).

My biggest objection is that they (or at least Jim Wheeler) repeatedly claim to represent ALL Rams fans - which they certainly don't. Would love to know how many active memebrs they actually have - suspect that we're actually being represented by a vastly smaller group of fans than are active on this board....

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This particular person is why I won't get involved with RamsTrust. First came across her in another Rams forum about 10 years ago. Her behaviour to other Rams fans online was shocking. Having witnessed her previous posts then, I am not so sure I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

This would be where another female posted a "witch on a broomstick" after her comments, And a visit by the PC Police ensued, I get the feeling someone needs to be heard and listened too at all times?

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

One of the reasons I wouldn't entertain Ramstrust..just a horrible human being..it's sad that we are stuck with this useless supporters trust..same faces on their 'Board' pretty much since day 1 and they have achieved next to nothing in that time. Its alright saying don't complain and criticise blah blah join and change from within but that will never happen, best thing they could ever do for DCFC fans is disband and let a new fresh inclusive Trust get things done.