Supporters Trust

1of4

43 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the ramstrust statement.

Attendances haven’t increased dramatically despite a rally call from the management, squad and various supporter groups. Is there any initiative here to boost attendances, money is important but so are results and a packed Pride Park brings a 12th man?

The issue here is that higher attendances cost the club more in running costs (stewarding etc.), so this would actually have a negative effect on club finances if they give away free tickets.

Who mentioned free tickets?
Just the availability to collect tickets a couple of hours before kick off would be a start!

Sometimes you just have to shake your head in disbelief at the situation regards ticketing…..cash flow lads, cash flow!

I guess the statement “money is important BUT……..” sort of implies some kind of discount to boost the crowd.

23 hours ago, angieram said:

@TheSlate why are you giving me angry reactions to my posts? 

I am just reporting facts and information from Rams Trust. I have joined them as I feel more people need to get involved to help our club, now and in future.

If you've got a problem with that, say what it is.

Do we have DMs on here?

On 05/10/2021 at 10:35, angieram said:

No, it's a newly formed group on Twitter formed by fourteen people. Their aim is to bring all the other supporters groups together. So far their activity and reporting has mainly been through Twitter. It's been very quick but you'd have to be on Twitter to follow them, I think.

Rams Trust is the formally constituted "supporter trust" recognised by the Football Supporters Association and has over 1,000 members. That's still a tiny amount of the DCFC fanbase and there are lots of other groups out there with varying degrees of membership and accountability. Rams Trust are trying hard to improve both their membership base and their social media presence, with some recent success I feel. I've joined them and hoping to get more involved.

Punjabi Rams have a big membership and are very active on Twitter and with campaigns, fundraising etc.

They are the groups I am involved with, but there is also the local supporters club network, who are represented, plus Nick Flagman and a few others.

I think all the different groups are working hard to get information out and keep supporters informed. There's a place for them all. 

Thanks for information angieram, I think that it would help if there were less groups involved. It must difficult enough as it is, for the administrators, without having to deal with groups consisting of relatively small numbers and potentially personal agendas.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Thanks for information angieram, I think that it would help if there were less groups involved. It must difficult enough as it is, for the administrators, without having to deal with groups consisting of relatively small numbers and potentially personal agendas.

That's a tough one and I think it's hard to say to people that they can't form a new group. We are a free society! 

In the world of social media things move quickly, for example DCFC fans has thousands of subscribers and many more viewers. But it isn't constituted to be democratic (nor should it be!) 

However, groups that are governed by a constitution, like Rams Trust, aren't always as able to get a quick response from their members. So they have to try and represent as best they can. Although since I joined I am pretty impressed with their information flow - to their members, at least.

I'd say similar for the local Supporters Clubs, many of whom don't meet regularly, made worse during covid.

The groups do seem to be working well together at the moment and long may it continue. This isn't a time for bickering amongst ourselves.

On 06/10/2021 at 12:57, angieram said:

In the world of social media things move quickly, for example DCFC fans has thousands of subscribers and many more viewers. But it isn't constituted to be democratic (nor should it be!) 

Updated Google Analytics and member numbers, for those that are interested. It's been kinda busy!

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.46.37.png

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.46.58.png

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.48.03.png

9 hours ago, David said:

Updated Google Analytics and member numbers, for those that are interested. It's been kinda busy!

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.46.37.png

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.46.58.png

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 14.48.03.png

David please what is the difference between page views and unique page views? And the time on page seems really low - or does each time we actively look to see if any update on the current news and instead see a cheese pun/amortisation discussion and go again sharpish count if have page open but inactive? Sorry not used to online marketing type figures. Thanks

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

David please what is the difference between page views and unique page views? And the time on page seems really low - or does each time we actively look to see if any update on the current news and instead see a cheese pun/amortisation discussion and go again sharpish count if have page open but inactive? Sorry not used to online marketing type figures. Thanks

SmartSelect_20211010-025500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9470cf1eb3dd08ae1a0a16c05e0051e9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The questions all seem reasonable. I’m not sure they’ll get much response other than banal platitudes mind (not least because answering any of them truthfully or constructively would paint the EFL and their stupid rules in a pretty bad light).

Edited by LazloW

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

The questions all seem reasonable. I’m not sure they’ll get much response other than banal platitudes mind (not least because answering any of them truthfully or constructively would paint the EFL and their stupid rules in a pretty bad light).

Don’t think the key issue has been identified in the questions. We are in administration because it became clear to MM that otherwise the EFL would force him to continue to pour cash into the abyss by delaying resolution of the ffp dispute. It appears likely that animosity between MM and other owners is the cause of this delay, because of the influence those owners have over EFL process. Is it not an abomination for a regulator to allow itself to be used in this way ??

Edited by kevinhectoring