Supporters Trust

1of4

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I imagine it's no different to someone subscribing to The Athletic and then copy and pasting their articles on here for all to read for free? Pay your £2 and get them direct. #COYR

Normally I would agree, but this is slightly more important and bigger than a general article about football. 
Ramstrust say they want to represent the fan base but they won’t communicate with them all. 
it says a lot that Punjabi Rams (another membership driven organisation) are much more visible and better at communicating with the fan base than RT are. 

All that the report conveys is the same EFL stance regarding DCFC that was conveyed in the EFL's meeting in July with the FSA (Football Supporters Association). The EFL meets reps from supporter groups across the divisions, twice a year.

The meeting notes from that latest one have just been published, read here:

tps://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-reps-meet-efl-executives-july-2021/

Interestingly, the two clubs represented from the Championship were DCFC and Reading FC.

Credit to Pav from Punjabi Rams for putting the DCFC case. He clearly took on the EFL about the never-ending disciplinary proceedings, EFL attitude against Derby, the unfairness of the Derby <> Wycombe fixture-swap fiasco - but got told that no vendetta was proven, the EFL were transparent, they didn't control the duration of hearings, have to uphold rules, and blahh.

Pav achieved pretty much the same as what Birch recently dribbled out during the recent Ed Dawes interview and the podcast(s) - and he no doubt felt the same frustrations.

We will have to see how the DCFC Administrators marshall the facts, and stress the prolonged 'silent' punishments already inflicted by the timescale and EFL actions - like how the EFL unfairly applied their ' professional standing' and later, 'experienced players' squad  size rules to limit DCFC player recruitment/retention this summer - to help mitigate against further multiple penalties.

Edited by Woodypecker

15 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

All that the report conveys is the same EFL stance regarding DCFC that was conveyed in the EFL's meeting in July with the FSA (Football Supporters Association). The EFL meets reps from supporter groups across the divisions, twice a year.

The meeting notes from that latest one have just been published, read here:

tps://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-reps-meet-efl-executives-july-2021/

Interestingly, the two clubs represented from the Championship were DCFC and Reading FC.

Credit to Pav from Punjabi Rams for putting the DCFC case. He clearly took on the EFL about the never-ending disciplinary proceedings, EFL attitude against Derby, the unfairness of the Derby <> Wycombe fixture-swap fiasco - but got told that no vendetta was proven, the EFL were transparent, they didn't control the duration of hearings, have to uphold rules, and blahh.

Pav achieved pretty much the same as what Birch recently dribbled out during the recent Ed Dawes interview and the podcast(s) - and he no doubt felt the same frustrations.

We will have to see how the DCFC Administrators marshall the facts, and stress the prolonged 'silent' punishments already inflicted by the timescale and EFL actions - like how the EFL unfairly applied their ' professional standing' and later, 'experienced players' squad  size rules to limit DCFC player recruitment/retention this summer - to help mitigate against further multiple penalties.

Over two months to publish a simple set of minutes but the EFL are timely! 

There's a lot of Waffle in them, and hiding behind contracts, which they themselves were responsible for.

I know Rams Trust pushed the EFL hard too on the time issue. But the EFL not committing to a quick resolution. 

Yes, the EFL is not the only place where things move slowly!

In a way, should clubs and EFL put time constraints on the duration of disciplinary proceedings (nigh-on impossible, I concede, due to lawyers!) then it would mean other 'punished' clubs in the future enjoy quicker resolution - when I'd want them to endure the same torture, out of sheer spite!

The spotlight is gradually turning to overall game governance and the turnover-spend crisis in the Championship - are Parry & Birch man enough to tackle that, or will they just continue to hide behind their rules?

Thanks @angieramfor the link, IMO the 2 obvious challenges on the responses are: how do other clubs meet covid requirements but also pay at the gate? This wasn't addressed,  is it local council policy for granting the license to operate so we can petition for a change?

And why when leaving details for a restaurant booking for instance, only adults need to provide contact info (fan ID equivalent) but we have to for children, creatingthe need for a unique pointless email for additional ID's? As I feel this is causing significant barriers to families bringing their children, historically my daughter's fan ID is linked to my own email and I've not been asked to amend it even despite her now being a young adult.....

7 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Thanks @angieramfor the link, IMO the 2 obvious challenges on the responses are: how do other clubs meet covid requirements but also pay at the gate? This wasn't addressed,  is it local council policy for granting the license to operate so we can petition for a change?

And why when leaving details for a restaurant booking for instance, only adults need to provide contact info (fan ID equivalent) but we have to for children, creatingthe need for a unique pointless email for additional ID's? As I feel this is causing significant barriers to families bringing their children, historically my daughter's fan ID is linked to my own email and I've not been asked to amend it even despite her now being a young adult.....

Entirely agree. It was my question on the ticket IDs that got asked & not convinced by the 'Covid restrictions' answer when like you say, you don't have to do the same for restaurants/hotels etc. Probably needs challenging further in terms of what the specific provision is & who is setting it. My point about casual fans was that the current system doesnt lend itself well to bringing a non-Derby supporting mate or a child without loads of admin. This will be putting some folk off & will limit us to committed fans. A key mantra of successful businesses is to make buying what you are selling the easiest process possible...

As an aside, would encourage members to join RT to be able to a) pose questions & b) hear directly from their meetings with the administrators. Sounds like they will be meeting them regularly over the coming weeks?

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Entirely agree. It was my question on the ticket IDs that got asked & not convinced by the 'Covid restrictions' answer when like you say, you don't have to do the same for restaurants/hotels etc. Probably needs challenging further in terms of what the specific provision is & who is setting it. My point about casual fans was that the current system doesnt lend itself well to bringing a non-Derby supporting mate or a child without loads of admin. This will be putting some folk off & will limit us to committed fans. A key mantra of successful businesses is to make buying what you are selling the easiest process possible...

As an aside, would encourage members to join RT to be able to a) pose questions & b) hear directly from their meetings with the administrators. Sounds like they will be meeting them regularly over the coming weeks?

There’s other groups their as well, some even posted reports during the meeting I think?

Just now, Boycie said:

There’s other groups their as well, some even posted reports during the meeting I think?

Yep Black & White Together were there too & I follow them also. Not sure it they cast for questions before the meeting though...didnt catch their tweets beforehand. RT got an email chain with bit more detail on there that BWT obviously limited with given they largely operate on Twitter (that I've seen)

Room for all groups & no factionalism though. We're all Derby ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

19 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I noticed that the administrators have been in touch with the supporters group, 'Black and White Together'.

Is this group part of the supporters trust?

No, it's a newly formed group on Twitter formed by fourteen people. Their aim is to bring all the other supporters groups together. So far their activity and reporting has mainly been through Twitter. It's been very quick but you'd have to be on Twitter to follow them, I think.

Rams Trust is the formally constituted "supporter trust" recognised by the Football Supporters Association and has over 1,000 members. That's still a tiny amount of the DCFC fanbase and there are lots of other groups out there with varying degrees of membership and accountability. Rams Trust are trying hard to improve both their membership base and their social media presence, with some recent success I feel. I've joined them and hoping to get more involved.

Punjabi Rams have a big membership and are very active on Twitter and with campaigns, fundraising etc.

They are the groups I am involved with, but there is also the local supporters club network, who are represented, plus Nick Flagman and a few others.

I think all the different groups are working hard to get information out and keep supporters informed. There's a place for them all. 

Pinched from the ramstrust statement.

Attendances haven’t increased dramatically despite a rally call from the management, squad and various supporter groups. Is there any initiative here to boost attendances, money is important but so are results and a packed Pride Park brings a 12th man?

The issue here is that higher attendances cost the club more in running costs (stewarding etc.), so this would actually have a negative effect on club finances if they give away free tickets.

Who mentioned free tickets?
Just the availability to collect tickets a couple of hours before kick off would be a start!

Sometimes you just have to shake your head in disbelief at the situation regards ticketing…..cash flow lads, cash flow!

8 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the ramstrust statement.

Attendances haven’t increased dramatically despite a rally call from the management, squad and various supporter groups. Is there any initiative here to boost attendances, money is important but so are results and a packed Pride Park brings a 12th man?

The issue here is that higher attendances cost the club more in running costs (stewarding etc.), so this would actually have a negative effect on club finances if they give away free tickets.

Who mentioned free tickets?
Just the availability to collect tickets a couple of hours before kick off would be a start!

Sometimes you just have to shake your head in disbelief at the situation regards ticketing…..cash flow lads, cash flow!

I imagine the RT statement excluded examples of initiates mentioned during the meeting. Free tickets likely would have been one of them as it means more people buying food/drink in the concourse which could boost revenue.
Administrators likely responded with the bit in bold, increased costs outweighing increased revenue

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine the RT statement excluded examples of initiates mentioned during the meeting. Free tickets likely would have been one of them as it means more people buying food/drink in the concourse which could boost revenue.
Administrators likely responded with the bit in bold, increased costs outweighing increased revenue

That's right, that's how the question was phrased.