Players asked to defer wages

Gringo

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Deferral is different to being late. Presumably there are required steps to take, not least approval from the players themselves and the EFL before actually implementing a deferral.

I understand that, but it's a very big "if" when it comes to the EFL greenlighting that.

Even to a perfectly reasonable sporting body, it's at the very least a cute workaround to whatever the definition of late is. At the end of the day, we're not paying the wages when we said we would do.

I don’t like it. 

The players should be free to say no, without punishment. Some players can afford a deferral more than others.

If a life long Derby County fan with 100s of millions in the bank can’t be arsed to sacrifice for the club then why should the players?

I’m a Derby fan and I would be saying get me my money or allow me to walk. There is absolutely no certainty this deferral will ever be paid. Are we not just delaying the obvious? 

The ever reliable Sun,why should they defer payment,if we can't afford to pay the wages then we really are in a terrible situation,what happens if the club don't get a new owner the wages then become lost. I would imagine the PFA will get involved and advise them not to.

It's one thing playing your guts out to try and overcome the 12 point penalty but it's something else when you are being asked to do it for Two Thirds of your agreed contract. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t like it. 

The players should be free to say no, without punishment. Some players can afford a deferral more than others.

If a life long Derby County fan with 100s of millions in the bank can’t be arsed to sacrifice for the club then why should the players?

I’m a Derby fan and I would be saying get me my money or allow me to walk. There is absolutely no certainty this deferral will ever be paid. Are we not just delaying the obvious? 

Surely if the club can't afford to pay the wages at the end of this month then we must be trading while insolvent,a case for liquidation.

Players taking pay cuts.

working people losing their jobs.

fans in distress as they see their club go up in flames.

all the while Mel bails out wiping his arse with £50 notes…

an absolute disgrace, I hope he never gets to step foot in pride park ever again. 

I couldn’t care less how much money he’s spent… Mel Morris will go down as my most hated person to do with Derby County! 

And I witnessed Nigel Pearson as manager and Mikkel Beck play so that’s saying something! 

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Players taking pay cuts.

working people losing their jobs.

fans in distress as they see their club go up in flames.

all the while Mel bails out wiping his arse with £50 notes…

an absolute disgrace, I hope he never gets to step foot in pride park ever again. 

I couldn’t care less how much money he’s spent… Mel Morris will go down as my most hated person to do with Derby County! 

And I witnessed Nigel Pearson as manager and Mikkel Beck play so that’s saying something! 

If were a lame horse we would have been put down by now.

Gone from a promise to bankroll the club as necessary, to administration, to not paying the players. We are going to break Lutons 30 point deduction record a this rate.

I dont hold much respect for a tabloid article but I've been wrong on Mel so much I don't know what to think.

At least cover your bills Mel. How many times are the fans and Rooney going to get spat on? 

Must be COVID ..

Edited by spondon_ram

2 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Doesn't say that,it says salaries will be a top priority which was a quote from MM. That is not saying they are going to pay them

If wages aren’t paid the 3 points doesn’t matter one jot. It’s breach of contract so pretty certain the players can leave and be free agents. They wouldn’t necessarily get another job elsewhere but it would mean we’d have neither their playing skills or their asset value. 

That’s the end of the line