Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

Alternatives to that's a great question,

"I've given that question a lot of thought..."

"I haven't thought about it from that perspective. ... 

"I'm so excited that you asked that!"

"We love that question around here, and here's why..."

"This question keeps us up at night, too."

"That's a very timely question because..."

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wayne Rooney stating what most of us on here already know that Mel Morris is a scumbag.

Never ever been sure about him from the time he went into the dressing room under Clement.

Whatever points deductions are coming, take them all now.

Barring a miracle, league one is inevitable. We don't want any more points deductions when we are there.

First thing any new owner needs to do is give Rooney a new deal and tell him to take us back up.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I doubt anyone at the club will have any say in how many more point deductions are coming our way, or when they/it happen(s).

If EFL want to play the waiting game, and see how we do in our endeavours to claw back the 12 point deficit during this 21/22 season, before deciding what action to take next, and when, I am 100% certain they will.

Covid is still out there, and still a favourite with many, who are looking for "any excuse" for slowing down any procedures!  Not that they need an excuse, as it's their playground!
Personally, I'll be amazed if we don't get hit with a points deduction during 22/23 season, regardless of what division we are in by then... that's assuming Derby County are still a thing, of course!

"Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Rooney said he finds it disrespectful that Morris hasn't got in contact with him to explain Derby's situation.

He claims he has tried to phone him, but no one has answered. He added he rang Morris from the team doctor's phone, to which he picked up." WTF?

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Will MM issue a release to correct the "inaccurate facts" think we will be waiting a long time,seems he really hates being called out. "I didn't avoid his calls,the battery on my phone just happened to have run out at those times". When were his calls again"?

Or correct the “inaccurate facts” on why we are in administration?!

Edited by BramcoteRam84

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He claims he has tried to phone him, but no one has answered. He added he rang Morris from the team doctor's phone, to which he picked up." WTF?

Where is that info from? 

I know it's from the article but where have they got it from?

I didn't hear any of that in today's press conference and they haven't quoted it

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Alternatives to that's a great question,

"I've given that question a lot of thought..."

"I haven't thought about it from that perspective. ... 

"I'm so excited that you asked that!"

"We love that question around here, and here's why..."

"This question keeps us up at night, too."

"That's a very timely question because..."

Or ..

"I'm hating this so much, I'm like a rabbit caught in headlights and I'm really hoping you don't ask me difficult questions, can we be friends"

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wayne Rooney stating what most of us on here already know that Mel Morris is a scumbag.

Never ever been sure about him from the time he went into the dressing room under Clement.

Whatever points deductions are coming, take them all now.

Barring a miracle, league one is inevitable. We don't want any more points deductions when we are there.

First thing any new owner needs to do is give Rooney a new deal and tell him to take us back up.

Trevor Birch's comments 'hope it's all dealt with this season'

Glad he was honest, but also dismayed that it just puts us back in the national news yet again. Gives the media their little soundbites to smear the club's name with.

Firmly in Camp Rooney, but let's avoid a public bickering between Mel and Wayne.

Suspect what he said is for the benefit of the players, club staff and fans because that's who he's trying to stick up for.

But like I said, we don't need it. Rooney says one thing, Mel denies it. We'll never know the truth, let's move on.