Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, tell me what you are doing then? Every positive or even undecided post, you are responding with another criticism. Not just on this thread, but all over the Board. Not just today but over months and months.

I'm not surprised you disagree with me, because I try to wait for facts before I rush to judgement. I can only judge what is in front of me. What is in front of me for you,  is a string of very negative posts based on nothing in particular, that just further adds to the feeding frenzy. 

I get you're worried, I am worried, the worst may happen. But it might not. There'll be bad stuff to come, there might be some good stuff, I don't know.

Anyway, I will put you on ignore now, it will be better for you and for me. 

Proud moment on ignore from a mod.   How many more facts do you need to see?

Yes I've been going on for ages because I was worried where he was taking us and received a fair amount of criticism for saying so.  You and others were not and I wont forget being accused of not being right minded. 

I even sent you a PM about a shirt auction because I knew you had expressed an interest in the past.  

I have always tried to treat everybody's comments with respect even if I wholeheartedly disagreed with the stance and I won't apologize for having my own views

Mostly, over the last few seasons Derby have competed at the top of the Championship consistently, which is an incredibly tough thing to do. We have been in the playoffs more than any other team. But for a few sliding doors moments, we would have been in the Premier League. 

Mel has also created a Premier League class academy. We should have won the FA Youth Cup but we did win the English youth league and made impressive progress in the Champions League equivalent.

Football is broken and the rules are written so that you're not allowed to spend money to buy success nowadays, but fans want success so on the whole they're OK with an owner who tries to find a way around the rules to reach the promised land of the Premier League. Almost every Championship club that gets there has had to break the rules to do so, but because they have escaped EFL jurisdiction in the process, they can get away with it. 

Something went wrong. Maybe it's simply funding too many campaigns to reaching the playoffs, but not getting over the line, and the EFL then catches up with you? Or maybe it's Mel's health and he has been forced to prioritize that and his family above the club? Or maybe it's something else again? It's very hard to understand from the outside looking in, and I think we're currently in the middle of the storm, but I won't judge Mel until the situation has become clearer, which might not be for quite a long time yet. 

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Proud moment on ignore from a mod.   How many more facts do you need to see?

Yes I've been going on for ages because I was worried where he was taking us and received a fair amount of criticism for saying so.  You and others were not and I wont forget being accused of not being right minded. 

I even sent you a PM about a shirt auction because I knew you had expressed an interest in the past.  

I have always tried to treat everybody's comments with respect even if I wholeheartedly disagreed with the stance and I won't apologize for having my own views

If you can't criticise Mel at this point when can you criticise him i say. I dont think you have even been that negative. Its not particularly easy to be all sunshine and rainbows with the position we now find ourselves in.

Not sure why you are being accused of making judgements without all the facts when we have more than enough information out in the open at this point. We're about to go into administration for gods sake!

I have friends who were suspicious of Mel whilst I was supporting him. They would argue their point and I'd dismiss it. I thought we had a local multimillionaire who was making the EFL look stupid ?

I started to turn slightly when Rooney signed... not because of Rooney (I was delighted) but the fact that Mel was in the photos. How many other owners are we familiar with their appearance? All the ones I can think of are Ashley, Abramovic and Delia Smith! I wouldn't even recognise the bloke at Man City and haven't got a clue what the Glaziers look like. 

That is when I began to be open to this being a vanity project. Since then it's gone from bad to worse as we all know and I'm now embarrassed to have ever considered him "one of our own".

I'm too young to remember Maxwell given I was born whilst we were in the third division but of all the owners that have come and gone since, Mel is by far the worst and I can not wait for him to be gone.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I mean in the interview to my ears he made it sound as if admin is a good thing for Derby since it will somehow force a buyer to move and then we can go again

That is literally the most positive way you could view going into admin and the knock on effect it has on people's jobs, businesses and lives. 

Going into admin doesn't help him sell the club to anyone decent. It puts the vultures on alert. 

What are we hoping here that Robin Hood thinks I need to pump tens of millions into that club because lifelong Derby fan doesn't want to? 

Sounds unlikely. 

What's the best outcome for us? That the EFL relax the fit and proper persons rules and allow Alonso and his shady mates in? Great. 

Or that out of all the people in the world that have tens and tens of millions in the bank one takes pity on us? 

It's possible I'm being thick in my conclusion but for a man who gambled a chunk of his personal wealth and lost it seems he's not learned and is now gambling again. But this time the club is on the line. 

Now I've helped ruin the positives thread ffs

Nice to have you back @Alpha. Stick around a bit for me.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

It's clear that you have only started this thread so you can have more pops at Mel Morris.

Weren't there enough threads for you to do this in already?

The  big question is can there ever be enough threads for us to express our anger and loathing towards the man who has left the club in peril of no longer existing 

I doubt he will show his face around Derby any time soon if ever.

He will go down in history as the bafoon who took the club into ruin.

There is no malice involved like the three amigos. It's just sheer naivety, mismanagement and stupidity.

That will be his legacy. 

If it was me who had done that to this club I would be beside myself.