Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean in the interview to my ears he made it sound as if admin is a good thing for Derby since it will somehow force a buyer to move and then we can go again

That is literally the most positive way you could view going into admin and the knock on effect it has on people's jobs, businesses and lives. 

Going into admin doesn't help him sell the club to anyone decent. It puts the vultures on alert. 

What are we hoping here that Robin Hood thinks I need to pump tens of millions into that club because lifelong Derby fan doesn't want to? 

Sounds unlikely. 

What's the best outcome for us? That the EFL relax the fit and proper persons rules and allow Alonso and his shady mates in? Great. 

Or that out of all the people in the world that have tens and tens of millions in the bank one takes pity on us? 

It's possible I'm being thick in my conclusion but for a man who gambled a chunk of his personal wealth and lost it seems he's not learned and is now gambling again. But this time the club is on the line. 

Now I've helped ruin the positives thread ffs

That's pretty much my take with what is going off here and in his own way I think he might be doing because he thinks it the best for the club because the "reward" here is actually potentially pretty high in terms of our relative position. Theoretically it could force a buyer to the table ASAP to essentially get in ahead of going into adminstration, if that happens they could choose to wipe out the debts entirely solving the financial issues, with new owners at the helm it probably leads to an easing of tensions with the EFL with us perhaps getting off lighter than under MM and if that happens our position in the championship looks more stable.

I think that's the gamble; he's bet the club on an outcome where we become a financially stable club in the championship with issues with the EFL settled.

Edited by brady1993

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Why did people give you grief for that? 

I can't stop thinking the worst and that sounds like the most positive thing that could happen? 

I recall saying that it may flush out buyers who were otherwise waiting for a better time to buy, now there is real motivation to get a deal done because after the admin is in we look a lot worse.  Much now depends whether Morris leaves the admin as long as possible, surely he can give is until the end of next week?

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

That's pretty much my take with what is going off here and in his own way I think he might be doing because he thinks it the best for the club because the "reward" here is actually potentially pretty high in terms of our relative position. Theoretically it could force a buyer to the table ASAP to essentially get in ahead of going into adminstration, if that happens they could choose to wipe out the debts entirely solving the financial issues, with new owners at the help it probably leads to an easing of tensions with the EFL with us perhaps getting off lighter than under MM and if that happens our position in the championship looks more stable.

I think that's the gamble; he's bet the club on an outcome where we become a financially stable club in the championship with issues with the EFL settled.

trouble is Morris history of gambling on our club's future is very poor

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

perhaps the anti Morris lot saw it as a support for his actions?

Ah, yeah I see the angle. 

But in truth it's the best possible outcome but if it happened i wouldn't say it was nicely played by Mel.

I'd say what a mental gamble and now it's paid off you need to run for the hills before anyone can change their minds

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Why did people give you grief for that? 

I can't stop thinking the worst and that sounds like the most positive thing that could happen? 

deluded apparently, everyone was a little bit raw, you gave to have hope in life

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ah, yeah I see the angle. 

But in truth it's the best possible outcome but if it happened i wouldn't say it was nicely played by Mel.

I'd say what a mental gamble and now it's paid off you need to run for the hills before anyone can change their minds

It shouldn't but I think there is a chance that if it comes off that some of the fan base warm back up to him alongside he gets to reinforce that mental picture that he's built of always doing what's best for the club.

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I disagree with you once again.  You have your mind set on me, so be it.

Well, tell me what you are doing then? Every positive or even undecided post, you are responding with another criticism. Not just on this thread, but all over the Board. Not just today but over months and months.

I'm not surprised you disagree with me, because I try to wait for facts before I rush to judgement. I can only judge what is in front of me. What is in front of me for you,  is a string of very negative posts based on nothing in particular, that just further adds to the feeding frenzy. 

I get you're worried, I am worried, the worst may happen. But it might not. There'll be bad stuff to come, there might be some good stuff, I don't know.

Anyway, I will put you on ignore now, it will be better for you and for me. 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It shouldn't but I think there is a chance that if it comes off that some of the fan base warm back up to him alongside he gets to reinforce that mental picture that he's built of always doing what's best for the club.

I think I'd just think "phew".

You're happy-ish, we're happy-ish and now let's meet up for a beer never again. 

Even if that's an educated gamble it's still a gamble with something that may be his to gamble with but we all have invested in it. 

Good luck and goodbye would be the best attitude I think. Let's never talk about this historic mess again. 

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Personally think Mel is correct on his covid argumement and the tv rights .This has obviously upset a few big fish in the efl , which has also meant he wasnt liked and watched closely he didnt want to tow the line and they dont want to be told what to do . His biggest plus is why no accountant on the 2nd independant panel , neither radio Derby or any newspapers are reporting this as odd behaviour from the efl . As it does look very much like a stitch up . His downfall is the stadium sale although tech legal it was legally cheating and losing far to much money on players and managers the club could afford . So he has gambled at the clubs livelihoods expense .A gamble that can lead to liquidation whichever way you look at it that puts mel on a par with Maxwell . Sorry to say i liked Mel but on quite a few occasions he has gambled to much or thought he was to clever . You need a safer pair of hands on the tiller even if that makes for mundane transfer windows and football . 

Worse, at least he wasn't the cause of liquidation and we had enough on field assets to break two British transfer fees, to allow him to bugger off.

Mel Morris is often described as a businessman but I don't think that is quite right; he is an entrepreneur in the purest form.

Entrepreneurs achieve great things and I admire them for that, but in general, they also struggle to see where the corporate cliff edge is. Their drive to succeed and burning belief in themselves can form huge blindspots and I am convinced that is why we are where we are.

This 'project' was going to end either with Derby pushing for the Premier League top six or a car crash.

Sadly, it's the latter and the flashing blue lights are gathering.

Edited by StarterForTen