Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I may be one of the only people who listened to the radio Derby interview and thought, there's still a chance Mel knows what he is doing. It's a long hard road, but he knows it will end up 'ok'.

That isn't positive, more deluded optimism, but that is all I have.

I’m also in that camp. Until we all the information which should be revealed in due course it’s hard to know what the outcome will be. Many posters have already decided we will be liquidated, Mel has already been hung drawn and quartered without a trial. He is now being referred to as “Morris” which is the usual form when someone has been convicted. I would rather get behind the team and deal with any recriminations later if needed.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I may be one of the only people who listened to the radio Derby interview and thought, there's still a chance Mel knows what he is doing. It's a long hard road, but he knows it will end up 'ok'.

That isn't positive, more deluded optimism, but that is all I have.

Nope im a bit in that camp , you never know whats being discussed that cant be discussed . But it will come out in the wash wont it , all we can do now is wait for the required time to lapse and see what leaks out over time . 

There could be gentlemans ageements in place already with someone you never know . 

My points deduction im expecting though is -12 for admin and -4 for the 4 million loss .The -4 being implemented this year or next whenever those poor little efl chiefs decide to hit us some more . If we get more than a total of -16 i will be a little shocked i must admit . 

Edited by NottsRammy

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I’m also in that camp. Until we all the information which should be revealed in due course it’s hard to know what the outcome will be. Many posters have already decided we will be liquidated, Mel has already been hung drawn and quartered without a trial. He is now being referred to as “Morris” which is the usual form when someone has been convicted. I would rather get behind the team and deal with any recriminations later if needed.

do you not think entering admin is evidence of a guilty verdict?

The positives will be the hope he knows what he is doing, that it draws out a new owner before the year end, and plans he has in place like separating the ground and academy were wise moves. The negatives get bigger each day. If players like Bielik, Jozwiak and Lawrence walk away on 1 January for no fee, to get their wages off the books, then he's the pariah most paint him as.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he could be the new owner. We know he has the funds! It does happen.

Ask again in three months.

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I think putting Derby in administration is just risking the clubs future. Unless his health is so bad or he has lost his fortune, I cant see the rationale. The club could seriously go out of business and the finances appear to be shocking. I agree with a lot of what he says about football is broken, covid, EFL vendetta etc, he makes good points but it doesn’t explain why we have been getting into crazy amounts of debt over a long period of time. 
We came close to going up and it’s fine margins but when the figures quoted seem to be multi millions in terms of debt, it’s worse than anyone could have imagined. 

5 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

The positives will be the hope he knows what he is doing, that it draws out a new owner before the year end, and plans he has in place like separating the ground and academy were wise moves. The negatives get bigger each day. If players like Bielik, Jozwiak and Lawrence walk away on 1 January for no fee, to get their wages off the books, then he's the pariah most paint him as.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he could be the new owner. We know he has the funds! It does happen.

Ask again in three months.

I hope it draws out a buyer before we appoint admin, then we can appeal for an extension to the intention filing meaning we can get to January with a new owner and no 12 point penalty

I mean in the interview to my ears he made it sound as if admin is a good thing for Derby since it will somehow force a buyer to move and then we can go again

That is literally the most positive way you could view going into admin and the knock on effect it has on people's jobs, businesses and lives. 

Going into admin doesn't help him sell the club to anyone decent. It puts the vultures on alert. 

What are we hoping here that Robin Hood thinks I need to pump tens of millions into that club because lifelong Derby fan doesn't want to? 

Sounds unlikely. 

What's the best outcome for us? That the EFL relax the fit and proper persons rules and allow Alonso and his shady mates in? Great. 

Or that out of all the people in the world that have tens and tens of millions in the bank one takes pity on us? 

It's possible I'm being thick in my conclusion but for a man who gambled a chunk of his personal wealth and lost it seems he's not learned and is now gambling again. But this time the club is on the line. 

Now I've helped ruin the positives thread ffs

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The academy... at least for now

That's the irony of his situation; the thing that is arguably his biggest achievement, the thing he said he wanted to build around and the thing he always points to as a positive ...will be the first thing to go on the scrap heap when the adminstrators get their teeth in.

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm afraid all that does is to kick the problem down the road for a while.

Derby County is broken, and Mel is the person solely responsible for breaking it. 

Firstly, I don’t really think we’d get away with it or even attempt to. I’m just clutching at straws, but, if it did happen, how wouldn’t it help?

I agree it’s not going to prevent what might happen in terms of fire sale/administration but if, for argument sake, the EFL did agree that the club going into administration was due to force majeure and didn’t impose the 12 point penalty, it could mean the difference between relegation and staying up. We’d still be in a mess but slightly less of one and a little more attractive to any potential buyer.

I would emphasise again that I really don’t think it would happen so, no need for anyone to ridicule the concept. I’ve already dismissed it.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Firstly, I don’t really think we’d get away with it or even attempt to. I’m just clutching at straws, but, if it did happen, how wouldn’t it help?

I agree it’s not going to prevent what might happen in terms of fire sale/administration but if, for argument sake, the EFL did agree that the club going into administration was due to force majeure and didn’t impose the 12 point penalty, it could mean the difference between relegation and staying up. We’d still be in a mess but slightly less of one and a little more attractive to any potential buyer.

I would emphasise again that I really don’t think it would happen so, no need for anyone to ridicule the concept. I’ve already dismissed it.

I am also clutching on this particular straw