Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

The more that's coming out, the more I despise this man

What’s come out? I think the black weekend   Of 17 September was as bad as it’s been. The prospect of administration ,12 point deduction. And Mel admitting we had broken FFP rules up to 2017/18 and probably beyond was as bad as it’s got so far. 

both those were the opposite of what he and Pearce told us so trust went overboard then. 

but not aware of anything coming out since.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

What’s come out? I think the black weekend   Of 17 September was as bad as it’s been. The prospect of administration ,12 point deduction. And Mel admitting we had broken FFP rules up to 2017/18 and probably beyond was as bad as it’s got so far. 

both those were the opposite of what he and Pearce told us so trust went overboard then. 

but not aware of anything coming out since.

It's an accumulation of things I keep hearing about, some of which you have mentioned.

Give Mel some slack he did what he thought was best for the RAMS yes it hasn't worked out  but its easy to be wise after the event.

Everyone makes mistakes in buisness but he made his with the club he supports at heart , if he hadn't been a RAM perhaps his judgement would have been far better.

I'll shake his hand the next time I see him.

38 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Give Mel some slack he did what he thought was best for the RAMS yes it hasn't worked out  but its easy to be wise after the event.

Everyone makes mistakes in buisness but he made his with the club he supports at heart , if he hadn't been a RAM perhaps his judgement would have been far better.

What he did was beyond reckless, we will hopefully be lucky and someone might just buy an insolvent business...............  No slack from me, he gambled and gambled with everything he could, breaking FFP & running so much debt up its unreal.  I may review this if he leaves the club in the same state he bought it in!!!!

What true fan sods off with the prized assets after running up a shed load of debt?

55 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Shake his hand? wow...lol....he has taken us into administration and owes the HMRC a few bob lets say....total and utter incompetence....give him some slack??? he was supposed to look after our club we thought we were in safe hands ....couldn't have made a worse job of running our club if he tried.....or perhaps you can think of something else which is worse that he could've done ....I can't

19 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I'm now of the opinion that if Derby went pop and ceased to exist, some on here would still defend Morris!!!! 

chris jericho what GIF by CBC  

Mel Morris's running (backwards) of the club is 100% the cause of our current problems. I for one, without defending him, will give him until the matter is 100% concluded before crucifying him however. For now, he's not the messiah but he has been a very naughty boy.

monty python GIF

19 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I'm now of the opinion that if Derby went pop and ceased to exist, some on here would still defend Morris!!!! 

chris jericho what GIF by CBC  

I think most of us simply accept that none of things he has done or decisions he has made, leading us to the perilous position we find ourselves in, we done or made with any kind of malice intended. 

I’m not defending him, he needs to take primary responsibility, but I don’t believe he ever intended to harm the club or line his own pockets.

Just read this article in The Athletic claiming Carlisle Capital made a bid for Derby this summer but Mel rejected it. I haven't heard this before

https://theathletic.com/2891171/2021/10/16/ashley-appleby-mystery-investor-interested-buying-Derby/

If this is true, this paints Mel in an even worse light. The rationale for him putting us into administration was seemingly to allow a buyer to step forward but if he had an offer from a credible party to take the club off his hands without incurring a 12 point deduction, I can not understand (if he truly wanted the best for the club) why he didn't accept. 

One small positive is that you'd assume they would come back for another offer now the debts are likely reduced from the summer (as non-HMRC & football unsecured creditors have lost their shirt)

Edited by angieram
Requested by poster.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Just read this article in The Athletic claiming Carlisle Capital made a bid for Derby this summer but Mel rejected it. I haven't heard this before

https://theathletic.com/2891171/2021/10/16/ashley-appleby-mystery-investor-interested-buying-Derby/

If this is true, this paints Mel in an even worse light. The rationale for him putting us into administration was seemingly to allow a buyer to step forward but if he had an offer from a credible party to take the club off his hands without incurring a 12 point deduction, I can not understand (if he truly wanted the best for the club) why he didn't accept. 

Can only assume Carlisle Capital were driving a hard bargain on Mel settling up debts or those debts reducing the cost of buying PP, in which case his refusal to do so & decision to subsequently put the club into administration can only be seen as being in his own interest, not the club's.

One small positive is that you'd assume they would come back for another offer now the debts are likely reduced from the summer (as non-HMRC & football unsecured creditors have lost their shirt)

When you are a lifelong Derby County fan and have invested more in the club than anyone else and have lost more than anyone else in the club and you are ill, you generally do not like losing another £1.5 million per month with no improvement in sight. If you have lost money because of COVID it tends to make matters worse. The vast majority of people in this situation would wish to bail out. Certainly I would bail out. I believe that a few on here would also have had to bail out. Mistakes have been made and we are counting the cost. I supported all of the managerial appointments and most of the signings. We may well be on an even footing by January. We may not. We will see.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

When you are a lifelong Derby County fan and have invested more in the club than anyone else and have lost more than anyone else in the club and you are ill, you generally do not like losing another £1.5 million per month with no improvement in sight. If you have lost money because of COVID it tends to make matters worse. The vast majority of people in this situation would wish to bail out. Certainly I would bail out. I believe that a few on here would also have had to bail out. Mistakes have been made and we are counting the cost. I supported all of the managerial appointments and most of the signings. We may well be on an even footing by January. We may not. We will see.

He gets no sympathy from me.  He is a disgrace

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think most of us simply accept that none of things he has done or decisions he has made, leading us to the perilous position we find ourselves in, we done or made with any kind of malice intended. 

I’m not defending him, he needs to take primary responsibility, but I don’t believe he ever intended to harm the club or line his own pockets.

“Malice intended,” let’s see what happens with the stadium.

30 minutes ago, Rampage said:

OK but surely the bid from Carlisle Capital represented an opportunity for him to bail out?

Instead he's staggered on for a few more weeks before putting us into administration, incurring a 12 point penalty, screwing over a load of small creditors & put the existence of the club under threat.

55 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The administrators have already told us what will happen to the stadium. 

The Administrators are assuming what will happen to the stadium, ultimately Mel is still very much in the driving seat.  If the ground is not included as part of the deal the club is insolvent and will fold.....   They are assuming that Mel will do the right thing, he hasn't exactly got a great track record of being honest with us........

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

He may have had the best interests of the club at heart, but, he has gambled and gambled and run up debts that could send us out of business......

How would you feel if you were one of the small unsecured creditors?  Some of which will most likely go bust, down to this mans actions.  How can he sit on £26M of Income Tax and NI contributions from the employees and not pay them to the inland revenue?  If your stamp is not paid, you have a gap in your NI contributions towards you state pension.  For the players that might not be so important, but the low paid at the club it will be devastating news....

You need to wake up and realise the extend of the damage that this man has done.  He's not personally lost the £200M+ that he claims, if he writes of the soft loans and includes the ground when the sale is done, that could be a possibility.

How did we get in this mess?  Mel was the man he decided to pay too much for average players and tripled the wage bill, at one point the 'players' wage bill was 161% of the total turnover at the club, that is nothing short of reckless......

Edited by RAM1966