Phillip Cocu

Shake n Bake

19 minutes ago, sage said:

Would this mean he gets less compo?

I remember reading that Steve Cooper at Swansea was essentially on gardening leave until his contract was up, and that anyone offering him a job would have to pay Swansea compo as he is still under contract.

I'm guessing we weren't smart enough to do something like that with Cocu and have instead left ourselves liable for a massive payout to him?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I remember reading that Steve Cooper at Swansea was essentially on gardening leave until his contract was up, and that anyone offering him a job would have to pay Swansea compo as he is still under contract.

I'm guessing we weren't smart enough to do something like that with Cocu and have instead left ourselves liable for a massive payout to him?

Apparently he still lives in the area.

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, Sean said:

Wish him the best of luck. Really liked Cocu as a person and wanted it to work out here. I think we all now realise why it wasn't ever plain sailing for him

Totally agree was a gentleman and our first ever foreign coach and think he got a bit of a raw deal here after lampard.

Also departed with some class and didn't demand a big pay off, classy bloke who i really wanted it to happen for....

I still maintain that Knight, Bird and Sibley showed more promise in six months under Cocu compared to the subsequent two years after him.

I’m not sure how he could have succeeded here. Promotion was impossible after that Villa defeat. Even if Cocu had us mid table at the time of his sacking, last season’s relegation was inevitable regardless of who was in charge.

• 1 year later...