Jump to content

Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea


sage
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, alram said:

it is time for proper organised demonstrations against Mel. We will all support the team in the ground but for me we need to make our voices heard and hold him to account, not just a few chants in the ground occasionally.

he has been allowed to get away with murder, it has to be made clear it can't continue as if we sit silent this club WILL NOT EXIST by the end of the season mark my words

What do we want?
Morris out!

When do we wan... oh... he's gone!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two mates are now on about getting season tickets who previously hadn’t considered it. Couple of others have mentioned they will now get to as many games as possible. Hopefully we can get those attendances right up again for the rest of the season to help this team and just to make sure the club gets as much revenue as we can give it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, alram said:

it is time for proper organised demonstrations against Mel. We will all support the team in the ground but for me we need to make our voices heard and hold him to account, not just a few chants in the ground occasionally.

he has been allowed to get away with murder, it has to be made clear it can't continue as if we sit silent this club WILL NOT EXIST by the end of the season mark my words

What on earth would that achieve? He gambled, he lost, he is trying to unload the club. Venting your spleen isn't going to speed up the process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Tickets are non-transferable - the supporter named on the ticket must be attending the match.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-supporters-code-of-conduct

I don't think they'll be employing anyone to check I.Ds, but it doesn't hurt to make people aware. 

I might have done this loads of times, but I couldn't possibly say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't think they'll be employing anyone to check I.Ds, but it doesn't hurt to make people aware. 

I might have done this loads of times, but I couldn't possibly say. 

Where the hell did I say I have ever smuggled my wife in on my grandson's freebie u12 ticket?  Take that bac... oh... erm... oops! 🤓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im there 

taking my 6 yo daughter to her first Derby game.
she doesnt like football and will probably get bored after 5 mins walking from chad but i told her daddy and grandads team are in big trouble and we need to go and cheer them on to make them play better 

shes a bit of monkey and said am i allowed to be naughty and shout.. and when i said as loud as u possibly can her face lit up and said can we go now daddy 

iv never been so proud of my little girl 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As good as selling out the Reading game will be, we need to sell as many season tickets as possible, starting with those who haven't renewed.

If the administrators or club fail to pay players wages this month, another 3 points will be struck off. If we could get back to previous season ticket levels, that income should cover the clubs bills for a couple of months. New owners will not be able to take over for at least 2 months, so this injection of cash would be essential to the running of the club until new owners could inject capital. The administrators or club can't raise money through  player sales until January, so there will be no quick fix that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great campaign - well done all!

Would it not be best to choose a weekend game though? I think you’ve made it much harder to sell out by choosing a mid week game (I know it’s the next home game).

Edited by enachops
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

What on earth would that achieve? He gambled, he lost, he is trying to unload the club. Venting your spleen isn't going to speed up the process.

Personally I do feel like we should be protesting in some way, but more a protest telling Mel to return the club to how he bought it…. Virtually debt free apart from the stadium mortgage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Personally I do feel like we should be protesting in some way, but more a protest telling Mel to return the club to how he bought it…. Virtually debt free apart from the stadium mortgage. 

I could perhaps get behind that idea.

When we were trying to get rid of Maxwell, we absolutely bombarded him with a simple message: "Why won't you sell Derby County for a fair price?" - some of them to his fax machine at MGN, to him in person etc. The publicity and the message was relentless.

I think that Mel will try to extract the highest price he can for Derby County in order to recoup as much of his losses as he can and not, as I thought until recently, to secure the best future he can for the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.