Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

I haven't posted on this forum since March 2020 before Covid hit, however the current situation with my club and this very thread have made me log back in and join in. This is a great chance for us to show our support during what is a really low time in DCFC's history. We generally have great home support as the stats show, but we can send a huge message by filling our ground and making noise non-stop. 

Can we buy tickets if we are non-season ticket holders? I will be there as will my Dad (original Popside Ram from the 1970/71 season), and I'm going to drag my fiancée down who - being a Derby lass - can make her voice heard after a couple of Strongbow and blacks. 

Bring it.

1 minute ago, sawley_ram said:

I haven't posted on this forum since March 2020 before Covid hit, however the current situation with my club and this very thread have made me log back in and join in. This is a great chance for us to show our support during what is a really low time in DCFC's history. We generally have great home support as the stats show, but we can send a huge message by filling our ground and making noise non-stop. 

Can we buy tickets if we are non-season ticket holders? I will be there as will my Dad (original Popside Ram from the 1970/71 season), and I'm going to drag my fiancée down who - being a Derby lass - can make her voice heard after a couple of Strongbow and blacks. 

Bring it.

You will be able to buy some when they are released, hopefully in a day or two.  

I popped into the shop before Saturday’s match & bought some gloves as a Christmas present. £10 I wouldn’t have spent at the club’s shop  if it hadn’t been for this crisis.  Not a great amount but surely it’ll help.

I’ve donated £5 to the running of this forum too. Again a small amount but it must all help. Seems a small price to pay as I get a lot out of this forum even though I’m not a prolific poster. An overdue big thanks to those who run it. (Remember kindness is free & all that).

I can’t bear feeling helpless & agree with others about putting our energies into practical things which will do good. 

For lots of reasons not everyone can go to away matches but there’s something most can do.

someone in another thread mentioned foodbanks. Don’t forget there’s already one organised by the club’s community arm, so if you have a spare tin of beans, drop it there! 

I am already a season ticket holder btw. 

Me and my lad would normally go on our own. When we came back on Saturday, the missus and daughter instantly said they want to go to the next home game. 

We will buy tickets for them two and my gift will go to my mum who struggles to pay for match tickets nowadays. She hasn’t been to a game for over 2 years so she’s really looking forward to it. 

This is a wonderful opportunity for all those clamouring for Wembley tickets a couple of years ago to show that they are true fans are not just glory hunters who wanted to watch Mason Bennett running around a big pitch aimlessly. It is also cheaper than Wembley, nearer and beer in the local pubs doesn't cost £10 a pint. It's win win.

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

This is a wonderful opportunity for all those clamouring for Wembley tickets a couple of years ago to show that they are true fans are not just glory hunters who wanted to watch Mason Bennett running around a big pitch aimlessly. It is also cheaper than Wembley, nearer and beer in the local pubs doesn't cost £10 a pint. It's win win.

1000% this

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

For the sake of your sanity buddy, calm down and try again in a couple of days. I’m sure they’ll be there soon.

Much calmer now .

However I don't feel like expecting all tickets to be available to sort out for people who have had a season ticket paid for for over a year is that silly . Or at least a month's worth especially with season ticket cards being so bloody late.

9 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Much calmer now .

However I don't feel like expecting all tickets to be available to sort out for people who have had a season ticket paid for for over a year is that silly . Or at least a month's worth especially with season ticket cards being so bloody late.

I don’t think you’re being silly just stressing yourself out for no reason. Yes it would be better if our tickets for the entire season were sorted but they’re not. I’m sure us ST holders will be able to reserve our seats by Wednesday or Thursday.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Might be worth sharing this thread on Twitter, @David, @loweman2 and anyone with a reasonably sized Twitter following.

I no longer have a large following on Twitter to share, deleted my account and opened a new one after the abuse I was receiving after the meeting.

Funny enough I was text a tweet where I was accused of knowing administration was all coming, obviously someone hiding behind an anonymous account but that's the internet for you.

I only have 14 followers and the account is protected, so yeah, despite it being a good cause, not prepared to put myself into the firing line once again of fans that platform.

21 minutes ago, David said:

I no longer have a large following on Twitter to share, deleted my account and opened a new one after the abuse I was receiving after the meeting.

Funny enough I was text a tweet where I was accused of knowing administration was all coming, obviously someone hiding behind an anonymous account but that's the internet for you.

I only have 14 followers and the account is protected, so yeah, despite it being a good cause, not prepared to put myself into the firing line once again of fans that platform.

I knew that. I meant the Dcfcfans account, which has nearly 10k followers.

No worries if you’d still rather not put yourself out there again though. How about one of those tweets where the replies are turned off?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Not being negative whatsoever but can you make that comply with Covid rules re track and trace

5 hours ago, sage said:

I don't follow you. Are you talking about the ground being full?

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Don't you have to register any longer with the club to get tickets so that track and trace can be used if needed? or am i looking at it wrong.

5 hours ago, sage said:

I'm pretty sure you can't get pinged at a game, but if a notification does come through, that could be passed on. 

I hate... no, no, really, I do... to join in the pooperisation of this delectable and thoughtful party, but strictly speaking, we can't buy (not allowed) a ticket in our own names, then hand it over to stranger, friend, foe, or alien, however deserving their cause may be perceived.

I guess we can add them as a friend first (assuming they are registered and have a fan ID.
I guess we can also donate the money... in whatever form... to said deserving cause, and trust the recipient to actually spend it as intended.
I guess we can ask for their details (again assuming they are registered) and log in/purchase under that ID.
I guess we can register them on their behalf first, before proceeding with said purchase.
And finally, I guess we can simply rooster a snook at the rules, seeing as there is actually nobody in charge at the club, and those that are there probably don't give a stuff about rules anymore.

Whatever we each decide, and however we approach this little problem, just make sure you can sleep at night!  The pandemic is still out there, and let's face it, there's been enough rule breaking of late, in these here parts!  I'd hate us fans to be tarred with any local brushes, as kind and generous as our hearts may be!

#justsayin'

3. Tickets are non-transferable - the supporter named on the ticket must be attending the match.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-supporters-code-of-conduct

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I knew that. I meant the Dcfcfans account, which has nearly 10k followers.

No worries if you’d still rather not put yourself out there again though. How about one of those tweets where the replies are turned off?

Ahh, to be honest, I haven’t even got the account signed into any of my devices. It’s going to be the same on that I would imagine if I did, not going to give them the satisfaction.