100 days to Save Our Soul

StarterForTen

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

We will see players sold in Jan, but bear in mind that it makes no financial sense to just go "Jason Knight - 100k, Sibley - £200k, Bird- £200k" and get them gone dirt cheap.

Yes it will be low figures, yes we would get more in normal circumstances, but the administrators aren't stupid. We need money now more than ever, we'll get okayish money for them.

They won't sell the whole squad for peanuts, only make a tiny dent in the debt, and then have to fold the club.  They'll work with the footballing people at the club and do their own market research to do the right thing

I don't really know how all of administration works.

If someone comes in and buys the club quickly before January, why would we need to sell players still?

7 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I don't really know how all of administration works.

If someone comes in and buys the club quickly before January, why would we need to sell players still?

If we're no longer in administration and under new ownership before the window, then we *might* not have to, but it'll depend on what the new owners are intending to do and if there's any kind of restrictions (the EFL "Business plan") on them.

If we're still in adminstration, it's fire sale of everyone with value and nothing anyone can do about it, because the club is still bust and administeators are trying to get the creditors some of their money back.

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The idea that we are safe from losing players until January isn't strictly true. If the administrators come in and the DCFC bank account is empty, and we can't find a buyer VERY quickly, then guess what? Asset stripping time. Get players off the books to reduce outgoings by any means necessary. Far worse than losing people for fees (even rubbish fees) in January, we might end up in a position where we are cutting deals to offload players simply to get wages off the books and backfilling the team with actual children.

DependentUnsteadyEgret-max-1mb.gif

58 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If we're no longer in administration and under new ownership before the window, then we *might* not have to, but it'll depend on what the new owners are intending to do and if there's any kind of restrictions (the EFL "Business plan") on them.

If we're still in adminstration, it's fire sale of everyone with value and nothing anyone can do about it, because the club is still bust and administeators are trying to get the creditors some of their money back.

True but a player may well say no thanks I am not signing for anyone - that said most of them are out of contract next summer anyway and may profit by not leaving in January 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

True but a player may well say no thanks I am not signing for anyone - that said most of them are out of contract next summer anyway and may profit by not leaving in January 

That is a good point, you can't force someone to sign a new contract with a different employer. I don't really see that being an issue given the circumstances, but it is a point well made.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

That's my worry. 

I used to go to football for the tribal pride, the enjoyment of the actual sport and a release of tension to just have a good time. 

Winning enhances that. Losing dampens the spirit. But still whatever the results I'd be there next week loud and proud.

Really reaching the PL was only really a goal because it meant more wins, more celebrations, more ammo to throw at other fans. It was never about the actual league and higher costs to follow

I reckon if you still have the football bug then you're going to enjoy all that the PL offers in League 1 or 2 or whatever. 

It will still be your Derby on the pitch with you in the stands. Does it really matter if the opponents are Man City or Man sfield? 

The real worry is that the club will be gone or left soulless and you know nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than watching Premier League scores roll in

Not at all bothered by being in or out of the PL. 

The soul will always be there… 

this is one of the worst times being a fan in my lifetime and all I can think of is us as fans, as a club can take on anybody. 

I don’t care if we are playing Man City or Matlock… as long as there’s a Derby county I’ll support them no matter what.

duck the EFL, duck Mel, duck everyone but our wonderful club. 

I’ve been a supporter for 25 years and I’ll be a supporter as long as there’s a club to support.

bring on the point deduction! We will have a right laugh in league one and will still finish above forest this year!

COYR!! ?

I spoke with a friend who is an insolvency lawyer last night, though he has never been a lead Administrator on anything of any size.

What he did suggest was that many Administrators look for a buyer who will support the administration period over a buyer who offers the biggest purchase pot. In other words, if prospective buyer A offers £10m for the business, but will put £500k a month in per month immediately to cover ongoing running costs shortfalls, that is far more likely to succeed than buyer B who would pay £15m but only at the completion of a successful sale.

I suppose it is the old 'bird in the hand' analogy playing out with big numbers.