100 days to Save Our Soul

StarterForTen

1 hour ago, curb said:

Losing our ‘young talent’ is the least of our worries, there’s a real danger that there won’t be a club for them to play for.

There will always be a club even if its AFC Derby County [established 2022] (heaven knows what division we'd be in though). What worries me is the time it will take to firm up a deal even if a preferred and reputable bidder is identified very shortly.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I believe the administrators at Wigan earned in excess of a seven figure payment which was paid largely by the sale of one of their top young players joining Leeds. We also picked up Marshall and Byrne for next to nothing. We are now in their position. 

I think they wanted Marshall's wages off the books, and we did actually pay a reasonable fee for Byrne - c.£750K was suggested?

I'm sure our youngsters would be at the top of other club's shopping lists, but the Administrator will be targeting the highest earners who are generally the more senior players, especially Lawrence, Joz and Bielik (when fit), perhaps even Shinnie and Fozzy would fit into that category along with Marshall and maybe Byrne.

29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Those who were glad that all the moaners have gone won't be happy with this. 

Or have they changed their tune?

Come back and back the team like the fans are doing now, they're welcome. 

Come back and destroy the players confidence with moaning and booing, they can stay away. 

The players will have enough on their minds right now without having to worry about pleasing fans that expect to see them play like the champions from the 70's.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are you trying to tell us that Tom Inces mum is going to be our new owner?

It's a consortium of Sam Rush (transfers), Tom Ince's mum (finance) and Lee Camp's dad (team/fans/management relations) with Peter Ridsdale as footballing advisor. They couldn't screw it up any more than the current lot have. 

As far as I can work out, since the formation of the Championship (or, to be more accurate, the renaming of the First Division) in 2004, six clubs from that division have entered Administration, though some were relegated by the time they went in. The average time spent in Administration for those clubs was six and half months.

The likes of Leeds (2007); Southampton (2009) and Bolton (2019) were all in and out within three months, while Portsmouth (2012) were formally under Admin control for 14 months.

Staggeringly, since the turn of the century, there have been 35 'insolvency events' effecting EFL clubs (including Derby's brush with the Receiver in 2003) and, wait for this... 288 winding up petitions served, most often from HMRC.

Football is well and truly broken.

It will certainly be a very important period in our history 

What can we sell - not much it seems and the administrators may well be saying that soon enough 

Portsmouth we’re allowed to sell players outside of the transfer window so that is a worry on the pitch and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the EFL allow it to happen because they won’t want us taking points of any more sides 

if the EFL want to subtract more points then just do it now for the whole world to see - if for some sadistic reason they wanted to carry that on into next season well that just shows you what we have been dealing with in a lot of regards.

We obviously need someone to come in exceptionally quickly to save any semblance of a side on a pitch 

we better enjoy the home and away games until January because after that it looks exceptionally grim.

This should be be a disaster for the EFL - A major club relegated in September! we actually had the biggest attendance in the championship on Saturday possibly even the whole EFL if Sunderland weren’t at home and yes I know when Sheffield United are at home they will have more but the point being we are one of the biggest most high profile clubs they have and as they have openly stated they want us relegated and now they have their way - do they want us destroyed - I am sure some of them might. 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The idea that we are safe from losing players until January isn't strictly true. If the administrators come in and the DCFC bank account is empty, and we can't find a buyer VERY quickly, then guess what? Asset stripping time. Get players off the books to reduce outgoings by any means necessary. Far worse than losing people for fees (even rubbish fees) in January, we might end up in a position where we are cutting deals to offload players simply to get wages off the books and backfilling the team with actual children.

I would have thought those on 6 months contracts would be 1st in line.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Would I be right in saying you can only register players in Jan/Summer windows, but you could sell a player in between (the cash side of it) if you wanted to and then player would just sit on his hands until the window?

If so administrator could get a money to cover wages in this way?

Don't believe so. Think if you agree a sale it's just for the transfer and money to happen when the window opens - usually leaving the player not playing in case of injury.

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Would I be right in saying you can only register players in Jan/Summer windows, but you could sell a player in between (the cash side of it) if you wanted to and then player would just sit on his hands until the window?

If so administrator could get a money to cover wages in this way?

Since Anya has gone, I don't think we have many players who would agree to that.

29 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Are you seriously advocating buying a ticket for the match and then moaning all through the match, if the answer is yes then seriously just stay away 

No. I am referring to to a thread from earlier in the season where some voiced their pleasure at the low crowds based on the perception that attendances were down because 'moaners' weren't there. 

I am simply wondering aloud whether they are the same people who are now calling for all hands to the pump. And further wondering whether they might have kept their own counsel in light of subsequent events.

And besides, if I want to pay my money and moan (I don't especially want to do either), what's to stop me?

21 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

No. I am referring to to a thread from earlier in the season where some voiced their pleasure at the low crowds based on the perception that attendances were down because 'moaners' weren't there. 

I am simply wondering aloud whether they are the same people who are now calling for all hands to the pump. And further wondering whether they might have kept their own counsel in light of subsequent events.

And besides, if I want to pay my money and moan (I don't especially want to do either), what's to stop me?

Same answer