100 days to Save Our Soul

StarterForTen

39 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

A big concern of mine is how is the club going to pay the wages for the next 100 days. If Mels finally got his wish to stop funding the club, how is the club going to generate enough revenue each month to pay the bills? Be an absolute travesty if Mel is still expecting his rent for the ground each month as well.

One way the fans can help is to get as many bums on seats as possible for all home games…….. and bring with them the same positive support that we’ve seen so far this season ?

4 minutes ago, curb said:

They have nine days to find c. £1 million to pay the players and staff.

what do you think the consequences of not paying players could be (hint - non fulfilment of fixtures)?

Do you think the players will all 'down tools' if they are not paid in full then? I would think the more likely consequence is another three points deduction added to our crime sheet for breach of the suspended penalty already imposed.

And remember, the club does have some revenues still - two home games in September will bring in some cash. The Administrator doesn't have to pay any of the historical debts if funds do not allow.

22 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

One way the fans can help is to get as many bums on seats as possible for all home games…….. and bring with them the same positive support that we’ve seen so far this season ?

In that case they need to open the ticket office.

18 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Do you think the players will all 'down tools' if they are not paid in full then? I would think the more likely consequence is another three points deduction added to our crime sheet for breach of the suspended penalty already imposed.

And remember, the club does have some revenues still - two home games in September will bring in some cash. The Administrator doesn't have to pay any of the historical debts if funds do not allow.

I think it’s a distinct possibility, how many of those fans at home games paid for their seat a year ago?

57 minutes ago, curb said:

Losing our ‘young talent’ is the least of our worries, there’s a real danger that there won’t be a club for them to play for.

We should be championing these young lads to move on, hopefully to good clubs that will help progress them going forward.

Buchanan, Knight, Sibley and Bird will be gone in January. I would imagine the money will cover us for the foreseeable. Rooney and co will be gone within the week. I'd imagine that we will be looking to promote a manager within, either someone like Pat Lyons or Curtis Davies, if we want to go down the player/manager route. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

A big concern of mine is how is the club going to pay the wages for the next 100 days. If Mels finally got his wish to stop funding the club, how is the club going to generate enough revenue each month to pay the bills? Be an absolute travesty if Mel is still expecting his rent for the ground each month as well.

This is why I think there is a risk that the administrators might look to shift some high earners ASAP. Reduce the monthly wage bill so we can actually pay it.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We should be championing these young lads to move on, hopefully to good clubs that will help progress them going forward.

Buchanan, Knight, Sibley and Bird will be gone in January. I would imagine the money will cover us for the foreseeable. Rooney and co will be gone within the week. I'd imagine that we will be looking to promote a manager within, either someone like Pat Lyons or Curtis Davies, if we want to go down the player/manager route. 

You know this how? Hardly make us an attractive proposition to buy will it?

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This is why I think there is a risk that the administrators might look to shift some high earners ASAP. Reduce the monthly wage bill so we can actually pay it.

Contracts cancelled by mutual consent will be the only way players can leave before the next window, If players are still here in January then I believe a new owner is in place.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rooney will depend on the contract we’ve got (if any) with 32red, it might not be easy to get out of, or if reports are correct that they’re paying most of his wages, it might be more prudent to keep him on to keep rallying the players round. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You know this how? Hardly make us an attractive proposition to buy will it?

It doesn't matter about making us an attractive proposition to buy anymore, it's about making sure we can survive so someone will buy us. We have young assets on the books. I'd imagine we can (and will) sell them whilst replacing with free agents on low wages. 

We may not even have a club after all of this, the administrators are called in to prevent that - the most sure fire way of doing that is getting cash flow into the business. Not to mention they will also need paying and administrators are far from cheap. 

33 minutes ago, sage said:

Fans need to buy tickets and fill the ground. 

The players get support

The additional income will pay staff

We are more likely to get a buyer quickly

For all those who sniping from the sidelines, support your club. The money will no longer go to Mel, but will keep us alive.  

Those who were glad that all the moaners have gone won't be happy with this. 

Or have they changed their tune?

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There might be a shop window element during the games to january.

If you're one of the players who know they're leaving in January (or have a wild guess) you'd be wanting a blinder every week to get to the best team you could in january.

Absolutely. It's in everyone's best interest that they keep performing, because they're going to be readily available.

Bird certainly didn't hang about.

Just now, Crewton said:

True. It's often forgotten that the Administrator/Liquidator won't do their work without certainty of payment.

I believe the administrators at Wigan earned in excess of a seven figure payment which was paid largely by the sale of one of their top young players joining Leeds. We also picked up Marshall and Byrne for next to nothing. We are now in their position. 

52 minutes ago, curb said:

Losing our ‘young talent’ is the least of our worries, there’s a real danger that there won’t be a club for them to play for.

I get your point and you are right but isn't there something utterly demoralising at the same time with that ? How selling of the likes Bird, Sibley, Knight and Buchanan on the cheap and taking a hatchet to the academy probably occurs in a lot of the "better" scenarios? 

One of the main reasons I've found myself more engaged again this last couple of years is seeing these players come through the academy with the promise of more to follow and if that gets dismantled it will feel like such a waste and I'll find it harder to care. Might be that I'm viewing this all wrong and it might be I'm lying to myself about how my interest will wax and wane. There are certainly more important things right now like you allude to but it will represent something of a dream dying to me and a part of what makes football interesting tome will just crumble. Felt the same way when we sold Hughes.

It won't matter if it comes down to it but I do think if there is a chance we bounce back relatively quickly from all this then I do think it relies on the academy mostly being intact. Spending is going to be tight for a good while and we are going to be under an embargo for a lot of it, what the academy provides is arguably talent that we wouldn't otherwise be able to acquire as well as (down the road) assets that can command a good fee to fuel further progress.