Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All in therory but we are still operating on a very restricted squad and the big one is that we still have no goal scorers so gaining those extra points is extremely unlikely 12 points is still unlikely but it would give us something to actually play for 

Oh I agree. I just wanted to highlight that isn't as ridiculous as it might seem at a glance.

11 hours ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Looking forward to this, will be in the Sheffield tap at around 11.

We can play with no fear now, nothing to lose.  This is when we are at our best. We will be loud and proud and there seems to be a massive turn around regarding WR.  Let’s let him know. 
COYR!!!!!

You could argue there's more pressure on the team now with only 9 point from safety. We are bottom, not through form but a penalty, the others are there through form so theoretically could be caught. I admit, if we are hit with the other 9 points then it's certain relegation.

I think we’re all expecting this one to be a tough game- particularly as they seem to have hit a patch of form. We can’t ride the wave of siege mentality all season, and there are bound to be losses along the way- but I hope the staff and players can muster up another gritty performance today, and get a positive result.

If we don’t get a result today, I really hope we still see the players give their all for the full 90 minutes. I have faith that they will do that. And I don’t doubt those who’ve bought tickets will be in full voice throughout!

I think Brady 1993 makes a fair point. IF we can maintain current form then we have a real chance of staying up, even with a further points deduction. 

key factors are 

- I think there are some teams who will really struggle. - ie Peterborough, Hull and Blackpool come to mind 

- Reading may get a points deduction 

- it could be argued Bielik will increase our points total by 9 points in the games he plays in after his return

- jags and Davies - we are way more solid than last year we are drawing where we would have lost last year

- we have festy and CKR to also return to boost attacking options

One question though- if we get new owners can we add to the squad in Jan? 
of Pep Guardiola decided to be humble for once in his life and look outside of his own concerns then he could Loan us Delap - for free!! 

I’m not saying we will stay up I’m saying I find it difficult to understand how some people are certain we will go down. 
Last years squad would have gone down with a points deduction - this is not last years squad

proud of the team, our manager and our fans DTID