Crowd-funding to keep us playing?

RoyMac5

We need a figurehead possibly an ex player like Linacre did when fester went into admin. Derby and it’s supporters will have made about 50 ex players millionaires over the last 20 years surely one of those might be sufficiently interested to lead on raising cash to get us through the next few months. Even Wayne could offer to lead it or perhaps Bryson who has a strong connection. Just someone to care enough to galvanise supported in raising cash 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

We need a figurehead possibly an ex player like Linacre did when fester went into admin. Derby and it’s supporters will have made about 50 ex players millionaires over the last 20 years surely one of those might be sufficiently interested to lead on raising cash to get us through the next few months. Even Wayne could offer to lead it or perhaps Bryson who has a strong connection. Just someone to care enough to galvanise supported in raising cash 

Igor ?

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I saw the clip of Roger Davies miss v Chelsea the other night ..probably the worst miss in the history of football..he still owes us for that..

Can we perhaps get banners out saying save our club

We thankyou for ever

But maybe can we maybe charge small fee when kids do these taking pentlies outside the ground.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Wayne, Frank Lampard and Harry Redknapp to lead a consortium and be challenging Man Citeh and Chelsea in 4 years time.

I had an idea, probably not a good one but I was wondering if buying the club a pint might be a way to add a few quid to the pot on match days. Every time you go to the bar, you tell the staff you want to buy one for the club and add the price of a beer which goes into the club pot. 

Alcohol makes you generous.

11 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

I had an idea, probably not a good one but I was wondering if buying the club a pint might be a way to add a few quid to the pot on match days. Every time you go to the bar, you tell the staff you want to buy one for the club and add the price of a beer which goes into the club pot. 

Alcohol makes you generous.

Rooney would be in clover.

Come on Rams Trust step up with a crowd funding initiative or if not that at least a “pledge” page on a website. Do something that shows action that fans can latch on to. Our biggest potential resource, our supporters, some of whom are wealthy, some not quite so but willing to chip in need a way of helping in a tangible way. I think the gap between money available and what is needed to pay the September wages could have been raised this way. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Come on Rams Trust step up with a crowd funding initiative or if not that at least a “pledge” page on a website. Do something that shows action that fans can latch on to. Our biggest potential resource, our supporters, some of whom are wealthy, some not quite so but willing to chip in need a way of helping in a tangible way. I think the gap between money available and what is needed to pay the September wages could have been raised this way. 

I agree not because I would like to put my hard earned money in well paid players pockets but due to the wider implications of not paying them for the club. It needs somebody more than one supporter to do it because of the no doubt poo they would get and also things like an individual's bank account only has banking protection up to i think £85k. but as someone said but there must be a local body such as Rams Trust that can take forward. 

23 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A consortium of several wealthy Derby fans and local businessmen may seriously help if they are out there and willing, backed by a large fan led group. Easier said than done perhaps 

I think it could but such an initiative needs leader(s) and noone has stepped up yet. Niall Horan would be the obvious well known fan without baggage