Crowd-funding to keep us playing?

RoyMac5

I can see the niceness of crowd funding, But you just might as well p**s all the loot down the drain, A lot of hard work goes into it, Money gets fritted away, Administrator says thanks.

I worked at Prestige(making pressure cookers)in the mid 70s and early 80s, 2  apprentices were going to be laid off, The Union at the time asked members if they would contribute out of their wages a sum that would pay for their continued employment, We did and they continued to work, They still had to pay Tax on the money we already paid tax on, And within around 6 months the company moved to Blackburn, Then India, Then went bust.

Who has the final say on where the money goes, Who's going to run it, How much money is going to run the funding,Those who pour money into it will be asking what's happening to it, My advice is keep your hard earned money, It's not your fault that DCFC are in this mess.

I certainly was interested to hear that Wycome are 25% owned by a trust which in turn was funded by 1000 fans. I think fan ownership and strict control of player wages as a % of trading turnover is the way forward.

If we could get 10,000 people to invest £500 each that would be a great start, with the trust having a % ownership and a seat on the board.

Then we insist the club is run with non loss making budgets each year. We then have a sustainable club where fans have a voice, and can see and hear what is happening at the club.

2 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I certainly was interested to hear that Wycome are 25% owned by a trust which in turn was funded by 1000 fans. I think fan ownership and strict control of player wages as a % of trading turnover is the way forward.

If we could get 10,000 people to invest £500 each that would be a great start, with the trust having a % ownership and a seat on the board.

Then we insist the club is run with non loss making budgets each year. We then have a sustainable club where fans have a voice, and can see and hear what is happening at the club.

Talk to @LeedsCityRam

15 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Then the squabbling would start as to actually take a seat on the board,i am sure the Rams Trust would be demanding one of their members, if members of this forum were to invest that wouldn't go down well as some see the RT as above themselves seeing some of the comments posted on here about them.

18 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Problem would be finding that amount of people who could invest that. Lost of sums would probably have to be a lot smaller. Having said that, there will be wealthier rams fans around who would probably be willing to invest more. If Derby could get something together with the fans and a percentage of ownership, it could allow for a future if there is still a club by then and stop scenarios like this happening again. 

32 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

This I would certainly go for, I'd put in £1000, The representative would have to be voted on, Just like Councilors/MPs, They'd have to put themselves forward, Then send leaflets out, Talk at Meetings where those who have put money in go and listen.

Rams Trust, I wouldn't trust em, But if voted on, Then democracy wins.

From little acorns and all that.

Just now, Spanish said:

theory yes, but practically no chance unless uncle Mel gives it away

surely you could use the rent as  coverage on a mortgage

if it was interest only?

£50m @5% is £2.5m a year

could even have any profit made go into support the community trust or club

people soon forget mel isnt even derbys richest man let alone the many families that are fans and worth £££s Millions

11 minutes ago, observer said:

surely you could use the rent as  coverage on a mortgage

if it was interest only?

£50m @5% is £2.5m a year

could even have any profit made go into support the community trust or club

people soon forget mel isnt even derbys richest man let alone the many families that are fans and worth £££s Millions

well it would need free of any legal charges which it isn't and then you will have to find someone willing to lend the money where the rent is due from an entity in administration or at best has a recent history of financial problems.  Commercial loans are expected to have a capital repayment plan also as well as interest coverage unless you a financed by a pawn broker

14 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Could be a way for him to save some face with the fans and leave a lasting legacy that isn't a complete car crash.

I would hope he wouldn’t want to be known as the man who killed Derby County but I fear maybe he won’t care as long as his finances are secure. That hope vanished anyway once he put us in admin. He doesn’t care enough to secure our future 

5 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Problem would be finding that amount of people who could invest that. Lost of sums would probably have to be a lot smaller. Having said that, there will be wealthier rams fans around who would probably be willing to invest more. If Derby could get something together with the fans and a percentage of ownership, it could allow for a future if there is still a club by then and stop scenarios like this happening again. 

Maybe we could find 10,000 willing to invest a £1000 and reach out to wealthy ex players/celebrities who support Derby to make an donation too?

6 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

This is where the RamsTrust should really get involved in the process. It seems they have the 28 day exclusivity, but they don't want it..

Have decided not to engage with any potential administrator, even if it would allow us to purchase a small percentage. I have some savings which I can't really afford to lose, but I'd rather lose my money than my club

Edited by Ramchop
Typo

30 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

This is where the RamsTrust should really get involved in the process. It seems they have the 28 day exclusivity, but they don't want it..

Have decided not to engage with any potential administrator, even if it would allow us to purchase a small percentage. I have some savings which I can't really afford to lose, but I'd rather lose my money than my club

I just seen this…

C1E8E42C-8BA2-4EDB-8307-BD9C762D023E.png