Crowd-funding to keep us playing?

RoyMac5

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that you Mel?

39 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Even if it went elsewhere in the club instead of player wages? Like ticket office wages? Or paying for police for home games?

Yes even then. I dont think its pointless because of player wages (which is the last thing we should be funding)

If you want to crowd fund money to give directly to people who are losing their jobs i'd certainly back such an endeavour, but i wouldnt give anything directly to the club at this point.

We don't know what will happen with said money or who will even be in charge in the coming weeks. A time may come for crowd funding to save the club, but i dont think this is it.

38 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

May be too late to get going then

Don't get me wrong we may at a future date require crowd funding and it cant hurt to be prepared if someone does want to start looking into it, but we don't know enough about the situation at present to start pouring funds into the club. I'd keep your powder dry fir the moment and save your money until we know whether we can have a positive impact on the future of our club.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Back to Roy's original question, does anyone know anyone with experience of setting this up who could help if we need this?  Is it hard to get going? If we need £1.5m for Sept or Oct and 50,000 people sign up that would be £30 each or a match ticket to save another 3 point deduction. I know its a really tough time for many but some who can would hopefully donate much more (ex players????) and enough people giving £2.50 or a coffee would really help. 
The simplest form would seem to be Donation Crowdfunding where People invest simply because they believe in the cause. Donors have a social or personal motivation for putting their money in and expect nothing back, except perhaps to feel good about helping the project. 
sorry if this seems pie in the sky but can we really just sit back and do nothing assuming the money will come from elsewhere?

Am i going mad to want to try?

Can we try getting money buckets in at match days in I be more than happy to put something in if it means it helps save our club.

Maybe talk different coach companies to see who take Derby fans to games if fans be willing to be donations in it what ever people can afford.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we try getting money buckets in at match days in I be more than happy to put something in if it means it helps save our club.

Maybe talk different coach companies to see who take Derby fans to games if fans be willing to be donations in it what ever people can afford.

That is a good idea but based on enthusiasm so far that may get us 50p!  

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm not interested because every single Derby player is a lot richer than me, so why should I pay their inflated wages? It's not at all a criticism of the Derby players. You take what you can get. But the football world is crazy. I wish I had their money.

Spot on.

I'd have no problem crowd funding to keep backroom staff in a job but if you think I'm crowdfunding someone's wages who earns more in a month than I earn a year...no chance!

As someone who tried to pull together a crowd-funding campaign to buy Jason Shackell a toaster as a wedding gift from the fans when we were courting him for a second time, I know what a huge undertaking this is.

We'll never know if he got that toaster, but luckily it wasn't a barrier to him joining. Obviously he uses the grill. 

Fans didn't come through then. Hope we do now.

I'm completely on board with crowdfunding if it needs to be done at some point. I'm willing to chuck in more than my fair share too.

However I think we should wait and see what happens first. If it needs to be done, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

I would expect any club to know they can come to the fans cap in hand as a last resort, but as it has been mentioned in this thread we already put our fair share into the club.

Long and short of it is....we'll have a whipround for the club but they've got to beg us for it

27 minutes ago, Duracell said:

As someone who tried to pull together a crowd-funding campaign to buy Jason Shackell a toaster as a wedding gift from the fans when we were courting him for a second time, I know what a huge undertaking this is.

We'll never know if he got that toaster, but luckily it wasn't a barrier to him joining. Obviously he uses the grill. 

Fans didn't come through then. Hope we do now.

Hahahahahahahahaha

I’d forgotten about that 

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Spot on.

I'd have no problem crowd funding to keep backroom staff in a job but if you think I'm crowdfunding someone's wages who earns more in a month than I earn a year...no chance!

I am not suggesting crowdfunding for the players per se (as essentially prev players is where much of the funds went) but unfortunately EFL doesnt care about normal employees being shafted so continually rising points deductions, loss of playing staff if we break contracts and hence not being able to function as a club will come eventually from not paying players. Only we (and Rooney plus probably other football staff who havent said directly) seem to care about the backroom staff.  Keeping the team in place and going will perhaps make us a more attractive purchase option and going concern to keep those backroom staff in jobs. But yes obviously I was suggesting us all just giving more of our hard earned money to players. 

17 hours ago, Tombo said:

I'm completely on board with crowdfunding if it needs to be done at some point. I'm willing to chuck in more than my fair share too.

However I think we should wait and see what happens first. If it needs to be done, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

I would expect any club to know they can come to the fans cap in hand as a last resort, but as it has been mentioned in this thread we already put our fair share into the club.

Long and short of it is....we'll have a whipround for the club but they've got to beg us for it

If you did manage to arrange some sort of crowdfunding the administrators wouldn't differentiate it and just see it as gifted money coming into the club and use it towards paying off the debt. Their primary focus is reducing the debt what the club owes

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

If you did manage to arrange some sort of crowdfunding the administrators wouldn't differentiate it and just see it as gifted money coming into the club and use it towards paying off the debt. Their primary focus is reducing the debt what the club owes

Correct, their responsibility is to the creditors that appointed them, not the club. However, a club is a business that generates it's own revenue. Asset stripping is a big part of what they'll do but it would be short-termist to just come in, sell everything off, only service a little bit of the debt, and fold the club.

Consider this - I owed you £10,000 and you appointed someone to go into my home and get that money for you. The guy comes in and takes everything from me, all my valuables, my car and eventually my house, so I'm destitute and on the streets. The guy goes back to you and says "well to get a quick sale, I only managed to get you £8,000 for everything he's got. And also, he's got absolutely nothing left and with no home, no car, no clothes, he's also lost his job so you'll just have to forget about the last £12,000 as his only revenue stream is no more". And then you'd be expected to pay that guy a fee as well???

Tell me how that would make you feel. Nobody benefits.

The primary responsibility is to the creditors, but that doesn't mean they don't have a sense of our operational costs and how important they are to the ongoing survival of the business

51 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Consider this - I owed you £10,000 and you appointed someone to go into my home and get that money for you. The guy comes in and takes everything from me, all my valuables, my car and eventually my house, so I'm destitute and on the streets. The guy goes back to you and says "well to get a quick sale, I only managed to get you £8,000 for everything he's got. And also, he's got absolutely nothing left and with no home, no car, no clothes, he's also lost his job so you'll just have to forget about the last £12,000 as his only revenue stream is no more". And then you'd be expected to pay that guy a fee as well???

First thing I'd do is question your arithmetic ?

Im up for crowd funding but it would need to be run by someone of standing, lawyer, accountant etc. I would put £1,000 in.

Also I have a villa in Cyprus (where I am at the moment) If others could offer something I would put my villa up for 2 weeks holiday in a raffle (that would normaly cost £2k). if we could get others to donate things and have a giant raffle we might be able to get a sizable amount. some of the hotels and golf clubs could chip in?? 

I am with @Carl Saganand @G STAR RAMhere. Pouring money into the club at this stage is only likely to ultimately benefit (comparatively) rich footballers, secured creditors and HMRC. 

There has been much talk about small businesses badly affected by the collapse of the Morris empire. One such business is no doubt DCFC Fans. This Platform would have been receiving income from the club in respect of advertising revenue, which is now or has perhaps for a while been on stop, and I would not be surprised if it too were not a lowly unsecured creditor of the club. I would counter suggest that presently if there are some disposable funds in your pockets you might consider giving a small bit to DCFC Fans by way of a donation to ensure the Platform keeps ticking over, and so David can buy the occasional Peroni. These are no doubt uncertain times for David and any small contribution might help him get over a cash flow hump of his own until the Administrators appoint someone willing to run the Club proactively again. Even if you can’t make a donation, perhaps start clicking on some adverts, and remove your ADblockers (you know who you are). It is vital in my view that this Platform is supported, not only for our continued enjoyment, but for all Rams fans to have an open forum to discuss how we can save and rebuild our great Club. COYR!

Edited by i-Ram

This maybe more of a long term idea to look at rather then a quick money raising exercise.

But just the other week Heart of Midlothian FC became a fan owned club after the Foundation of hearts took control of the club

foundationofhearts

It was started when Hearts nearly went out of business and there ground sold to Tesco's after the club went into administration in 2014

As a side point if the worst happens and a phoenix club has to be set up I bagsy the new club should be called Lokomativ Derby County FC. It ties in with the railway connections the city has, its also a classic footballing name and every so often we go a bit loco and fall of the rails 

Edited by Maxwell Baxter
fact edit