Crowd-funding to keep us playing?

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Where's that information from?

I simply quoted a fellow poster who's been one of the most reliable sources of insider info on the club on here and also on other forums in the past. No idea who @Super Derby Super Rams's sources are and I'm sure he wouldn't reveal them! 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I simply quoted a fellow poster who's been one of the most reliable sources of insider info on the club on here and also on other forums in the past. No idea who @Super Derby Super Rams's sources are and I'm sure he wouldn't reveal them! 

Oh right,sorry Carl,I was just interested in the original source.

Kudos to Rooney if it's true.

Back to Roy's original question, does anyone know anyone with experience of setting this up who could help if we need this?  Is it hard to get going? If we need £1.5m for Sept or Oct and 50,000 people sign up that would be £30 each or a match ticket to save another 3 point deduction. I know its a really tough time for many but some who can would hopefully donate much more (ex players????) and enough people giving £2.50 or a coffee would really help. 
The simplest form would seem to be Donation Crowdfunding where People invest simply because they believe in the cause. Donors have a social or personal motivation for putting their money in and expect nothing back, except perhaps to feel good about helping the project. 
sorry if this seems pie in the sky but can we really just sit back and do nothing assuming the money will come from elsewhere?

Am i going mad to want to try?

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Back to Roy's original question, does anyone know anyone with experience of setting this up who could help if we need this?  Is it hard to get going? If we need £1.5m for Sept or Oct and 50,000 people sign up that would be £30 each or a match ticket to save another 3 point deduction. I know its a really tough time for many but some who can would hopefully donate much more (ex players????) and enough people giving £2.50 or a coffee would really help. 
The simplest form would seem to be Donation Crowdfunding where People invest simply because they believe in the cause. Donors have a social or personal motivation for putting their money in and expect nothing back, except perhaps to feel good about helping the project. 
sorry if this seems pie in the sky but can we really just sit back and do nothing assuming the money will come from elsewhere?

Set up a crowdfunder with some form of i.d. so people know it'll go to the club. It can't hurt,like you say,if everyone did what they could afford it would help somewhere along the line

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I'm not interested because every single Derby player is a lot richer than me, so why should I pay their inflated wages? It's not at all a criticism of the Derby players. You take what you can get. But the football world is crazy. I wish I had their money.

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Is it really that simple though?

I'd assume so if there is proof of what it goes for. Classes as a donation,and as there's no end goal or stretch target,people have the opportunity to remove their money if they want to up to a certain time after donation

Should just add,having never done it myself and only going from advice of people that previously have, it may take a bit more research!

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

I'm not interested because every single Derby player is a lot richer than me, so why should I pay their inflated wages? It's not at all a criticism of the Derby players. You take what you can get. But the football world is crazy. I wish I had their money.

We dont know what they may be doing already but what we do know is if we dont pay wages thats more points off by the efl probably each time, contract positions become weaker, players go and ultimately we may not be able to fulfil fixtures. Bye bye Derby. Of course that may happen anyway so lets not bother

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Seems like a waste of money to me until we know what is going to happen going forward. Minus 3 points is the least of our worries at the moment.

Even if it went elsewhere in the club instead of player wages? Like ticket office wages? Or paying for police for home games?

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

May be too late to get going then

Could pay for policing for home games for example though to fulfil the remaining home fixtures? Or security costs? If we're going down and let's be honest probably are, at least doing something to keep going is worth a shot. As you said,we can't sleepwalk into oblivion