Mel Morris interview on Radio Derby 1pm

Ramos

On 20/09/2021 at 11:24, superfit said:

I think people need to remember or know is that the conduct of the directors could be investigated once in administration. I would have thought Mel could have been advised to be careful how he words his apology. Hence, I’m sorry about the outcome but not for how the club got there in the first instance. 

I was just thinking if it was possible that Morris could be charged with anything. It's criminal what he has done to our club. Surely there must be laws, or at least rules, he has broken?

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was just thinking if it was possible that Morris could be charged with anything. It's criminal what he has done to our club. Surely there must be laws, or at least rules, he has broken?

Well the EFL rules the club broke and the club will be punished for.

The accounting rules are apparently the duties of Stephen Pearce and the auditor.

Though all this, Mel has been that interest mixture of utterly stupid decisions followed by a lot of cleverness - I imagine he's probably been careful anything bad would come on the club not him. Still, we'll see

The figures bandied about say Derby in 50 million of debt , ive stood by Morris for a long time ,taking his word that he would stand by the club and city that he loved but recently have tempered that with the knowledge that the time was coming when we would find out if he was the real deal or just a fake full of bluster and empty words ,

that time is here , putting the club into admin is dooming us to relegation and very very possibly liquidation and does not get Morris any money back he MAY have lost ( let’s see how this now pans out loans ,gifted wise ) 

you love the club and the city and it’s people you bite the bullet and  pay the debts or a huge chunk of them and find a buyer ,you then walk away still a very very very rich man , the choice between that and absolutely ducking the club ,the city and its fans and people over is the difference between walking away slightly less very very very rich than you might otherwise be but with honour and head held high,

the interview and recent action s point very much to a man with not a jot of care for the club , the city ,it’s fans and it’s people ,the little people being shafted , same old bloody sorry story 

Hope there is some light at the end of this very dark tunnel. 
Thanks Mel for ruining our beloved club , there’s only one person accountable for the position we are in Mel and that’s you. 
I know you have tried to chase the riches of the Premier League but you ultimately failed and have left DCFC in a very precarious position with little hope of survival. 
Rant over !