Mel Morris interview on Radio Derby 1pm

Ramos

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Keogh started that by demanding 25k a week to stay and not go to Burnley - just after his wembley treat- this in turned put up Brysons wage who Burnley also wanted and then more for the rest.  Ironically we tried to buy Simon Francis and Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth that summer and that with a fit Thorne would have pissed the division.  Bournemouth turned us down despite being massively over FFP and got promoted.  

All players ask for more money and didn’t Bryson change his mind about going to Burnley?

Some fans will slate Keogh for his payout too but I am one of those who think that he was made the scapegoat for ‘that’ night.

1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

All players ask for more money and didn’t Bryson change his mind about going to Burnley?

Some fans will slate Keogh for his payout too but I am one of those who think that he was made the scapegoat for ‘that’ night.

Bryson, I am reliably informed, was actually in Burnley for a medical before the bumper wage and the ambassador's role was offered to him and he changed his mind at the last minute.

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Out and about today so can't check or listen, but I'm sure I heard Mel would be on Talk Sport this morning. If anyone wants to listen to more. 

Not on now as he’s meeting the manager, coaches and playing staff etc and then meeting the administrators. Though Jim White said he’d definitely be on the show this week. 

9 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Yes, when he was made the highest paid player at the time .  To be fair he'd earned it.  Unlike Keoghs pay out .

8 hours ago, Norman said:

Bryson, I am reliably informed, was actually in Burnley for a medical before the bumper wage and the ambassador's role was offered to him and he changed his mind at the last minute.

That's correct. I've not heard about Keogh. Always thought it was the Bryson deal which triggered demands from other players and the club caved in.

32 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

That's correct. I've not heard about Keogh. Always thought it was the Bryson deal which triggered demands from other players and the club caved in.

To be fair that season was always going to push up the wages significantly , especially if clubs the division above were interested with most having clauses or a year on there contract.  Our problem was we then paid even more or the same amount to players higher division clubs were pushing out the door or those who higher division clubs wouldn't want in a month of Sundays.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think one stupid incident outweighed (and therefore undid) all the good things he did. 

That's a matter of opinion, 1 year out through injury, He was the top man by all accounts at DCFC, He was sacked, 2 players got embroiled in the shananigans, Went to MK Dons then Huddersfield now Blackpool, Keoghs legacy imo will be that 1 night.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

That's a matter of opinion, 1 year out through injury, He was the top man by all accounts at DCFC, He was sacked, 2 players got embroiled in the shananigans, Went to MK Dons then Huddersfield now Blackpool, Keoghs legacy imo will be that 1 night.

You’re right, it is a matter of opinion. My memory extends beyond that one night and I prefer not to judge him based a single incident albeit a serious one. What has the other clubs he went to has got to do with anything?