Mel Morris interview on Radio Derby 1pm

Ramos

Those slamming Mel should pause for a moment to think about his intentions.

I do not - for a minute - think he's intended to run the club down.

He has spent millions, not to run the club into debt, but to chase the dream. We all supported that chase.

Even though he's managed things badly, which he admits, I do believe that he genuinely thinks the only way he can get new owners in is to put the club into administration.

I'm very far from happy about that, actually been crying about it, but I think it's sincere on his part.

Mel effectively says there was a trigger (something to do with him wanting to sell but covering the losses until that happened?) which meant parties interested in buying the club were always going to be happy to wait for admin before moving as it was going to be in their interest to take the club on debt free. Which is why he claims this is in the best interests of the club now, as it will move that process along.

He says he's lost £200 million. I think he said that, just over the weekend, fifteen potential buyers expressed an interest.

31 minutes ago, Yani P said:

poo..Mel gives support to Rooney..and appears to be saying he has done him a favour by having this tiny squad lol

Thanks. I’m a little hard of hearing, and thought I must have misheard that. 
Well there’s an obvious boost then - get rid of a few more players so we can be even more competitive!

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Those slamming Mel should pause for a moment to think about his intentions.

I do not - for a minute - think he's intended to run the club down.

He has spent millions, not to run the club into debt, but to chase the dream. We all supported that chase.

Even though he's managed things badly, which he admits, I do believe that he genuinely thinks the only way he can get new owners in is to put the club into administration.

I'm very far from happy about that, actually been crying about it, but I think it's sincere on his part.

Yep - thats how I feel 

He has a very interesting tone - not quite but almost disinterested / disconnected. He sometimes sounds bothered but often just quite cold and calculated. He doesn't get ruffled at all but I thought the whole 'that's a great question' was patronising.

My 2p is that he's going to try and recover some of his money via selling the stadium back but they're talking about £60m to get the club out of debt / admin but not sure if that includes the (£80m?) stadium...

Most likely case for him is £200m investment - £30m return. That's gotta hurt...

"He would sooner have tried and failed than not have tried at all." Says he has lost/invested over £200m. Regrets it financially but not otherwise. Sounds as if he doesnt want anything back and stadium can be included in any plan administrators come up with. He will work with administrators to get good deal. Apparently 15 interested parties (i had to listen back to check number) to buy have approached over weekend and he would say 2-3 are very credible in terms of reputation and resources