Mel Morris interview on Radio Derby 1pm

Ramos

I think a lot commenting on here have already made their mind up.

I'm not happy myself, however, I'd ask people to at least keep an open mind.

It's not implausible to think that potential buyers are waiting for administration because their costs would be so much less.

I agree staff and supporters will suffer but this may actually be the only way to get the new owners that everyone craves.

Dawes excellent having a go about the PR with fans. Saying "we're attacked by fans for not doing our job as journalists ". Mel trying to say he was on zooms 24-7 with buyers, efl etc so not even 20 mins to record a message to fans? Really brushed this aside i feel. Think we all understand he couldnt share confidential stuff but he could have said something

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

At the time Cocu left, Percy tweeted that he had forgone much of his compensation. What happened to that? 

It's for the combined Cocu staff, all who were given four year contracts. They add up to 'less than' £8m. Chris van der Weerden and Twan Scheepers are two I can remember leaving at the same time.

Ed: so you paid 8m to pay off Philip Cocu?

Mel: no it wasn’t that much but it was a large figure

Ed: do you feel during your tenure you’ve fired managers too easily?

Mel: it’s a great question though you could look at Nottingham Forest for example….

Ed: yes but Nottingham Forest aren’t in administration 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

What I have an issue is Mel saying that no one would commit to putting in £1-1.5 million per month

Surely that was by design? P&S is set up to allow an owner to pit in £8m per season. Mel always said he wanted to fund it up to the limit. Mel decided to invest lots in P&S exempt tings like the academy (maybe £5m per year), semi-synthetic pitches at PPS, MF and Loughborough at £1m each per season. 

If he couldn't sustain it, he shouldn't have committed the club to it.

This is where you can definitely argue Covid has had an impact, what you can sustain pre Covid changes when Covid hits because a huge part of your income, income that you’ve planned everything around, just disappears in the blink of an eye.

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if we failed by £4m on straight line amortisation or £4m on our new, revised, version of residual values?

I got the impression only when restate d hence the discussions. He did say about £4m dont forget as cant remember the exact figures!!