Dell v Mel

kevinhectoring

29 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Mels allegedly on Radio Derby later today being interviewed by Ed Dawes later 

I've very little confidence that Dawes will be able to challenge him properly.

I don't mean that entirely as a dig at Dawes (although he's a poor broadcaster in my opinion), I just can't see Mel agreeing to the interview if all he can expect is to be hammered. Mel's been ducking questions for months, he's not suddenly going to stick his head up to be shot at now.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've very little confidence that Dawes will be able to challenge him properly.

I don't mean that entirely as a dig at Dawes (although he's a poor broadcaster in my opinion), I just can't see Mel agreeing to the interview if all he can expect is to be hammered. Mel's been ducking questions for months, he's not suddenly going to stick his head up to be shot at now.

Dawes had nothing to lose from not asking those questions once he is in there,live on air.

Mel's not in a position to freeze any journalists out anymore.

I'm one of the few who hadn't got a major issue with Dawes and I expect he will ask the relevant questions.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Dawes had nothing to lose from not asking those questions once he is in there,live on air.

I'm one of the few who hadn't got a major issue with Dawes and I expect he will ask the relevant questions.

Perhaps he will, although I'm not sure Mel will be providing any satisfactory answers if asked the right questions.

So what is the best that could come out of Dell taking control in the short term ?

Is there a possibility that we can keep our squad together & that staff will not lose their jobs.

I mean, if it goes to an administrator then surely they will look and say " you don't need an academy, you don't need match analysts, you only need 2 coaches etc,etc"

At first I thought the idea of MSD taking us over was pure nonsense and wishful thinking but actually it might not be.

If we go into admin we are going to be hard to sell, what with the transfer ban and League 1 looking likely. I still think someone would buy us in that scenario, just not for a good price.

Even the stadium is a complementary good, it’s value will be somewhat reliant on Derby’s existence and performance. I know they want the roof for gigs but the football club plays there every other week.

When Mel says the club are losing a million a month, I’m assuming he must be including loan repayments in that, MSD wouldn’t need to make those repayments (or at least some of them).

Im not getting my hopes up, but it’s one to keep an eye on. It would make sense surely.

What about the loans MSD have with other clubs? Have I missed the post where someone explains how we'd get around them not being allowed to own a club when they've got money sitting around helping to fund others, or are people just wilfully ignoring reality to come up with a fantasy scenario where we don't end up in administration?

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Surely more likely to be a pre-record?

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit

33 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

And one the first questions should be: ‘Mel. How much of this mess is down to you?’

Too easy. Gives him the option to trott out a politicians answer, "Well its down to a range of factors including COVID, the EFL process etc etc..."

The questions need to be worded in a way that don't give him the option of squirming out a non-answer.

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

What about the loans MSD have with other clubs? Have I missed the post where someone explains how we'd get around them not being allowed to own a club when they've got money sitting around helping to fund others, or are people just wilfully ignoring reality to come up with a fantasy scenario where we don't end up in administration?

It depends what the rules actually say, they haven’t any controlling interest in those clubs, they’re just paying back loans.

39 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Too easy. Gives him the option to trott out a politicians answer, "Well its down to a range of factors including COVID, the EFL process etc etc..."

The questions need to be worded in a way that don't give him the option of squirming out a non-answer.

Now is not the time for recriminations. I want to know what he thinks will happen next 

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Now is not the time for recriminations. I want to know what he thinks will happen next 

I'm not talking about recriminations, I'm talking about asking the questions that need to be asked in such a way that gets a straight answer.

We can already see from the statement that the club put out that blame is being put on almost anything other than the conduct of the people who run our club.

I'm not looking for recriminations, I'm looking for the truth.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You are right, administration is the most likely outcome. But it destroys value and might be a very bad option for MSD depending on how much they are now owed. So anything is possible. I don’t  think ownership of loans to other clubs would be the thing driving the decision - they could deal with that through fancy footwork. 

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I havent seen this statement praising dell … would be interested to read it or see a snippet

It was in the Club Official Statement on Friday night:

"We are especially grateful to MSD Partners, who have been hugely supportive and have provided additional financial assistance this year, going far beyond the original loan it provided in August 2020."