Jump to content

12 possible 21 not


24Charlie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have i dropped a nut and misunderstood what the bloke said on 5live? I thought he meant the 9 points n 3 point suspended would need to be renogatiated by the administrators? No? Been a long day n a few beers down now so apologise if im mistaken lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, De22Ram said:

Have i dropped a nut and misunderstood what the bloke said on 5live? I thought he meant the 9 points n 3 point suspended would need to be renogatiated by the administrators? No? Been a long day n a few beers down now so apologise if im mistaken lol!

Yes I think that's the case. 

We're stuck with the 12 for going into administration. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Parachute payments existing is irrelevant. The rules are the rules. You can't argue breaking them is justified because they aren't fair. Tough, fair or not. 

I think you can, if the rules aren’t being enforced equally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It could actually end up being -27

We will get an automatic 12 points for going into administration,

Whos going to pay the players? Not the administrators, so there’s another -3 automatic.

and then there’s the EFL charge, the administrators aren’t going to want an extended legal battle, so there’s no- one left to contest whatever the EFL and Gibson want to throw at us, so could be another -12.

Although as -15 will relegate us, if the EFL want to be really vindictive they could hold the -12 over to next season and relegate us again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Its in there mate i aint bullsh#tting u! Unless ive miss understood it hes saying the administrators will have to renogiatiate the 9 point deal? No?

its letrally the bit just before what you put on! Tell me how to share the link or rewind what u put by a minute and share it!

You said it was negotiated by Dell. It doesn't say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Have i dropped a nut and misunderstood what the bloke said on 5live? I thought he meant the 9 points n 3 point suspended would need to be renogatiated by the administrators? No? Been a long day n a few beers down now so apologise if im mistaken lol!

It does say that yes, but not "negotiated by Dell!" which is what you originally said.

No point sending angry emojis 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, jono said:

I think you can, if the rules aren’t being enforced equally.

Eh? 

The Premier league winner gets a bigger prize than the other teams. It's in the game, it's in the rules. 

Parachute payments are in the rules. 

It may not be fair, but life's often not fair. You just have to accept it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the next seven games will be critical. We don’t know when these deductions will hit, but we know they are coming.

So it’s all about setting ourselves a platform now. Look at the heartening response from Rooney and the players today - the emotion, the passion, the bravery, the desire. We have to bottle that and take it into each and every game.

If you look at the games up to the end of October, we have a chance to really whittle things down.

If we can be in a position where the deficit is wiped out with 30 games to go, you just never know.

All I want to see is us showing some pride and fighting until the end. Based on today, the signs are good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As unlikely as it may be, to put some actual numbers to it - here's the position in the last 5 seasons of the lowest team that collected 21+ points more than 22nd:

2020/21: 9th
2019/20: 7th
2018/19: 13th
2017/18: 11th
2016/17: 7th

 

So playoff points needed in a competitive year, top-half points minimum. 

Again, not likely - but not insurmountable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Eh? 

The Premier league winner gets a bigger prize than the other teams. It's in the game, it's in the rules. 

Parachute payments are in the rules. 

It may not be fair, but life's often not fair. You just have to accept it. 

Sorry, misunderstanding I think.
 

. I was talking about the fairness in applying FFP rules equally. I don’t think this has happened. There are almost certainly those who have escaped it, those who have breached and others who are likely in breach but don’t seem to have been perused by the EFL, with as much vigour as they have used with us.
 

my additional comment about parachute payments was just to illustrate the farce that is FFP. Sure, you have to suck it up but there’s nothing wrong with agitating for a change of rules in that respect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Derby-county-points-deduction-championship-25018115

21 or 39 the rumoured points deduction keeps rising.

If its either the club should simply step outside the football tribunal realm.

Build a case and take the efl to the national courts. If Derby were to win, it would at the very least damage the efl reputation and the ruling would override a football tribunal.

Legally speaking what Derby did with the amortisation is not illegal, its just that the efl don't like it.

Why should that deserve a 12 point penalty let alone a 21 or 39 point penalty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but the points deduction is largely irrelevant. If the Percy tweet is true about the £26m HMRC debt then I’m really worried we will struggle to get a buyer quickly. How are we going to pay our debts - hopefully there is a payment plan in place we just need to meet, but the £1.5m Mel was putting in every month, who is going to cover this and how will we pay players? The transfer window is shut so we can’t sell players, that leaves assets such as Moor Farm and Pride Park. Didn’t someone say if we don’t meet our obligations then the league could push for Insolvency?

We better hope there is a buyer waiting in the wings (seems not from the club statement) otherwise I fear this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Starting next season in League 1 is not the worst thing that can happen to us, not by any stretch. Starting next season with a club even in League 1 would be a result!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Derby-county-points-deduction-championship-25018115

21 or 39 the rumoured points deduction keeps rising.

If its either the club should simply step outside the football tribunal realm.

Build a case and take the efl to the national courts. If Derby were to win, it would at the very least damage the efl reputation and the ruling would override a football tribunal.

Legally speaking what Derby did with the amortisation is not illegal, its just that the efl don't like it.

Why should that deserve a 12 point penalty let alone a 21 or 39 point penalty.

 

This is what I have feared all along. They did it to Luton and we are next on the Radar. They want us in league 2 or the conference. How in any way is that proportionate ? .. The deductions will be spread over multiple seasons … watch it happen. 

Edited by jono
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, jono said:

This is what I have feared all along. They did it to Luton and we are next on the Radar. They want us in league 2 or the conference. How in any way is that proportionate ? .. The deductions will be spread over multiple seasons … watch it happen. 

That was my point earlier on. We need the points deduction all in one go this season….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure if rumour or has substance.

I dont see how 21 or more points would be justified.

A new owner could become impossible to find if so many points were deducted and given that the clubs in administration.

In such a situation I would recommend not playing another game, what would be the point. The efl would have made it impossible to survive the drop.

Stop playing and Blake the efl, then tell the efl we will see in a proper court of law.

If a legal ruling was made in the clubs favour in a national Court, then that overrides the efl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.