so if RONNEY walks.....

RYRAM

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rooney will likely have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay, administrators will look to get rid of our high earners & he will be top of the list.

Its a free season for him really, just another years experience under his belt with relegation out of his hands

It's probably the best outcome for Rooney - he can leave now and the story will be about the club disappearing from under him, and he won't be judged for the lack of results/goals. He can then start again elsewhere with his reputation in tact

3 hours ago, RYRAM said:

who next in the hot seat? 

for me i can see him leaving and would not blame him. 

think we can tell alot after todays game. 

what a hard job it is god knows who would be in the running. more to the point how makes the choice MEL? 

They will look to promote internally. If they don’t find anyone willing or able they then move to finding an out of work manager that will accept the wage, budget and constraints the administrators put in place.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

We know for certain that Wassall ceased to be a Director of the Academy on 8th September, and this is in the Academy thread. I think it's likely this means he's gone, but some of us are still clutching at straws that it means he's allowed to stay on at the club as an employee. Does anyone know any more official?

Yeah that would have been my hope.

But thinking about it further if that was the process then Rooney would already be out the door.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We know for certain that Wassall ceased to be a Director of the Academy on 8th September, and this is in the Academy thread. I think it's likely this means he's gone, but some of us are still clutching at straws that it means he's allowed to stay on at the club as an employee.

Carl is there a proper source for this? I can't find one. 

1 minute ago, I DONT MIND said:

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the link to the Academy entry at Companies House confirming Wassall is no longer a Director.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10196336/officers

This is the official documentation of Wass's resignation/removal as a Director.

28 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

I did mean Wassall. Can’t see confirmation that he’s left anywhere tho…

7 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

Its on company house for the academy. Wassall status is resigned. Doesn't necessarily mean he left entirely, but wouldnt say its a good sign

Just now, Charlie George said:

He'll end up down the A52.Cat 1 status recently achieved to.

I'm reliably informed that Derby's intake has declined the last 12 - 18 months. Kids going elsewhere ,Burton the surprise club.

How long has Dylan Williams been here?

I suspect DW resigned as a Director to avoid any issues with fiduciary duties and the like (i.e. protecting himself) but definitely could still be an employee and therefore potentially a manager option (it would make (some... maybe) sense if we're to use Academy players for the next 3+ years to have the guy that ran the Academy running the first team) if Rooney is deemed too expensive. I don't see Rooney walking.  

Edited by Raich Carter

4 hours ago, Malty said:

Why not stay?

It Wouldn’t look good if he left.

Nothing to lose of he stay. 

A relegation on his fresh cv won’t look particularly good. Im pretty sure he didn’t sign up for this. I’m sure he was probably hoping to follow the frank Lampard model, have a fairly successful season with us, and when ole got sacked, United would come knocking. Instead he got chucked in at the deep end with us rock bottom in the table, he didn’t have to take it, but he fancied the challenge I guess, but he couldn’t have known at that stage that his challenge would include a 21pt point deduction and a transfer embargo. 

If we’ve got any sort of choice about who we could get in, I’d say we have to start thinking about next season. Someone who is good at working with youth and a limited budget, and someone who knows the level. And anyone who’s already made their name at a higher level isn’t going to come near it, so the likes of Wilder are out of the question.

Nigel Clough anyone?

IF he walks away or is forced out, he should do it with his head held high. A proper gentleman, operating with one and now both hands tied behind his back, yet sees us in the top half of the table. Thanks for your loyalty, hard work and incredible dignity. I wish him a glittering career in management. Just hope more of it is with Derby