so if RONNEY walks.....

RYRAM

I would guess WR would either resign or be asked by the administrators to leave in a negotiated way to cut costs. Only way I see Rooney staying is if he basically decides he's going to do it out of charity (or at the outside chance he has some involvement in a rescue plan, but I'd think that unlikely).

I would think most likely would be the administrators appoint someone on the coaching staff already at the club who is qualified and willing to do it. It's unlikely they'd hire anyone from outside.

2 hours ago, samwcave said:

Maybe an internal promotion within the club. I asked the exact same question to my cousin last night. He said someone like Darren Wassall maybe. To keep the wages low, this would seem like a realistic way to go. 

Hasn’t he gone already?

Some possibilities I can think of:

Rooney - on no/reduced wages

Rosenior 

Pat Lyons - I'm guessing the academy might go now

Wassall

Tony Pulis - probably can't afford him but I can't see him getting another Championship job

Mac - Already at the club. Seems to care for the club, but why would he put himself through all this?

Derek McInnes

Ian Evatt - Would be my preferred choice. Can't think why on earth he'd leave Bolton for us though 

I'm struggling to think of many...

3 hours ago, RYRAM said:

who next in the hot seat? 

for me i can see him leaving and would not blame him. 

think we can tell alot after todays game. 

what a hard job it is god knows who would be in the running. more to the point how makes the choice MEL? 

Meh… we have bigger issues than one manager

8 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

If the administrators decide we can’t afford his wages then he’ll be gone unless he takes massive pay cut I’d imagine. 

And then it prob would be Wass or Rosenior for the reasons mentioned. 

Or give Rammy a stab at it…

Wass as in Wassal? He's already left hasnt he?