How's everyone feeling this morning?

Sheff Ram

When the players came out for the first game this season I had a tear in my eye. It was good to be back. I’m sure there will be heightened emotion today too.

I’m up for it.

It’s actually really simple isn’t it? Support your club or not. I know that those who go today will be amazing, regardless of how we have been run. 

At the moment we have a club to support so let’s make the most of it and support them. 

Edited by RIMBAUD

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Absolutely feeling your pain fella - my kid goes off to uni tomorrow - what a weekend! ?

You miss them like hell and trust me I was horrendous when my eldest went - then when they come back in the holidays they then drive you absolutely nuts. My friend told me this when my eldest went off to start with and I was heartbroken and didnt believe her but it is totally true. Eldest just went back for year 3 - lovely to have home for the hols but then when they go back the peace and lack of total chaos is unbelievable

11 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

When the players came out for the first game this season I had a tear in my eye. It was good to be back. I’m sure there will be heightened emotion today too.

I’m up for it.

It’s actually really simple isn’t it? Support your club or not. I know that those who go today will be amazing, regardless of how we have been run. 

At the moment we have a club to support so let’s make the most of it and support them. 

Nailed it mate .. til the end 

Not bothered about the points deduction. I thought even before that we were probably heading for the drop anyway as injuries, suspensions and general fatigue hit the small squad. Our only chance was to hit a purple patch of early season form to give us a bit of a cushion and we've failed to do that. Even the ever optimistic rooney thinks more than a 9 point deduction basically means we're down so whether it's -12 or -21 I can't see us surviving at all. 

On the ownership front I'm still absolutely furious, upset, and concerned about the future of a club that I've been going to for 20 years. It's something that has given me highs, lows, and some of my fondest memories of my late dad. Yes it's only football but interwoven in that game is a big part of my identity, history and memories giving it substantial meaning and weight. There's absolutely 0 defence of Mel for this and I hope he doesn't show his face at the ground or come anywhere near the club (or preferably the city) again. As fans we should get behind the team but if people before and after the game want to sing mean songs about Mel I honestly don't blame them if for nothing else but catharsis. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wish I was going today. This is when you show your love for your club. Times are harder, and likely going to get harder, but even if the very worst was too happen Derby would rise again.

I cant today either, on child cere duty truth be told i want to go today more than any game before 

I want to show the players were with them, i want to shout, i want to sing,  i want to show my support, i want to feel emotional 

its all just so ducked up

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not bothered about the points deduction. I thought even before that we were probably heading for the drop anyway as injuries, suspensions and general fatigue hit the small squad. Our only chance was to hit a purple patch of early season form to give us a bit of a cushion and we've failed to do that. Even the ever optimistic rooney thinks more than a 9 point deduction basically means we're down so whether it's -12 or -21 I can't see us surviving at all. 

On the ownership front I'm still absolutely furious, upset, and concerned about the future of a club that I've been going to for 20 years. It's something that has given me highs, lows, and some of the fondest memories of my late dad. Yes it's only football but interwoven in that game is a big part of my identity, history and memories that give it substantial meaning and weight. There's absolutely 0 defence of Mel for this and I hope he doesn't show his face at the ground or come anywhere near the club (or preferably the city) again. As fans we should get behind the team but if people before and after the game want to sing mean songs about Mel I honestly don't blame them if for nothing else but catharsis. 

Brilliant post

Mate youve just written my entire emotions

interwoven with the last 30 years plus of Derby are thousands of memories with my late dad .. like yourself

Its almost a new chapter, and end to the pervious one that is washing me with so many emotions a lot of them make me sad as they are no so bitter sweet.

Just wish he was here so we could support each other through this

I rarely get to games these days. Living two hours away, and with a very busy family life (all non football lovers ?) makes it almost impossible.

But like others, I would also have loved to be there today to show my support for the team, and the club that has been such a huge part of my life for the best part of 50 years.

I never saw the best years.

I did however have a season ticket for over twenty years. I was there when the club almost went bust all those years ago. I went to nearly every game home and away in the old third division. I was at the final game at the BBG, and the first game(s) at Pride Park (the actual first game that was abandoned and the first game proper), and I've see us win, and lose at Wembley.

Derby County is in my blood, like so many others on this forum.

The club will survive, it may even come back stronger, who knows.

Strangely, the uncertainty is sometimes what makes it all worth the while. Who'd want to follow a nothing club, never in the news and no history?

I slept pretty well last night, homemade lobster and squash bisque and a glass of a great local beer called  “lunch” last nigh then we watched Ted Lasso and a couple of episodes of Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer gone fishing… the perfect evening, even the shambles at The Supers couldn’t ruin that. 
this morning, bit sure how I feel, wish I was going to the game so badly, looking forward to watching It, and strangely I’m not 100% sure if I will…

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

But after Clough and Taylor left we did go on to win the League again quite soon!  No such phoenix-like recovery this time.

Yes, but at the time it didn’t look like Clough and Taylor could ever be replaced. Mackay taking us to an even higher level was totally unexpected, but the boardroom soon pit paid to that, but Mackay’s departure did not feel as bad as that of his predecessors.

I still feel quite numb to be honest things haven't totally sunk in yet.

I don't know who I'm more upset with, Morris for being a cowardly charlatan and just washing his hands with the mess he's created or the posters on here I've interacted with over the past number of months who would defend Morris to the hilt.

Well, your mask has now slipped and now everyone can see the true person you really are. Sickening. 

Very sad and if I am honest, a little nervous. I intensely dislike mob style anger and hatred which is likely to be very evident this afternoon. I was looking forward to a tough game with a bit of a Dunkirk spirit and the hope that Jack Stretton might find his scoring boots at an opportune moment, this lifting us all. Instead I think there is going to be a lot of negativity - not toward the players but in the ether/miasma/atmosphere around the stadium. 

That apart it’s que sera sera. Luton got -60 points over 3 seasons and ended up in the conference. So that’s worst case scenario unless we do a Bury and just go but with a big fan base like ours I think that is unlikely. Someone can make this work but it’s going to be a long tough road back. I’ll be there to watch and support.

Anyway, life goes on. Mrs J is cooking home made pie tonight, if we win I’ll open a bottle of Barolo I’ve been saving.  There’s a great docu drama about Hugh Hefner that we’ve just started watching and if it’s dry I may get to cut the grass tomorrow and then have a stroll round Markeaton park with the dog. A lot of pleasure to be had in small things.