How's everyone feeling this morning?

Sheff Ram

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Disgusted at some fans really. How come trashing Caroline Flack was wrong, and look what that led to, and yet it’s perfectly fine to say what they like about Mel Morris? 
He’s human, he gambled and lost. 
If I lost one of my family I’d be devastated, if it was my money all gone I’d lose sleep, but over football? Not a chance. 

Agree with the 1st bit to an extent and it shouldn’t go to far, however he deserves some heat for this.

The last part sorry, maybe that’s you. But for a lot of people their football club is their life and this will effect them immensely, so I completely understand the upset and hostility. 

More annoyed this morning having read this and other threads. 

The defense has started of how we got to this point - the optimism that this is somehow good has started. 

It's not good. It's not bad. It's ducking awful. If you like going to watch Derby, the next 3 years are going to be horrible, if you love Derby County, it will hurt even more. 

Conned. That's the word I would use to describe how I feel. Even though I saw it coming, I nearly let people convince me of why the ticket office was shut, why the season tickets have been handled by the game etc. I can't even be arsed to go into it again. 

Tell you what, though, I'm not letting anyone convince me otherwise of where this ends up. I'm not clinging on to the hope we won't get more than 12 points or whatever this season. It matters not. 

Edited by Norman

Sparing a thought for those whose livelihoods are affected by this turmoil and what the possible consequences will do to them.

Secondly the fans, some of whom will find this difficult and affect their moods.

Lastly, a little down but whenever this unravels, ready to support a new Derby County, because the club has always been bigger than its owners, even the ones that fail us more, because at the end of the day, without the fans, the club is nothing, something the next owners need to remember.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Really sad.

Dropped my eldest son off in at Uni for the first time yesterday who I am very close to and get the Derby news over the radio on the way back.  Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Walking around this morning in a bit of a daze - feels like there are 2 big holes in my life!

Pay for his train fare on a few match days, leave it a month and go to see him to let him show off his new city. It gets easier and you get prouder.

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Agree with the 1st bit to an extent and it shouldn’t go to far, however he deserves some heat for this.

The last part sorry, maybe that’s you. But for a lot of people their football club is their life and this will effect them immensely, so I completely understand the upset and hostility. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been going to watch Derby since my grandad took me to the BBG. I’ll watch and wait and I won’t abuse another human being over this. 

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been going to watch Derby since my grandad took me to the BBG. I’ll watch and wait and I won’t abuse another human being over this. 

I do tend to agree with the abuse bit. It was more the lose no sleep over it, I think a lot of people will. 

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

This is what Mel Morris has put us at serious risk of - 'Fan led Bury AFC now play in the North West Counties League'

Unless we find a buyer, that is what we potentially face

IMG_20210918_1019011.jpg

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

This is what Mel Morris has put us at serious risk of - 'Fan led Bury AFC now play in the North West Counties League'

IMG_20210918_1019011.jpg

If they win their game in hand they’ll be “top o the league” I’ll ave summa that!

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

IMG_20210918_1019011.jpg

I know little to nowt about our finances, But, We have a suberb stadium, Training facilities that would put alot of the Premier teams to shame, Future possible crowds of 33,000, A football town, There's people out there with vast amounts of cash that would take a chance, Tomorrow is another day, And hope springs eternal...have faith.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I know little to nowt about our finances, But, We have a suberb stadium, Training facilities that would put alot of the Premier teams to shame, Future possible crowds of 33,000, A football town, There's people out there with vast amounts of cash that would take a chance, Tomorrow is another day, And hope springs eternal...have faith.

Alf, I know what you mean, but didn't Mel separate the ground and the training facilities off ?

Who knows what an administrator will do with those, they may sell them to separate owners

Absolutely heartbroken , my beloved club chased the dream and tragically failed , one thing i would ask of the fans attending Pride Park today is to give your all in support of the team ,Wayne and his coaching staff , along with the fans they are the innocent parties in all of this , i hope and pray that DCFC can get through this and rise again COYR

4 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Alf, I know what you mean, but didn't Mel separate the ground and the training facilities off ?

Who knows what an administrator will do with those, they may sell them to separate owners

I beleive they have gone into Admin also(other posters may know)MSD have loans against them, So in theory MSD become the owners.

Anger really. Fan or not, Mel and co had a responsibility to ensure decisions they made could be backed up long term, and no matter how good something felt in the moment, they were custodians of something they supposedly loved with history.

They got a lot of leeway for those risks other owners wouldn't have received, precisely because they were fans.

That it has ended up like this is a deep and abiding shame, and although I appreciate losing that much money will not be nice and I am sure they are upset, they have failed.

I am also angry at the EFL for being so badly run it has allowed yet another club to go bust. What exactly do they do, other than negotiate bad TV deals and make things worse?

49 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Really sad.

Dropped my eldest son off in at Uni for the first time yesterday who I am very close to and get the Derby news over the radio on the way back.  Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Walking around this morning in a bit of a daze - feels like there are 2 big holes in my life!

Absolutely feeling your pain fella - my kid goes off to uni tomorrow - what a weekend! ?

55 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Really sad.

That's a bit of a double whammy. Hope things buck up for you mate.