How's everyone feeling this morning?

Sheff Ram

Just now, ram59 said:

MM still has a role to play in all this. I would imagine that he is one of the biggest creditors to the club. If this is the case, then if he's prepared to write off this debt, it could help smooth the way for new owners, but couldn't he have done this before?

I dont think he will be.

Not sure how we could have run up some major reported debts if he has been funding the club, as he claims to have been doing.

I slept well, Got up at 6-30am, Went for my 4mile run, Got home, Sat and read this site, Gutted for one poster(ariotofmyown) who's Wife wanted to bail out in July, Thoughts are with you fella, So life goes on, I'm off in town today to see my mates who i've not seen since March last year.

This is going to have a huge impact on some, I'm 65 years old, Life is too short to fall into Anger, Hostility, Hate, One man tried his best chasing his and our dreams, The house of cards have come falling down.

Go and support DCFC, There's people who are going to lose their jobs, Think of these people.

COYR.

To add to what I’ve said already the fans need to be careful today. We’re already in a lot of trouble. How we behave today will help build or destroy the image of the club. Sure we’re angry. Sure we’re hurting. But we should be a positive force today.

We don’t need drunken yobs tarnishing the name of the club through their actions.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I dont think he will be.

Not sure how we could have run up some major reported debts if he has been funding the club, as he claims to have been doing.

This is what FFP should really focus on - when owners claim to be funding the club, an awful lot are simply making loans to the club which they fully expect to get paid back. If they want to put money in, fine - but it should be a gift with no expectation of a return....

We're now at a point where the club's incoome is over £1M a month below the amount needed to service those loans and the others taken out by the owner with the club as security (and also pay the day-to-day running costs (of a club with a skeleton staff and players on relatively low wages)).

The fans have been sold the image of Mel as some benevolent uncle kindly donating his cash to his beloved club, while he fought a valiant battle against the evil EFL dragon. It seems the truth is anything but - guess it was the supporters he really had on strings....

51 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Disgusted at some fans really. How come trashing Caroline Flack was wrong, and look what that led to, and yet it’s perfectly fine to say what they like about Mel Morris? 
He’s human, he gambled and lost. 
If I lost one of my family I’d be devastated, if it was my money all gone I’d lose sleep, but over football? Not a chance. 

What would you suggest? A minutes applause?

Of course the huge difference here is that Caroline Flack did nothing to affect ordinary people's lives.

Mel Morris (net worth £500m) has treated us like his train set and now decided to cast us aside and leaving ordinary people to pick up the tab.

To make it worse, for the last 18 months he has lied and strung them ordinary people along.

His acts are despicable and as much as I dont like seeing people abused, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

This is what FFP should really focus on - when owners claim to be funding the club, an awful lot are simply making loans to the club which they fully expect to get paid back. If they want to put money in, fine - but it should be a gift with no expectation of a return....

We're now at a point where the club's incoome is over £1M a month below the amount needed to service those loans and the others taken out by the owner with the club as security (and also pay the day-to-day running costs (of a club with a skeleton staff and players on relatively low wages)).

The fans have been sold the image of Mel as some benevolent uncle kindly donating his cash to his beloved club, while he fought a valiant battle against the evil EFL dragon. It seems the truth is anything but - guess it was the supporters he really had on strings....

To be fair that was the case up until at least 30 June 2018.

I think it may now becoming obvious why we have failed to file any accounts since that point in time and were hiding behind the excuse of EFL charges and Covid.

30 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats the thing that gets me … theres talk of a 2 year embargo … have we not served 18 months of that sentence already ???

Worst possible sanctions make headlines more clickable. 

We already know the EFL can make rules up as they go along. 

A 2 year transfer embargo would finish the club, no buyer would want to touch us

Not floating around in my usual glass-half-full mood, but given what else is happening in the world and what has happened over the last 18 months to other people, including stuff that family and friends are currently going through, I'll get over it.

I'd just like to see some kind of stability restored as soon as practicably possible at DCFC, and to start again whatever division that happens to be in.

Still stunned from administration actually occurring in the manner it has...

Off to the match today though and hoping that my season tickets still allow me entrance into the ground and that they will continue to do so.

poo times for the fans,I just desperately hope it doesn't lead to liquidation...I can cope with just about every other scenario but that would be the end for what we know as Derby County.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I slept well, Got up at 6-30am, Went for my 4mile run, Got home, Sat and read this site, Gutted for one poster(ariotofmyown) who's Wife wanted to bail out in July, Thoughts are with you fella, So life goes on, I'm off in town today to see my mates who i've not seen since March last year.

This is going to have a huge impact on some, I'm 65 years old, Life is too short to fall into Anger, Hostility, Hate, One man tried his best chasing his and our dreams, The house of cards have come falling down.

Go and support DCFC, There's people who are going to lose their jobs, Think of these people.

COYR.

Just taken a phone call to say an old friend had passed away...Sad times indeed?