How's everyone feeling this morning?

Sheff Ram

I know we all knew there were issues with the finances and the accounts and we were going to cop a points deduction. But did any of us think it would be this bad?

Maybe we were all in denial. But with the likleyhood of a minus 21 points deduction and certain relegation the shock waves reach beyond this. This season will be a dead rubber, Rooney is unlikely to stay (can't blame him TBH) and we'll sell players in the January transfer window.

I'm sure what the future looks like will start to unfold in coming weeks and months. When I woke up this morning I felt like I was still I'm the middle of a bad dream. But no. It's reality. The future of the club we all love and cherish is teetering at the brink. 

So this one goes out to all of you fellow Rams fans. Take care, try and stay positive and in adversity let's stick together as this wonderful club has some of the best fans in the land.

Yours Sheff Ram x

Edited by Sheff Ram
Typo

Bloody terrible mate

Was up til 1am just ploughing through everything in total disbelief

woke up at 5 and half asleep genuinely thought id dreamt it… then it hit me 

i dont have words to describe it other than what the duck

and this is only the beggining this mess and the fall out could and will hamper us for years 

jesus 

Edited by NottsRam77

Excited at the prospect of seeing a resurgence of Derby County Football Club.

So many things have been shaken in the past year and there is a need to “Awake and strengthen that which remains.”

Fifty years ago we were the top team in the country.

Forty years ago Forest ruled the roost.

Recently our manager was the most successful player in England.

Forever changes…..that’s life!

I'm not convinced we will receive the full -21 deduction. -12 is a given, but with Mel out the picture, will the EFL drop all previous charges as we secure new ownership?

Reading the EFL's recent statement on Swindon Town:

An EFL Spokesperson said: “Whilst this decision relates to a period when the Club was under different ownership, the EFL has a responsibility to treat all cases of misconduct equally and has taken the appropriate course of action in line with its Regulations. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-swindon-town

This does for once make sense from the EFL, and whilst I admit to not reading through the pages of regulations, it's something I am holding on to as whilst -12 will be no easy feat to survive given the state of the squad, -21 would be simply impossible.

Having been under embargo for the best part of a year and a -12 points deduction, has the club not been punished enough now.

The clubs statement last night ended with what sounded like a plea to leave us be now, Mel's going, let the club rebuild.

Still trying to get my head around what it all means. Surely if the players don’t get paid that will be a breach of contract and they can leave as free agents, basically walk away. The new ownership needs sorting ASAP if there are interested parties out there. I just hope we still have a football club to support once this is all sorted out, whatever division we are in. Very sad and worrying times.

3 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Excited at the prospect of seeing a resurgence of Derby County Football Club.

So many things have been shaken in the past year and there is a need to “Awake and strengthen that which remains.”

Fifty years ago we were the top team in the country.

Forty years ago Forest ruled the roost.

Recently our manager was the most successful player in England.

Forever changes…..that’s life!

Yep. Sometimes in life a kick in the pants is a wake up call. We have been sleepwalking our way towards this for a while. Whilst not having the quality now, we seem to have got rid of some of our flakier players. We have some great youngsters which we need to fight tooth and nail to keep (please, Mr/ Mrs Administrator).

As cricketer Derek Randall once said ‘We shall rise like a pheasant from the ashes’.

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

I know we all knew there were issues with the finances and the accounts and we were going to cop a points deduction. But did any of us think it would be this bad?

Maybe we were all in denial. But with the likleyhood of a minus 21 points deduction and certain relegation the shock waves reach beyond this. This season will be a dead rubber, Rooney is unlikely to stay (can't blame him TBH) and we'll sell players in the January transfer window.

I'm sure what the future looks like will start to unfold in coming weeks and months. When I woke up this morning I felt like I was still I'm the middle of a bad dream. But no. It's reality. The future of the club we all love and cherish is teetering at the brink. 

So this one goes out to all of you fellow Rams fans. Take care, try and stay positive and in adversity let's stick together as this wonderful club has some of the best fans in the land.

Yours Sheff Ram x

It’s going to be a tough weekend - my beloved club is being dumped into administration and my only child is going off to start uni tomorrow ☹️
However, my kid will be back in 36 months by which time the Rams will hopefully have had a couple of years of competent ownership with an exciting young team on the pitch and we will be filling three quarters of the stands at places like Shrewsbury & Plymouth en route back to the Championship!

Despite how it is at the moment and how it might be for a while the post-Morris future will be bright! 

COYR!

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I just feel numb - and this afternoon feels more like I’ll be going to a wake than a football match……

That’s my sentiments exactly @Gaspode

Dont know how we can lift the spirits on or around the pitch.

The players and their professionalism is about to be tested to the utmost, I hope they can keep their heads up and play with some dignity and integrity.
There’s a 2 people within our club who should hang their heads in shame but the fans, employees, manager, coaching staff and players are not one of them. 

COME ON YOU ducking RAMS ? 

Disgusted at some fans really. How come trashing Caroline Flack was wrong, and look what that led to, and yet it’s perfectly fine to say what they like about Mel Morris? 
He’s human, he gambled and lost. 
If I lost one of my family I’d be devastated, if it was my money all gone I’d lose sleep, but over football? Not a chance.