Administration - In practical terms

EtoileSportiveDeDerby

Apologies for another thread, but away from the anger, moaning etc. I just thought may be a thread where people who know and can post for people like me who are no accountant, dont really know what the implications are, and in reality what is likely to happen.

Point deductions, "just a case" of how many as i understand it?

ST, @RadioactiveWaste posted saying should carry on as is

club gets sold for a quid?

How long can we stay in adminstration for, is there a minimum or an upper limit? Does it take long to appoint administrators?

can players go as they want?

can other clubs come in and buy our player even though transfer window is shut?

can we get players in?

Non playing staff, is there a limit on % they can get rid off?

can we keep our cat 1 Academy or it gets demoted? 

Likely impact on academy, saw that DW might be gone?

My take on that is yes , theyve been appointed to sell the club on to someone who can save it/ take it forward

so i assume the price they get for it is the last thing on the list of priorities

so in essence mel is writing off Derby county as an asset 

please dont take that as gospel its only my uneducated views 

maybe .. maybe guys mels health has taken a turn and he just wants out and doesnt need all this in his life and whatever remains of it

I dont know .. its just all awful

My company at the moment is in administration and its not good they are in total control of everything 

they make redundant anyone they feel is not needed to run things on a day today basis

they penny pinch everything and only release any funds to assist the day to day running 

all funds that come in are payed out to the top of the food chain and filter down anyone at the bottom forget it i've had angry people 

come up to me demanding they get paid before they will release even rubbish bins

we are waiting for a takeover but unless they see proof of funds to there satisfaction they do not care

all our factory assets are now being auctioned for way less than they are worth 

and it is all because the person that took over a well run family firm was out of control with the finances but thought he new best

i know football is a bit different to real life but unless they get a buyer soon its gonna be a depressing place to go to, the little man will always suffer in administration

Maybe the administrators will see sense and open the ticket office properly, get some staff in (relatively low casuist as these will be zero hours minimum wage staff as it was before the pandemic) and try and sell more tickets, to bring more revenue in. The extra revenue may at least help run the day to day staffing operations.

1 hour ago, YoxallRam said:

We’re losing £1.5m a month

My interpretation was that we WERE losing £1.5m a month and it's less now.

£20m drop in revenue during the 15-ish months without fans in grounds, so round that off to £15m for last season. We had a pre-covid income of £30m, so £1.5m pm meant total costs last season were around the £33m mark.

Maybe I've misinterpreted previous tweets though.

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

maybe .. maybe guys mels health has taken a turn and he just wants out and doesnt need all this in his life and whatever remains of it

And that is one of the reasons I refuse to condemn the guy at the moment.

We're all staring at the tip of an iceberg with ⅘ buries under the surface.

Other than we're FUBAR, we really don't know that much of what has been happening behind the scenes.

Nevertheless, Mel has been tried, convicted and sentenced by many on here even though they know the CPS still has a mountain of evidence to put before the court.

Mel may very well be everything people are accusing him of, and if that is the case, then ugh, I don't know what to say.

But I'd rather know for sure than look like a clown if he is in poor health and stressed senseless, or that he is running out of his own money because he's leveraged up to the eyeballs.

59 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

And that is one of the reasons I refuse to condemn the guy at the moment.

We're all staring at the tip of an iceberg with ⅘ buries under the surface.

Other than we're FUBAR, we really don't know that much of what has been happening behind the scenes.

Nevertheless, Mel has been tried, convicted and sentenced by many on here even though they know the CPS still has a mountain of evidence to put before the court.

Mel may very well be everything people are accusing him of, and if that is the case, then ugh, I don't know what to say.

But I'd rather know for sure than look like a clown if he is in poor health and stressed senseless, or that he is running out of his own money because he's leveraged up to the eyeballs.

All very commendable but if that's the case why didn't the press release say that yesterday rather than blame everyone else