Rate Mels tenure from 1 to 10

MackworthRamIsGod

For me he gets a 2 …. Not 1 ? 

Why not the one ? Simply this .. The 3 amigos were crooks that took money from the club and we were lucky that the “league of gentlemen” were there to pull us out of the mire 

Mels tenure has after some nearly moments ended in a terrible tragic mess. A fool and his money are easily parted. I get the feeling that he maybe vain and this has been his / our downfall. He got in deeper than he thought and found that juggling didn’t work 

I also understand that he has been seriously ill and the pandemic was a land mine going off in your back garden. Add in the stupidity of FFP / P and S which encourages reckless behaviour in a mad desire to break in to the prem while at the same time protecting relegated clubs via parachute payments.

We see gambling as a disease and gamblers victims of that .. All could at least philosophically be applied to Mel. It sounds daft but communication issues apart I bear no ill will, he tried, he failed, he made monumental errors of judgement in selecting advisors, managers, and executives. 

Once the short term anger has dissolved I just feel sadness.

I'd have scored a point if I believed Mel had some humility. The latest Club statement confirms he doesn't. 

I personally never liked the fact our chairman courted as much publicity as he did. He enjoyed his profile while the times were good that is for sure. Talk Sport appearances, self-appointed spokesperson for the League seemingly etc. But the measure of a man isn't how visible you are when things are going great; it is how you conduct yourself while times are trying that defines your character. Doubtless he has clearly had health issues (which I wish upon noone) but I suspect he would've' been perfectly able enough to pick up a phone on Thursday/Friday AM and tell Wayne directly of the situation the club was in. And indeed other staff who have worked for him. He owed them that. It takes bravery to do this and in doing so admit your failing but he absolved himself of that responsibility and allowed the press to do this work for him. Absolute disgrace, shocking and disgusting. 0/10 as a result.

The fact we as a club have lost our stadium to this man and now face the prospect, should we survive, of paying rent to the guy who walked away from HIS debts left in OUR club is the true measure of Mel Morris.