Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

So some intresting facts and a lot still left unsaid.

I cannot see why Derby would be excluded from funds that were given due to Covid, Could the £8.5m held Administration at Bay?

It is true that in the Championship Derby would have been affected more than most due to their fanbase hence bigger losses, £20m is no suprise.

I dont think that we can blame the EFL for challenging us over the valuation (not the sale) of PP  as it was larger than everyone elses. So if we lost a new owner over it then .........  

I think Gibson's role in this and the pressure he was able to bring needs looking at. No one should be able to interfere with the workings of the EFL.

We are likely to have a 12 point deduction but we can show that it was exceptional circumstances so the EFL can be forgiving due to the circumstances that they had a part in.  

You can tell that the EFL feared this would happen, they have asked Mel to committ for the year and sked for a business plan.

Onto other clubs, the likes of Stoke and Reading have enourmous overspends and that cannot be all due to Covid. They must be waiting for a 12+ point deductions. Others must be struggling so I dont think we will be alone on minus points. 

I do feel that the EFL have things to answer here and it would not suprise me if that was in court. We well overspent for a couple of years but they (EFL) have not acted in an honourable and acceptable manner.

I dont think this is over yet  

It’s interesting isn’t it, dependant on what has actually happened it might not be a surprise if MM takes a private legal case against the EFL on certain issues or indeed other owners again dependant on what we don’t know. Because now he doesn’t actually own us he can do that if he wants to.

14 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I cannot see why Derby would be excluded from funds that were given due to Covid, Could the £8.5m held Administration at Bay?

This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/december/efl-and-premier-league-statement-rescue-package-agreed/

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s interesting isn’t it, dependant on what has actually happened it might not be a surprise if MM takes a private legal case against the EFL on certain issues or indeed other owners again dependant on what we don’t know. Because now he doesn’t actually own us he can do that if he wants to.

MM can’t really sue the EFl but the administrators could. There’s an argument that their duties require them to do so if there is a case.  If.  Perhaps Pearce was dumped from the EFL board because he had too much visibility into the shenanigans of Gibson and the like...   Nothing like a good conspiracy 

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So is it just my thinking or are we no better being brought in admin than if Mel had carried in running it. With dell and co we are still circa 50 to 60 million in debt. We don’t own our stadium and now are certain to go down with 12 points added on. 

If they add further points I would agree we are a cert for relegation but a win today and then the 12 off leaves us on minus 2 that is recoverable provided a takeover is done reasonably swiftly. 

I would imagine the purposed punishments will be resisted and appealed both by the admin or future owners they have nothing to lose by doing so. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

wtf really? Wow 

u know his recruitment, contract negotiation and vested interest in his wasserman group are part of the reason were in this mess 

oh and mrs ince who he paid for scouting

he was charged with running football matters for mel while he was here and basically ducked us to line his other interests

He paid me for advice ?

Oh and don’t think for one minute, all those things don’t happen at pretty much every club to some degree and all with the Chairman’s knowledge and blessing. Not totally blameless though.

54 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

So some intresting facts and a lot still left unsaid.

It is true that in the Championship Derby would have been affected more than most due to their fanbase hence bigger losses, £20m is no suprise.

I dont think that we can blame the EFL for challenging us over the valuation (not the sale) of PP  as it was larger than everyone elses. So if we lost a new owner over it then .........  

I think Gibson's role in this and the pressure he was able to bring needs looking at. No one should be able to interfere with the workings of the EFL.

We are likely to have a 12 point deduction but we can show that it was exceptional circumstances so the EFL can be forgiving due to the circumstances that they had a part in.  

You can tell that the EFL feared this would happen, they have asked Mel to committ for the year and sked for a business plan.

Onto other clubs, the likes of Stoke and Reading have enourmous overspends and that cannot be all due to Covid. They must be waiting for a 12+ point deductions. Others must be struggling so I dont think we will be alone on minus points. 

I do feel that the EFL have things to answer here and it would not suprise me if that was in court. We well overspent for a couple of years but they (EFL) have not acted in an honourable and acceptable manner.

I dont think this is over yet  

What's our defence going to be - our chairman is an utter charlatan and couldn't run a pee up in a brewery then decides to run away from the issues he's created.

Good luck with that one. 

39 minutes ago, David said:

This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/december/efl-and-premier-league-statement-rescue-package-agreed/

Be interesting if Hull and Reading et all got the money. It's typical financial crap, 'if you show us you have 'funds' we'll lend you the money you need' bananas.

The EFL could have staved off our admin process by lending the £8.3m (from the Prem?) knowing that as the loan was a 'football debt' it would have to be repaid. Their made up rules, their enforcement!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be interesting if Hull and Reading et all got the money. It's typical financial crap, 'if you show us you have 'funds' we'll lend you the money you need' bananas.

The EFL could have staved off our admin process by lending the £8.3m (from the Prem?) knowing that as the loan was a 'football debt' it would have to be repaid. Their made up rules, their enforcement!

They obviously know more about our finances than we do, i haven't seen anywhere in the media about other owners being asked for assurances that they will fund the club for the upcoming season.

1 hour ago, thelovebelow said:

The statement was very carefully worded. It wasn't an accident covid 19 was mentioned so many times. It also states the club would have been profitable had it not been for covid. All intentional. 

There is a section in the Efl according to the guardian that mentions special circumstances and administration. 

A part of me thinks the deal with the investors might still go through and the whole thing is planned. 

...Maybe I'm clutching at straws. Desperation does that to a person. 

That's an interesting angle. Didn't Stoke City use covid as a 'special circumstance' to recently write down millions worth of player value for FFP

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not sure what their reasoning would have been for including that, doesn't make much sense but then so little of this does.