Sheffield United tickets

SamUltraRam

18 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Allocation is 1500.

Charge £37 probably get 800 away fans = about 30k gate receipts.

Charge £20 will sell out easily = 30k gate receipts. Plus double the amount of fans buying over priced food and drink.

I don’t get it?!

They'd be a riot if the home season ticket holders found out that the away fans were getting charged less than the average match day price of their season ticket

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

They'd be a riot if the home season ticket holders found out that the away fans were getting charged less than the average match day price of their season ticket

I think “riot” is a little strong.

I have a season ticket and would have no problem with away fans being charged less than my pro-rata match day price.

An away day is a totally different thing, the overall cost is much higher and the more away fans there are the better the atmosphere which can only be a good thing for everyone’s match day experience.

6 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

You sound quite selfish sometimes, some people can't afford this extortionate price

I think you’re being a little unfair and don’t think that makes @B4ev6is sound selfish. He, and his dad, may not be too pleased with paying that price and may well sympathise with those that can’t afford it but he is just saying he will go regardless.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do they still sell student tickets up to the age of 24 for £5 and season tickets for £90.  More expensive for a pint before the game than going.  That's ok and fills seats but is always laughable when used as an attendance stick. 

That reminds me, I must get rid of all those £100 quid phones I supposedly got for free with match tickets.  I've got at least 4 van loads to take to the tip.

Season tickets 4-11 £35 12-17 £90 youth 18-24 £140 anywhere in the ground 

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well me and my dad will be going regardless of the price.

There lies the problem. Fans still pay it.

Empty stands cause actions. 

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well me and my dad will be going regardless of the price.

This is why club's will keep getting away with charging prices like this, some fans will pay to watch their team no matter what. Each to their own but the issue will never go away unfortunately. 

Look on the bright side : beer's cheap in Sheff (if you drink Real Ale) and it's a great day out. Its a cheaper day out than paying £20 entrance at Fulham but £5-6 a pint, particularly when you factor in travel costs as well (Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket £13.40/£6.70 for over 60s).

To be fair to @B4ev6is and other Derby County faithful, they will go to every game they can. Spending on football is prioritised over everything else. 

We have taken a big economic hit during lockdown (I have no wage or pension at all) so we're having to be selective.

I hate not being at games, feel bad not being there to support the team so I don't want to pretend I wouldn't go to these games in protest if I could easily afford them all.

@Crewton - the beer isn't compulsory! ?

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

To be fair to @B4ev6is and other Derby County faithful, they will go to every game they can. Spending on football is prioritised over everything else. 

We have taken a big economic hit during lockdown (I have no wage or pension at all) so we're having to be selective.

I hate not being at games, feel bad not being there to support the team so I don't want to pretend I wouldn't go to these games in protest if I could easily afford them all.

@Crewton - the beer isn't compulsory! ?

That's fair enough, if you can afford to prioritise football then that's great and if you want to pay £37 for a game of football then fine. 

Just annoys me when I see some fans moan about that crazy price but still pay it? There has to be a line somewhere but the issue will never go away if fans still go.