How many more points required?

Taribo

Average number of points to be crowned champions: 94 points

Average number of points to reach play-offs: 74 points

Average number of points to avoid relegation: 47 points

At our current rate of 7 points from 7 games we're on course to finish on 46 (excluding any points deductions), just another 38 nil-nils and a sneaky 1-0 somewhere and we'll be fine. 

Just now, Taribo said:

At our current rate of 7 points from 7 games we're on course to finish on 46 (excluding any points deductions), just another 38 nil-nils and a sneaky 1-0 somewhere and we'll be fine. 

what a relief, I was quite worried before your reassuring post?

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

Think we’ll look very different after January 

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Think we’ll look very different after January 

Good thing you didn’t attach a year to that!

I have zero faith the accounts / embargo / takeover will be sorted by next January to enable us to push on again…sad state of affairs to feel like that when it’s still months away, but there’s not much, based on previous record, to inspire confidence… 

1 minute ago, Mountain Ram said:

I have zero faith the accounts / embargo / takeover will be sorted by next January to enable us to push on again…sad state of affairs to feel like that when it’s still months away, but there’s not much, based on previous record, to inspire confidence… 

Agree with this. No faith whatsoever in our or the EFL's ability to sort this out in the next three months.

37 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Well you are right to suggest that all the time pressure is on us, and none on the EFl. Negotiating with them is pushing on a piece of string. 

Above 57 points should keep us safe even if we got a point deduction as I cannot see that being the full 12. 

So 50 more points required from 39 games, 1.2 points a game - 13 wins & 11 draws - that's 3 more wins & 4 more draws than last year

Edited by DCFC1388

Perhaps we should look at the games to January and the opening of a new transfer window? There are 18 to play until then and I’d say we need to be on at least 20 points net of any punishments to be in the survival mix.

If by Jan 1st we were through the EFL mangle, free to do some trading and on at least 20 points, I’d say we had a decent chance of staying up.

I think we should just monitor by being one or a point ahead of how many games we've played. We've played 7 and have 7 points. If we keep heading at that sort of pace, barring any point deduction, hopefully that will be enough to see us through.

50 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Is he on a free?

Was crucified last time out by Roma, but on the plus side he is prepared to die for all our sins, or more specifically, Pearce's accounting sins, and that is the kind of commitment Rooney respects in a player.

Points wise, i think 52 would do it + whatever deduction we "negotiate". Having got 7 already that leaves us 45 (+) to get. Certainly do-able provided we don't negotiate something daft.....however, it's not how many points you have, it's having more than three other teams that counts.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste