Stoke at home

Derby blood

24 minutes ago, wombatram said:

Random question, after tonight’s news I want to show my support tomorrow (in person) and bring me young lads with me. Tried to book online and it’s will only allow one ticket? Is that normal?

Yes that is normal mate you need create I'd accounts and email address for them also.

I think you have 1pm tomorrow to do it.

Good luck to the team tomorrow.

I hope that everything that goes on is in the best tradiations.

I seriously hope that Rooney and staff and players get the love and affection they deserve - they are not responsible for this.

I don't get to many games due to distance and commentments - but when I do next get to a match, it's going to mean so much more.

That, and probably bring in Knight instead of Shinned in central midfield.

Needless to say, today's game is huge.

If we lose, we lose, but we need to see the players leave everything on the pitch, IF they do that, as Wigan did, dare I say we stand a chance of surviving, albeit a slim chance.

Now if they walk out, heads down looking defeated then it's finished, we're down without a fight and I fear Rooney will walk despite showing incredible loyalty so far. 

The players need to step up for him, if not for us, and we, as fans, love him or hate him need to give him all the backing we can starting from today. 

We do not want to be on the lookout for a new manager whilst in administration, a squad full of kids.

-12 is a given, we know that's coming as it's been confirmed, however if the EFL write off all the other potential punishment as they did with Swindon due to new ownership, we may be in a position to bring in some new faces in January.

Let's be honest, the EFL are not out to punish us, the fans, the club itself. Their crosshairs are lined squarely on Mel's forehead. If he's out the picture, they may lower their weapons.

Understand this is all very optimistic given what has happened, the odds are not stacked in our favour, however I can't sit here and demand the players do not walk on to the pitch today already defeated whilst having that attitude myself.

If there ever was a time for siege mentality, this is it. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Needless to say, today's game is huge.

If we lose, we lose, but we need to see the players leave everything on the pitch, IF they do that, as Wigan did, dare I say we stand a chance of surviving, albeit a slim chance.

Now if they walk out, heads down looking defeated then it's finished, we're down without a fight and I fear Rooney will walk despite showing incredible loyalty so far. 

The players need to step up for him, if not for us, and we, as fans, love him or hate him need to give him all the backing we can starting from today. 

We do not want to be on the lookout for a new manager whilst in administration, a squad full of kids.

-12 is a given, we know that's coming as it's been confirmed, however if the EFL write off all the other potential punishment as they did with Swindon due to new ownership, we may be in a position to bring in some new faces in January.

Let's be honest, the EFL are not out to punish us, the fans, the club itself. Their crosshairs are lined squarely on Mel's forehead. If he's out the picture, they may lower their weapons.

Understand this is all very optimistic given what has happened, the odds are not stacked in our favour, however I can't sit here and demand the players do not walk on to the pitch today already defeated whilst having that attitude myself.

If there ever was a time for siege mentality, this is it. 

I admire these sentiments and your refusal to take a defeated brain state. If Wayne and the players do this, we could feel much closer to them and prouder of them. However, to get to January in decent shape will be very difficult. Then we will lose all our assets. Even if we can trade, the disruption is huge. It would be one of the greatest escapes ever if we didn't get relegated.  We should fight it but not fear it.  Sadly I fear this season is mostly meaningful in terms of how we reset and rebuild and who will be involved. This is a painful but riveting part of the ongoing epic story of our club. The rebuild and restoration could be thrilling and more meaningful for it.

5 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I admire these sentiments and your refusal to take a defeated brain state. If Wayne and the players do this, we could feel much closer to them and prouder of them. However, to get to January in decent shape will be very difficult. Then we will lose all our assets. Even if we can trade, the disruption is huge. It would be one of the greatest escapes ever if we didn't get relegated.  We should fight it but not fear it.  Sadly I fear this season is mostly meaningful in terms of how we reset and rebuild and who will be involved. This is a painful but riveting part of the ongoing epic story of our club. The rebuild and restoration could be thrilling and more meaningful for it.

This really depends on how long the administration process takes, we know nobody can buy the club in the next 28 days which puts us into mid October. 

Would a clean slate and reduced price ensure a sale before the January window?

Difficult to say right now, as I say, trying to be optimistic 

1 minute ago, David said:

This really depends on how long the administration process takes, we know nobody can buy the club in the next 28 days which puts us into mid October. 

Would a clean slate and reduced price ensure a sale before the January window?

Difficult to say right now, as I say, trying to be optimistic 

I really appreciate it tbh.