Stoke at home

Derby blood

Who will be fit enough after last nights battle ? 

Roos 

Bryne.    Jagielka.      Davies.      Buchanan    

Knight.     Shinnie 

Morrison 

Jozwiak.               Sibley.            Lawrence 

Stretton and Baldock will replace Sibley and Jozwiak anyway in the second half knight has to play if still ok 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Which means a person will be arrested for wearing a loud shirt in a built up area on matchday

Ha ! So you remember that sketch too ?

Being in possession of an offensive wife

Loitering with intent to use a zebra crossing 

Wearing a loud shirt after 11.00 PM 

Looking at me in a funny way 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I suspect it would end up being a 4-3-3 anyway because of Morrison's tendency to come deep & then move up the park.

Sort of but not quite. In a 433 Bird's starting position being more central is important because he's more often starting in a position that will have more viable passing options especially given that the two midfielders infront of him provide that option to progress forwards. It also gives Knight more license to get forwards both from a pressing perspective and a movement perspective. What that means is when Morrison does drop deep occassionally we still have the same number of players in forward areas.

Ideally, I'd prefer him to stay as a number 10 & utilise his creativity and quick feet in their final third - it would also open space for Sibley & Jozwiak and get him closer to Lawrence.

This I sort of disagree with but it takes a little explaining. Morrison dropping deep is both a feature and a bug right now. We actually do want him to drop deep a bit because by doing so it does one of two things; it either pulls their midfield with him opening space for the wide attackers to drift into to exploit or they don't follow him in which case he picks the ball up in acres of space and has the ability to then turn and drive at them. If he remains relatively rigid in position the wide attackers have to stay wide or else it congests that space in the centre and ultimately finding players in space gets harder and it's easier to mark up. But when I say drop deep I don't mean "drop parrallel with Bird" he should still be providing an option forwards (for the most part at least, there is an amount of flexibility). The reason that I think you see him drop that deep right now is because he's compensating for that our build up play is often faulty due to the targettable imbalance in midfield caused by Shinnie.

Bird is capable of quality through the lines into the front 4 & Knight is a decent 'fetcher & carrier' so would think it unnecessary for Ravel to come as deep as he has so far this season.

I mostly agree here but you do tend to need at least two of your midfielders actively looking to get on the ball, often in deep areas, because otherwise it can be easy to shut down. Knight helps alleviate that by being better on the ball than Shinnie but we do still need Morrison to drop deep on occasion (but like I said before just not as deep as he has been doing ideally).

16 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Back by popular demand. 

After a hard fought point against WBA, now we turn our attentions to Stoke at home on Saturday, if we show the same heart, and a little bit more care in front of goal i believe we will win this 2-0, goals from Jozwiak and Lawrence, 3 points on saturday, could give this team a real confidence boost. 

Less effort like the first time please??hopefully winner stays on

43 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Sort of but not quite. In a 433 Bird's starting position being more central is important because he's more often starting in a position that will have more viable passing options especially given that the two midfielders infront of him provide that option to progress forwards. It also gives Knight more license to get forwards both from a pressing perspective and a movement perspective. What that means is when Morrison does drop deep occassionally we still have the same number of players in forward areas.

This I sort of disagree with but it takes a little explaining. Morrison dropping deep is both a feature and a bug right now. We actually do want him to drop deep a bit because by doing so it does one of two things; it either pulls their midfield with him opening space for the wide attackers to drift into to exploit or they don't follow him in which case he picks the ball up in acres of space and has the ability to then turn and drive at them. If he remains relatively rigid in position the wide attackers have to stay wide or else it congests that space in the centre and ultimately finding players in space gets harder and it's easier to mark up. But when I say drop deep I don't mean "drop parrallel with Bird" he should still be providing an option forwards (for the most part at least, there is an amount of flexibility). The reason that I think you see him drop that deep right now is because he's compensating for that our build up play is often faulty due to the targettable imbalance in midfield caused by Shinnie.

I mostly agree here but you do tend to need at least two of your midfielders actively looking to get on the ball, often in deep areas, because otherwise it can be easy to shut down. Knight helps alleviate that by being better on the ball than Shinnie but we do still need Morrison to drop deep on occasion (but like I said before just not as deep as he has been doing ideally).

Good points well made ?

Would agree that we don't want Morrison rigid at 10 but like you say, he has been too deep at times (because of Shinnie's presence). Ravel does have that ability to create/hurt teams in that final third & my concern is it'd be all too easy for Stoke to sit in if we have too many numbers deep playing in front of them. Our biggest problem is scoring goals & to be honest, creating clear cut chances. This is something that needs sorting quickly as defensively the 'psychological pressure' will intensify if we know we're unlikely to score - I think this started to seep into the team the last 10/15 games of last season.

Knight's presence should help though & further on the horizon we have the prospect of Bielik alongside Bird in midfield which should release Ravel even more to make meaningful final 3rd contributions (without losing control of midfield/possession)

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Who will be fit enough after last nights battle ? 

Roos 

Bryne.    Jagielka.      Davies.      Buchanan    

Knight.     Shinnie 

Morrison 

Jozwiak.               Sibley.            Lawrence 

Stretton and Baldock will replace Sibley and Jozwiak anyway in the second half knight has to play if still ok 

I think they'll be tired after all that effort so I am glad we've had the extra day.

WBA were physical but not dirty, so hopefully nobody is 'crocked'. 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Good points well made ?

Would agree that we don't want Morrison rigid at 10 but like you say, he has been too deep at times (because of Shinnie's presence). Ravel does have that ability to create/hurt teams in that final third & my concern is it'd be all too easy for Stoke to sit in if we have too many numbers deep playing in front of them. Our biggest problem is scoring goals & to be honest, creating clear cut chances. This is something that needs sorting quickly as defensively the 'psychological pressure' will intensify if we know we're unlikely to score - I think this started to seep into the team the last 10/15 games of last season.

Knight's presence should help though & further on the horizon we have the prospect of Bielik alongside Bird in midfield which should release Ravel even more to make meaningful final 3rd contributions (without losing control of midfield/possession)

I mostly agree. My hope is the goals start to come once the build up properly clicks into place consistently because the times that it has done we've looked like creating chances (hull, first half Middlesbrough, first half forest), we've just not taken them.

Most of the time when we've not created chances this season we are struggling to get things going at all. The best example of this is the second half against forest when we get penned in and our build up broke down, we stopped creating at the same frequency but the few times we did break through we cut them open.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I think they'll be tired after all that effort so I am glad we've had the extra day.

WBA were physical but not dirty, so hopefully nobody is 'crocked'. 

Dont know about that angieram

WBA should have had sent after dangerouse red card challenge on our player.

2 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Didn't want to start an entirely new thread so thought I'd post in here.

What is the latest you can get into PP? Let's say you had a ticket and other commitments. Would you be let in at half time at all? Or is there a cut-off for late gate?

Half time you can just walk in if the rest of the ground is like the East Stand

1 hour ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Didn't want to start an entirely new thread so thought I'd post in here.

What is the latest you can get into PP? Let's say you had a ticket and other commitments. Would you be let in at half time at all? Or is there a cut-off for late gate?

I think it is 30 mins after kick off 

Again email Derby county to see when doors shut.

On 15/09/2021 at 00:54, Derby blood said:

Back by popular demand. 

After a hard fought point against WBA, now we turn our attentions to Stoke at home on Saturday, if we show the same heart, and a little bit more care in front of goal i believe we will win this 2-0, goals from Jozwiak and Lawrence, 3 points on saturday, could give this team a real confidence boost. 

A little more care in front of goal? Did we get in front of goal on Tuesday? ?