Jump to content

Keeping fans safe at EFL matches


Beetle
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think it has to be down to personal choice. We’ve had respiratory viruses for years and never had such restrictions, we had to when there was no vaccine, I get that but now approaching 90% of the identified population being vaccinated it shouldn’t be compulsory and definitely not at football matches. It is your choice to be there and you take the risk, public transport however is different, vulnerable can’t always avoid that so mask wearing should be compulsory on public transport IMO.

Personally, i am not wearing a mask at the football, for the simple reason if no one else is wearing a mask, then you wearing a mask gives you ZERO protection so it’s pointless. As for stopping me spreading potential Covid virus, I’m taking regular lateral flow tests which you can pick up free from the NHS so I know I don’t have it when I’m entering a stadium. That to me is more than reasonable.

Edited by BramcoteRam84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

There’s clear instructions on which stairways are up and which are down. Nobody takes any notice and the steward just laughed when I asked him why it’s not enforced. People just don’t care enough about others to do a simple thing. 

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

The seats with dots were those earmarked for the 1st return after lockdown, when it was individual seats or a pair with gaps around them.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

Spots are to help snipers depending who you criticise loudly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think it has to be down to personal choice. We’ve had respiratory viruses for years and never had such restrictions, we had to when there was no vaccine, I get that but now approaching 90% of the identified population being vaccinated it shouldn’t be compulsory and definitely not at football matches. It is your choice to be there and you take the risk, public transport however is different, vulnerable can’t always avoid that so mask wearing should be compulsory on public transport IMO.

Personally, i am not wearing a mask at the football, for the simple reason if no one else is wearing a mask, then you wearing a mask gives you ZERO protection so it’s pointless. As for stopping me spreading potential Covid virus, I’m taking regular lateral flow tests which you can pick up free from the NHS so I know I don’t have it when I’m entering a stadium. That to me is more than reasonable.

I suspect many are not as careful as you re testing etc.  This is another issue with the ticket office position. I am immunosuprssed but i booked ticket late and ticket office at peterborough were really helpful making sure I could buy a back row seat on an aisle and then i could limit my contact in the ground. If the club was canny (or cared) while attendances are down they could sell some areas specifically more spread out for those concerned with health issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

The spots are to identify the “half fans”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

The seats with dots were those earmarked for the 1st return after lockdown, when it was individual seats or a pair with gaps around them.

 

 

 

 

God, I’m right again! 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 15:13, Beetle said:

Not sure if this is in the right place but I wanted to make Derby fans aware of the recommended guidelines - including wearing a mask. The TVs in the stadium advise wearing a mask but the vast majority of people do not. I can see us not being allowed in soon and mask wearing may help prevent that, but more importantly may prevent us losing more family/friends to the virus.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/keeping-fans-safe-at-efl-matches/

https://fb.watch/81LszJADRp/

Its almost as if they were listening @Beetle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

Yes, mine has a big green spot on it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well frankly goverment telling people you will not be force to wear one but thing if stuck with bloody thing you cant be scared of it for ever.

Scared of what? Covid? Nobody is talking about forever, but right now it’s sensible to be cautious. It really does take lives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

There’s clear instructions on which stairways are up and which are down. 

Is that the aisles in the stand/between the blocks of seats, or the stairs from concourse to stands?

I haven’t noticed any of that but my stairs (from concourse) are at a dead end of the North Stand (where concourse meets back of club shop).

Next aisle/block from me is classed as East Stand, and accessed from East side turnstiles/concourse. (T’other side of club shop). 
Is it different for blocks mid-stand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

I assumed they were there from the first time fans were supposedly going back last season, the club did a lot of work marking seats floors etc.  Have you noticed the large coloured spots on the back of the seats? What are they for? 
I don’t think the stairs are meant to be one way now, or why aren’t the steps to the seats?
 

I noticed that in the bogs the markings on the floor the left foot is on the right and right on the left. I reckon they’re either poor design or seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 17:40, Mucker1884 said:

I’d be happier if we all abided by the rules (which we all agree to as part of the ticket purchase transaction), and also for the club to police it. 
Mask wearing through the turnstiles, concourse, toilets and stairs  has been almost non existent, from what I’ve seen. To the point where I feel the freak, keeping mine on until I get to my seat!

It matters not who agrees or disagrees. It’s part of the deal!

🐏

 

It’s not though is it. It was before masks became a personal choice.
Ultimately if someone is worried about catching covid or any other catchy viruses, Pride park probably isn’t the best place to be Mask or no Mask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes I mean cov19

It has took lives yes but would people loved one that people sadly lost but would they want to be misable for ever no.

You’re still talking about forever, that’s nonsense. It won’t last forever, but it will last longer if people don’t take what precautions they can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is that the aisles in the stand/between the blocks of seats, or the stairs from concourse to stands?

I haven’t noticed any of that but my stairs (from concourse) are at a dead end of the North Stand (where concourse meets back of club shop).

Next aisle/block from me is classed as East Stand, and accessed from East side turnstiles/concourse. (T’other side of club shop). 
Is it different for blocks mid-stand?

The stairs from the concourse to the seating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

It’s not though is it. It was before masks became a personal choice.
Ultimately if someone is worried about catching covid or any other catchy viruses, Pride park probably isn’t the best place to be Mask or no Mask. 

Have you watched the video? It's just saying if we are all considerate and make some small adjustments,  more people can enjoy coming back to games. 

Not unreasonable, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

It’s not though is it. It was before masks became a personal choice.
Ultimately if someone is worried about catching covid or any other catchy viruses, Pride park probably isn’t the best place to be Mask or no Mask. 

I’m talking about DCFC’s “Covid-19 Supporters Code of Conduct”:

5. Supporters are advised to wear a face mask, face covering or face visor within the concourse, toilets and walking to their seats.

 

If that is no longer advised by the club, then they need to update their terms & conditions, so we all know what is expected of us?  
At the very least, change the wording to something that suggests it is merely their preference?  (If indeed that is the case?)
 

Totally agree that it’s down to each individual to decide whether to attend or not.  Not sure that’s even an issue, as I’m not aware of anyone attending against their will?  

 

Edited by Mucker1884
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.