Keeping fans safe at EFL matches

Beetle

Not sure if this is in the right place but I wanted to make Derby fans aware of the recommended guidelines - including wearing a mask. The TVs in the stadium advise wearing a mask but the vast majority of people do not. I can see us not being allowed in soon and mask wearing may help prevent that, but more importantly may prevent us losing more family/friends to the virus.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/keeping-fans-safe-at-efl-matches/

Edited by Beetle

I’d be happier if we all abided by the rules (which we all agree to as part of the ticket purchase transaction), and also for the club to police it. 
Mask wearing through the turnstiles, concourse, toilets and stairs  has been almost non existent, from what I’ve seen. To the point where I feel the freak, keeping mine on until I get to my seat!

It matters not who agrees or disagrees. It’s part of the deal!

?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I’d be happier if we all abided by the rules (which we all agree to as part of the ticket purchase transaction), and also for the club to police it. 
Mask wearing through the turnstiles, concourse, toilets and stairs  has been almost non existent, from what I’ve seen. To the point where I feel the freak, keeping mine on until I get to my seat!

?

You get to your seat and remove your mask.

Then thousands of people surround you and shout, sing and cheer ( unless you're in the West stand ) 

What's the point in wearing the mask in the first place?

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

?

I'll be honest with you when I was at the Huddersfield game I can't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask in the concourse or toilets so assumed that it wasn't necessary to wear masks at all in any area at the ground 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

You get to your seat and remove your mask.

Then thousands of people surround you and shout, sing and cheer ( unless you're in the West stand ) 

What's the point in wearing the mask in the first place?

Toilets and concourse are effectively indoors, albeit admittedly well ventilated/draughty!

Seats may be covered, but effectively outside.

The point in wearing the masks in the first place is that we agree to, when buying a ticket. 

Personally, being so close to so many for such a prolonged period, I’d feel a tad more comfortable for all to be wearing a mask even in the seats, for the duration of the game, but that ain’t gonna happen!
Before returning, I weighed up the pros and cons, and based on the rules (supporters COVID charter or some such title?) I decided to go for it. 
Now knowing that the COVID charter isn’t worth the web page it’s written on, I’ve weighed up the pros and cons, and still decided to go for it!  
Not 100% comfortable with it, but then I’m not 100% comfortable with the style of football/results/club politics either, but still keep going!

”A fool and his football club”, they do say!

I do however, find it all rather exciting and exhilarating, wondering whether l will die of COVID first, or see my beloved football club become extinct first!

“The thrill of not knowing”, they do say!  ??

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Toilets and concourse are effectively indoors, albeit admittedly well ventilated/draughty!

Seats may be covered, but effectively outside.

The point in wearing the masks in the first place is that we agree to, when buying a ticket. 

Personally, being so close to so many for such a prolonged period, I’d feel a tad more comfortable for all to be wearing a mask even in the seats, for the duration of the game, but that ain’t gonna happen!
Before returning, I weighed up the pros and cons, and based on the rules (supporters COVID charter or some such title?) I decided to go for it. 
Now knowing that the COVID charter isn’t worth the web page it’s written on, I’ve weighed up the pros and cons, and still decided to go for it!  
Not 100% comfortable with it, but then I’m not 100% comfortable with the style of football/results/club politics either, but still keep going!

”A fool and his football club”, they do say!

I do however, find it all rather exciting and exhilarating, wondering whether l will die of COVID first, or see my beloved football club become extinct first!

“The thrill of not knowing”, they do say!  ??

I'm pretty sure that the forest game was where I caught covid, but that was probably down to all the bodies on top of us when we scored.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

I wear mine if I have to queue or talk to staff.

Me too. They are pretty much sitting ducks behind those counters. I'm one less person spluttering all over them. 

Though I have to say that the way tickets are sold isn't helping. Everyone huddled into the same seats when we could have spread out much more. Stewards weren't very co-operative tonight but we eventually found a bit more space.

IMG_20210914_212124.jpg

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll be honest with you when I was at the Huddersfield game I can't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask in the concourse or toilets so assumed that it wasn't necessary to wear masks at all in any area at the ground 

Same, my first game this season was Forest at home. I read before the game on the DCFC pre match email that it is recommended you were one inside the concourse. Myself and my family then slipped one on before we went in, to find that we were the only ones wearing them and so didn't bother after that. 

Reading this it is no wonder crowds are down.  If you are very vulnerable you may not chose to be in a crowded place surrounded by people singing and shouting loudly when droplets travel further even if mainly outside. It doesnt make people scared to live as someone mentioned to avoid such a crowded setting including perhaps travelling to it on coach/ public transport. It is a decision on one place. So if you dont wear a mask in the areas advised perhaps you shouldnt moan so much about half fans not attending and wonder why attendances are down. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Reading this it is no wonder crowds are down.  If you are very vulnerable you may not chose to be in a crowded place surrounded by people singing and shouting loudly when droplets travel further even if mainly outside. It doesnt make people scared to live as someone mentioned to avoid such a crowded setting including perhaps travelling to it on coach/ public transport. It is a decision on one place. So if you dont wear a mask in the areas advised perhaps you shouldnt moan so much about half fans not attending and wonder why attendances are down. 

Should say it is obviously your choice not to wear a mask now but it is difficult to then wonder some chose not to attend

I'm a double jabbed fifty something but will continue to wear a mask in shops and indoor public spaces.

In my view its respectful. I don't know if the person next to me in the checkout queue is vulnerable or unjabbed, or both.  Until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that you cannot be asymptomatic I wouldn't feel comfortable not wearing one.

Edited by Stockport Ram
dyslexic finger syndrome