WBA Away

Derby blood

Er...fair to say no-one called that starting XI.

Think 3 at the back makes sense given the incoming bombardment. Really pleased to see Dylan Williams given a starting berth also, he must be made up. Hope he enjoys the experience.

But for me, dropping Bird & Morrison in a game where we need to control possession to keep them off us, is decidedly unwise. Its almost like we don't want the ball putting Knight & Shinnie in the middle & that's just going to invite pressure and constant delivery launched into our box.

Shades of Cardiff away in March. Hope I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting line up - not fussed that Lawrence is dropped/ rested as he was being a complete fool at Birmingham whilst Morrison has never played so many games ( staggering) bringing in knight was something I would have done whilst Rooney has immense faith in Williams ( which has just made our squad larger by the current embargo) 

some youthful effort tonight 

UTR 

Think Williams is a scholar and doesn't count as a senior player for this reason, even with games played 

5 minutes ago, AGR said:

Is anyone else listening to this nonsense from Ed Dawes slagging off Roos before a ball has been kicked? Roos has hardly put a foot wrong this season, he should’ve saved forests goal but I’ll let him off as he did a great save just before. 

I particularly liked the deft way he flapped the ball into the air then caught it in the Birmingham game.

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No point having jozwiak sibley and Baldock back on set pieces keep them on the half way line and give us some options 

Plus Knight, Shinnie, Byrne & Williams. Stick 7 forward at set pieces, they won't be expecting that!

9 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Think 3 at the back makes sense given the incoming bombardment. Really pleased to see Dylan Williams given a starting berth also, he must be made up. Hope he enjoys the experience.

But for me, dropping Bird & Morrison in a game where we need to control possession to keep them off us, is decidedly unwise. Its almost like we don't want the ball putting Knight & Shinnie in the middle & that's just going to invite pressure and constant delivery launched into our box.

As soon as I saw the team, I thought of this match

Good luck to young Dylan tonight. I think he’ll be pinned back in a back 5 if I’m honest with little opportunity to get forward but they may be good for him. If it was a game where he was expected to get forward too much he’d find it very hard to not be exposed. In this situation he’ll basically have Buchanan inside him doubling up and looking after him and two other Centre backs taking care of deliveries in the box. 

Sibley, Joz and Baldock will have a lot of responsibility to break quickly and effectively when we do get the chance to break out.

Dont see it as a possession dominating evening if I’m honest and the selection says as much  

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I hope so too. For me it all hinges on Sibley. No Morrison, no Lawrence, we know Sam will willingly run channels and Knight will be in overdrive for 96 minutes … but if anything comes from this it’s got to be from Sibley He needs to announce himself, not as a feisty kid with some talent but a grown up game changer. … 

Nervous, somewhere off Burton Road