Extra Time @ Derby Theatre

David

“Extra Time is a pitch-perfect tribute to Derby, its people and its club, a must-see, uplifting show to bask in the glory and nostalgia of the 1946 FA Cup win, and to celebrate DCFC and our great city. Created by Jamie Thrasivoulou, Derby County Football Club's poet, in collaboration with fans and theatre makers from across the city.”

Tickets

Prices from: All tickets £15

Concessions: £2 off for Friends

https://www.derbytheatre.co.uk/extra-time

3F4CD58E-18A2-4EEB-9374-806C28550A5C.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The last time we appeared in a FA Cup in 1946. I wonder what the chances of us appearing in one before we go 100 years? I'll be nearly 55 years old at that point. I'd like to think we will turn a corner and be due some success. 

I wouldn't bet on it though. 

When you think of the clubs that have - Coventry, Milwall, Portsmouth, Wigan, QPR, Ipswich, Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke, Middlesborough, Hull - it's quite amazing how badly we have performed. We've had about two decent cup runs since Hillsborough '76 and would probably rank very near the top of any table that showed under performance compared to average league position.

Even Chesterfield have got closer since, and they're non-league......

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

When you think of the clubs that have - Coventry, Milwall, Portsmouth, Wigan, QPR, Ipswich, Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke, Middlesborough, Hull - it's quite amazing how badly we have performed. We've had about two decent cup runs since Hillsborough '76 and would probably rank very near the top of any table that showed under performance compared to average league position.

Even Chesterfield have got closer since, and they're non-league......

Yeah, you’d think by the law of averages we’d have got to at at least one more semi since 1976. I think previous to that the next semi-final appearance was way back in 1948, also against Utd at Hillsborough.

I remember a play at Derby Playhouse in Sacheverel Street called "Up The Rams", which went through our history from the club's foundation to the (then) present day.

I went on 31 March, 1971 (how's that for memory? See, I'm not as senile as you think).